Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deification

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Default Deification

Just throwing this out there for fun, mainly. What if we had a special rank for people who effectively exercised total control over the site for a period of at least three months? Or something like that. We could label them Deus when they retire, in the good Roman tradition of deifying emperors. Currently only Siblesz and Sulla would be eligible for the rank, of course, and I think they may deserve the extra distinction.

Of course, more ranks are bad, etc., but come on, deification is neat.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

While I think it would be nice to give Sibs and Sulla a special honor for their work, I don't like more ranks, but then again, deification is cool.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

yeah, go on deify them
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

I agree with this intitiative, but would add Boris to the list along with any former worthy Triumvir members.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

NM too.

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Would be nice to show extraspecial guys our appreciation by declaring them gods of TWC... Sulla, Sib, GEN, Boris are the ones I can think of...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Rolanbek's Avatar Malevolent Revenent
    Citizen

sounds like a giggle, do we throw it open to all Imperators, dictators and the Like?

R
    November 06, 2006 02:10 PM If I knew you were going to populate the Curia with cheapshots, you never would have gotten promoted. - Anon

Love mail from when Rep came with daggers to stab you...
    Join the Curia, loudmouths spewing bile for your entertainment.
    Contents:Sirloin of deceased Equine, your choice of hot or cold revenge, All served on a bed of barrel shavings. may contain nuts

lol, seeing as i was kicked out for apparently being an autocratic bureacratic dictotor and self proclaimed imperator then i'd qualify for that too, a living god on TWC!!! haha!

i'm against extra ranks

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

tBP,

Why are you against everything? You were against appointing new Senatorii, you are against new ranks...

I say yes. "Princeps Senatus Honoris" would be suitable. :original:
    Or Honoris Senatorii Vechii.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

why do we need more and more ranks? its just confusing for people, as especially the ordinary members who get confused and think senators are moderators and other stuff....

i'm not against everything at all
    i proposed the praetor amendment, i support sims contigency amendment

i support whatever i percieve to be in the best interests of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by the Black Prince
    why do we need more and more ranks? its just confusing for people, as especially the ordinary members who get confused and think senators are moderators and other stuff....

i'm not against everything at all
    i proposed the praetor amendment, i support sims contigency amendment

i support whatever i percieve to be in the best interests of TWC
    More ranks = greater participation = greater activity in the Curia = better and better TWC
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Hmm, half of it you're right. Half wrong.
    We need a small rank, for the members who are worthy of divinization, to make a shrine(temple, Pantheon whatever...) to them.(half joking).

Sulla and Siblesz are 2 very good examples.
    Let's create a special rank for them.

Or if you do not agree, make them Senatorii Vechii, because that's a real honorary title.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

siblesz and soon sulla 9if ont already) are both senatorii vechii, and most definately deserve to be

thats what that rank is FOR the special honour for the select few who have contributed to such a high level, and displayed the dedication and commitment to such a high extend only possible of someone who has given their time and energy up to work as a staff member

thats why i'm opposed to widening the senatorii candidates. its a special rank for the most deserving, the members who put the most in, the most dedicated, the most committed, the staff.

only be devaluing the rank of senatorii would you need additional special ranks

more to the point, senatorii isn't much of an honour if its freely avalaible. if they want special acolades, they should make the ultiamte commitment and prove themselves worthy of being a good TWc staff member.

the reason why i'm against deification? because we already have a special honour for excellent high standing people - Senatorii, and we already have a reward rank for members who make a significant contribution to the community - civitate. we don't need any more ranks

I dont support it.

Unless it includes:

Manji PR Wilpuri Frood Trob and all the old guard.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Vorenus
    I dont support it.

Unless it includes:

Manji PR Wilpuri Frood Trob and all the old guard.
    I definitelly think that defication should be done per case, and think that many of the name you mentioned should qualify......

It is a good intitative to re-invite some of the past members to keep participating in the new TWC

Valus's Avatar Natura, artis magistra

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix
    It is a good intitative to re-invite some of the past members to keep participating in the new TWC
    Yeah we would all be benefiting from their experince and expertise and I would support the notion of giving this new rank to all members of the old guard

Edit: tBP is also old-guard... Just wanted to make it clear seeing as how many didnt mention him
    Under the patronage of Søren
    The proud liege of Mimirswell, Proximus, Rhah, Phaedo and EmperorJulian

Former Moderator and Senatorii
    Member of the House of Caesars

Valus, thank you, i'm honoured *salutes*

most of the old guard are extremely unhappy by the way they were treated by the current administration, and by sulla and spartan, especially Boris and GEN. they will not return

An idea, how about all those important guys in the Curia Hall of fame: The Red ones and the leaders of all the great houses of TWC get Deified (Sp)

Hmm:

This should be a Curia elected position though the founders get it first.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

An idea, how about all those important guys in the Curia Hall of fame: The Red ones and the leaders of all the great houses of TWC get Deified (Sp)

Hmm:

[Picture thingy which I'm to lazy to edit LV's post for]

This should be a Curia elected position though the founders get it first.
    Trés cool (don't even think about it, grammar police )

Soo... that gives us...

Paul
    BPG
    Sibs
    Sulla
    .Spartan
    tBP
    NM
    the Knight2000 (or whatever his name was)

Any more ?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I support this. As it is likely that senatorii will be expanded to include long serving hard working cps who have stepped down, something special to distinguish those true greats of the forum such as ex leaders is a good thing.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast