Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Ideas and Suggestions

Lucifer666s8n's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Campaign Ideas and Suggestions

Old thread with no new posts -- Sad to see a great mod without any new information -- This time in American History would be rich to play and develop - - Changing the results of the Civil War, possibly having the option to abolish slavery in the South, (which is what they were doing towards the end of the war anyway, with Robert E. Lee working to draft soon to be former slaves into the army--) and so on --

There are many aspects that could be played into this mod, ranging from the attempts at the CSA to bring Britain to their aid, Mexico possibly taking an advantage against a divided Union? This is the ultimate what-if mod, that plays better than Empire Total war (which sucks) and shows what the M2TW:K engine is truly capable of -- I hope that bumping this thread a little may inspire the dev's to work on it -- as this is my first post, and this mod has so much potential that I have to use it here --

dragunov121's Avatar Foederatus

Im very excited about this mod. can't wait to play the campaign!!! keep up the good work and please do not stop the mod

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

We are sorry but actually we have no time to continue the development. But during the holidays we wil try to improve the mod.

Hello, never tried SCW but I'm going to download it now, I've seen pictures and they are really great (and I like Secession Civil War history very much!).
    I know that now you aren't working on campaign, but I know about something related to my country (I'm Italian) that could be interesting to add (only my personal opinion): I know that during the war, Lincoln called Garibaldi to lead part of his army, but he rejected, really I don't remember why but if you're interested I can make some research...well, in the campaign why not to add a script to bring to Union the possibility of recruiting him (a sort of "Do you want him? Choose yes/no")?

Btw, really good work and +rep for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirnaeth Arnoediad View Post
    We are sorry but actually we have no time to continue the development. But during the holidays we wil try to improve the mod.

It is a very promising mod and I'm looking forward to test it on a campaign.
    Some proposals:
    -A map centered over the eastern United States where the operations took place
    -A multitude of forts to create a real strategy to control the land.
    -Include a large number of towns and not just states.
    -Give the railway a real strategic issue
    -Limit the number of recruits according to city size (more realistic)

In french:
    C'est un mod très prometteur et je suis impatient de le tester sur une campagne.
    Quelques propositions:
    -Une carte centrée sur l'est des Etats-Unis où se sont déroulées les opérations
    -Une multitudes de forts afin de créer une véritable stratégie de maîtrise du terrain.
    -Faire figurer un grand nombres de villes moyennes et pas seulement les Etats.
    -Donner au chemin de fer un véritable enjeu stratégique
    -Limiter le nombre de recrutements en fonction de la taille des villes (plus réaliste)

Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    It is a very promising mod and I'm looking forward to test it on a campaign.
    Some proposals:
    -A map centered over the eastern United States where the operations took place
    -A multitude of forts to create a real strategy to control the land.
    -Include a large number of towns and not just states.
    -Give the railway a real strategic issue
    -Limit the number of recruits according to city size (more realistic)

In french:
    C'est un mod très prometteur et je suis impatient de le tester sur une campagne.
    Quelques propositions:
    -Une carte centrée sur l'est des Etats-Unis où se sont déroulées les opérations
    -Une multitudes de forts afin de créer une véritable stratégie de maîtrise du terrain.
    -Faire figurer un grand nombres de villes moyennes et pas seulement les Etats.
    -Donner au chemin de fer un véritable enjeu stratégique
    -Limiter le nombre de recrutements en fonction de la taille des villes (plus réaliste)
    i like this idea , but how bout the town regions take the shapes of states, or better yet how bout just leave as is with states cause here in the US r armies that fought in N. America focused on taking the State capitols than individual town, the towns were more like resting places, mabye changing the town models on the map so it looks like multiple towns over the region and 1 big city where it should b?

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

Thanks !
    Concerning the map, we are actually considering a grand version, from pacific to atlantic. Some ltitle battles happens in California, and the indian territories were very strategic. I know the most important part of the war occurs un the middlewest and New england, but TW are here to redone history, and as we plan to add mexico and canada, the frontiers and the map have to be sized as explained above.

But we are still thinking about all the possibilities, and of course the scale of the map will allow you micromanagement in nord-east. Concerning the states/cities, we plan to have only he capital as city of a state, so one city = one state, for reasons of strategy, as Shugo 560 said. But they will be exceptions.
    Concerning forts, if one day the progress in cities/towns/forts modding allow us to mod their structure, we would be happy to add many fortifications.

As our team is now in holidays, we will maybe rework on the campaign project this summer, if we find motivation.

We will be there to motivate you if necessary. In all congratulations for this great work. For I tried to create a campaign on your mod, I admit that the task is difficult.

By cons, your mod might be a basis for other campaigns in the same time: the Crimean War, War of 1870-1871 (I'm French!) And others.

Calner's Avatar Laetus

A great game, i have a couple of suggestions for your campaign, railway movement was one of the things that set the war apart from previous conflicts as fast deployment of troops became possible, cavalry should also be able to disrupt rail movement by destroying patches of rail-track.
    I did see some mentions about other factions, aside from the neutral states of kentucky/missouri and west virginia, you could also look into the indian reserve, mexico (mexico and france as france invaded mexico and captured it in 1862) and canada?

This is my first post on the site and i am not a modder so please forgive any ideas which are implausible or impossible with the m2tw engine

regards

Calner

Quote Originally Posted by Calner View Post
    A great game, i have a couple of suggestions for your campaign, railway movement was one of the things that set the war apart from previous conflicts as fast deployment of troops became possible, cavalry should also be able to disrupt rail movement by destroying patches of rail-track.
    I did see some mentions about other factions, aside from the neutral states of kentucky/missouri and west virginia, you could also look into the indian reserve, mexico (mexico and france as france invaded mexico and captured it in 1862) and canada?

This is my first post on the site and i am not a modder so please forgive any ideas which are implausible or impossible with the m2tw engine

regards

Calner
    Kentucky,Missouri,and west Virginia were all part of the union

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

For any scripted events will there be historical explenations for anyone playing who is not famililar with a particular event? And will the soldiers have full-detailed descriptions as well?

The first was a suggestion, and the second more of a curiosity. This mod is fantastic, and I am very much looking forward to the campaign. I grew up in New Orleans, so I am very much looking forward to kicking some Union butt on an American map.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Calner's Avatar Laetus

hi just a suggestion in regards to factions, you could possibly put in mexico and the french as france invaded and captured mexico during 1862, just a suggestion, demo appo amazing by the way!!!

C

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'd like to work on a campaign for this mod, if the devs would consent and I could find a mapper to join me. My ideas would be, rather than start the whole "Federalism vs States' Rights" debate, we could just have national sentiment (Confederate/Union/Mexican/French/British/Indian come to mind), and to have a map of all North America.

Of course, if I can't find a mapper, I'll have to use the Americas map or not use any map at all.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Nirnaeth Arnoediad View Post
    Thanks !
    Concerning the map, we are actually considering a grand version, from pacific to atlantic. Some ltitle battles happens in California, and the indian territories were very strategic. I know the most important part of the war occurs un the middlewest and New england, but TW are here to redone history, and as we plan to add mexico and canada, the frontiers and the map have to be sized as explained above.

But we are still thinking about all the possibilities, and of course the scale of the map will allow you micromanagement in nord-east. Concerning the states/cities, we plan to have only he capital as city of a state, so one city = one state, for reasons of strategy, as Shugo 560 said. But they will be exceptions.
    Concerning forts, if one day the progress in cities/towns/forts modding allow us to mod their structure, we would be happy to add many fortifications.

As our team is now in holidays, we will maybe rework on the campaign project this summer, if we find motivation.
    The Mid Atlantic, Deep South, and Midwest. Nothing in New England. New England is everything Northeast of New York and South of Canada. The Confederate "high water mark" was Pennsylvania. The goal was to effectively take Maryland and Pennsylvania which would grant them recognition by the Great Powers and give them the propaganda of taking Washington D.C. Then the Union would in all likelihood sue for peace and the south would cede some of the conquered territory in exchange for guarantees. Most likely the south would demand the Mason Dixon Line for the border and make Washington their Capital. After all, the South saw themselves as the side the founding heroes would have favored.

You can have a fort for each culture type and since they're stone forts they'd be part of the map so you could use all the different culture slots. You could easily have 6 or 7 different fort layouts and skins placed with no relation to the culture of the owner. You have what? 2 cultures so far?

I agree 1 city per state with a few exceptions. Some of the more populated or larger states could have multiple cities. For example New York City is effectively it's own State, there's very little connection even now with all the communication between the NYC metropolis, Albany in northern New York, and the upstate in Buffalo. Western Massachusetts is basically a different state than Eastern Mass although that's not a big enough state to warrant a divide. Maine has a similar problem in the North and South, but that's again not really relevant unless you want to give the northern tip of Maine to New Brunswick (which actually would be reasonable because that border was still disputed. Pennsylvania could have a Pittsburgh - Pennsylvania split.Sort of like how if one was doing a map of Britain Greater London should be it's own region. And Texas has a handful of different cultural regions centered around different cities. Although how established they were in 1860 is questionable and the mod is quite limited in scope so perhaps that would not be wise. Arizona and New Mexico were divided both horizontally and vertically so that could be 4 regions instead of 2 although again probably not due to population and such.

i
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Why on earth would we do one city per state?

I've had a totally different idea. Something kinda like ETW and Rusichi at once, where in each state there will be a reasonably sized town or two where you can recruit regulars, several villages where you can recruit militia, and a "fort" (castle) or two where you can recruit artillery and cavalry. Finally, make population growth minimal and create custom settlements for each level so it's not so medieval, and you're done. Now, it would also be nice to boost the amount you get from sacking villages but drastically reduce that for larger settlements (so you have a reason to attack the villages besides it looking prettier), but IDK if that can be done.

Domesticus

Can you make a map with two playable factions?

It can be done, but my mapping skills are nil.

Domesticus

We hope that there are others who would like to make the map.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Yeah, it would be great to someone decide to continue work on this great mod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast