Thread: Is their a way to just take the maps?

Default Is their a way to just take the maps?

Hi,

I have played BBW's on several occasions. It's closest to the best mod as a mod can be for me. The reason why I don't like it is because of the mix of vanilla units with modded units. I like uniformity so I wanted either all modded units or all vanilla units. No in between as I find it makes the rosters look choppy. I mean no offense of course, I am just a picky, and particular person. I loved the Menu, and load screens. But most of all the several different maps in the different versions of the campaigns. Is their a way that I can just have the maps and no units from BBW? Just let me know. Thanks!
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Default Re: Is their a way to just take the maps?

anyone?
    Baldwin IV

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Well, friend, from experience, as long as you don't release a mod of your own using this map (without permission from the BBTW team) you can do whatever you'd like.
    I use several maps, and TONS of units from mods, and make my own. Just don't release them to the public without permission, like I said.

Yes but how would I be able to do this?
    Baldwin IV

like how would I be able to take BBW's campaign maps ONLY and implement them into the regular Vanilla RTW?
    Baldwin IV

In the data folder of the mods install there should be a file called descr_geography.db and descr_geography.txt and they should contain the terrain changes for this mod. However I do not play this mod so I do not know if it is just the terrain and textures that are changed slightly or if the entire map is completely different to that of vanilla RTW. If it is completely different then it will either not work with other versions or mods of RTW or it will just be screwed up and events will activate in the wrong places.

The loading screens however can be found in data/loading_screen so if you want them in the original RTW you can take them from there, I haven't done any modding with loading screens so I'm not sure whether there is a file you need to edit to notify it of the new loading screens or if you can just paste them over.

But as for the campaign map I think it would take a lot of extra work just to get that working in a different version but I can look into it for you if you want.

EDIT: I expect I could remove the modded units for you and send you the updated EDU and EDB files which shouldn't be too difficult unless a fraction starts with some of the newer modded units. And I can't download it since the Filefront link is broken and the Megaupload one has been blocked by the FBI.
    Last edited by Lord Uxbridge; February 18, 2012 at 06:43 AM.

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance you coud give me.
    Baldwin IV