Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Campaign Ideas and Suggestions

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Campaign Ideas and Suggestions

There's another problem - were I to make a campaign, I couldn't upload it unless an admin gave me permission, because it's not my mod.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    There's another problem - were I to make a campaign, I couldn't upload it unless an admin gave me permission, because it's not my mod.
    ask permission from the devs ...if yu get no reply release it as a sub-mod and give glowing credits to the developers .........its a shame if a mods developers lose interest and vanish for years and nobody can do anything....you would not be stealing anybodys work....you would be giving it new life.....and that is a great thing and is what keeps mods alive for the long run

If a submit is acceptable, I would be glad to make one. Now I need time and a mapper.

I doubt if it will ever happen I would love to see a campaign map with; Britain in Canada, Mexico against France in Mexico, Spain in Cuba and Puerto Rico and various Indian tribes as “vassals” to the Union in the West. To the last point you could extend the time frame into the 1870s-80s to include the various campaigns against the Native tribes in the west.
    Last edited by KillerBee256; November 14, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Actually, most of the Indians fought for the South AFAIK. But anyhow, I have a map mostly done, I just need to implement it. But I'm not really accomplishing anything, as redoing the entire export_descr_buildings file is... daunting... to say the least. Plus I don't know where to even start. Any ideas?

How are you going to handle the family tree as all faction will be republics? Will it work like the Papacy in vanilla or teutonic knights in kingdoms?

Teutonic Knights. While I'd like the Papacy idea, first all states would have to be independent (a decent idea for the CSA, but not the Union), and second there's only allowed to be one slave faction. Thus, I removed the proper "governments" and instead have a Teutonic tree for each and the leaders are in fact military leaders rather than the presidents. I didn't like the idea, but considering the lack of a proper republic system a la ETW, it is most historically accurate and least unrealistic to have a general command system as the government instead. ATM, Lee is Major General of the CSA, and MacClellan of the USA. Haven't added anybody else yet.

I just want to say that I really hope you do this Agamemnon!
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

I hope I do too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123