Thread: Giving Dragoons Platoon Fire and Editing thier stats

Default Giving Dragoons Platoon Fire and Editing thier stats

I've succeeded in giving dragoons platoon fire - to a point...
    When they preform the drill they stretch out as long as a line infantry regiment and there's 5-6 paces between each man. they take WAY to long to set up and the drill is broken for them...
    When i try to edit their reload and melee stats the game won't let me play battles... i can go

main menu>single player>play battle>choose map>CTD(should be choose faction)

how do i

A)Make dragoons use Platoon fire just like Grenadiers and not run 50 yards in each direction

B)change their stats without a CTD at the choose faction screen

Thanks in advanced!
    Originally Posted by Spectre11B
    Nothing says "job well done" like a gratuitous rage quit.
    Belli Infinitum
    a mod for ETW

Default Re: Giving Dragoons Platoon Fire and Editing thier stats

Did you gave them only platoon_fire_grouped or also improved_platoon-firing_grouped?
    I never tried platoon firing because i dont like it much but this could solve Problem A.
    If not give them rank_fire ability too, because platoon firing also needs rank_fire as you can see in unit_abilities db table.

I will try out and report later.

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Did you gave them only platoon_fire_grouped or also improved_platoon-firing_grouped?
    I never tried platoon firing because i dont like it much but this could solve Problem A.
    If not give them rank_fire ability too, because platoon firing also needs rank_fire as you can see in unit_abilities db table.

I will try out and report later.
    I gave them the "improved_platoon_fire_grouped" and regular "platoon_fire_grouped" traits and also "rank_fire" to begin with... i've experimented with different combos of these three traits to no avail.

thank you for your help though...

I can add abilities basically but i'm still flabbergasted as to how to modify unit's stats. I'm having trouble accessing patch file's unit_stats_land tables
    Belli Infinitum
    a mod for ETW

Okay mate, here is a open thread which describe similar to solve problem A i think.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273882

For problem B i´m sorry but i have no solution. I never had problems editing this tables.

Okay mate, here is a open thread which describe similar to solve problem A i think.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273882

For problem B i´m sorry but i have no solution. I never had problems editing this tables.
    thank you
    when you edit unit stats do you edit the main.pack or the patch#.pack?

when i implement a new unit_stats_land table(from the main.pack) into my mod pack the game crashes on the boot screen...
    i get the DB header type missing error when i try to view Patch#.pack
    Belli Infinitum
    a mod for ETW

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I would never ever mess around in the original files, extract the DB's from the latest Patch.pack and put them in an own modfolder.

If have problems with the DB Editor you can use also the most actual Pack File Manager of Napoleon, those are working too.

For the crashes... if you really editied the original files, it possible that you have broken them. So you have to verify your steam chache to repair them.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    I would never ever mess around in the original files, extract the DB's from the latest Patch.pack and put them in an own modfolder.

If have problems with the DB Editor you can use also the most actual Pack File Manager of Napoleon, those are working too.

For the crashes... if you really editied the original files, it possible that you have broken them. So you have to verify your steam chache to repair them.
    i have not edited original files, i copied files from main.pack put them in mymod.pack and then edit those files and then copy the mymod.pack into my data folder... i active my mod useing modmanager
    my game is entirely intact and vanilla at the moment and 100% steam verified.
    my problem is when i use my mod the unit_stats_land causes the game to crash...
    Belli Infinitum
    a mod for ETW

The easiest way is when you make a copy from a vanilla table to start DB editor without choosing any pack. Then you have for each table the newest.

The easiest way is when you make a copy from a vanilla table to start DB editor without choosing any pack. Then you have for each table the newest.
    what?

I think the reason game crashes when i use a vanilla units_stats_land is because it's the main pack version, if you or someone could please give me the patch5 unit_stats_land table(which for some reason i can't open in DBeditor) that would be most appreciated
    Belli Infinitum
    a mod for ETW

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Strathclyde View Post
    what?

I think the reason game crashes when i use a vanilla units_stats_land is because it's the main pack version, if you or someone could please give me the patch5 unit_stats_land table(which for some reason i can't open in DBeditor) that would be most appreciated

i'm sorry i just realized that you can't send vanilla files on TWC...

Thank you all who have given me help though
    Belli Infinitum
    a mod for ETW

Did you ever fix them spreading out?

okay sorry i just realized this is a 6 year old post