Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4166818283848586878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1833

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

you are using RS 2.6 and renamed the Play_One_Turn folder before installing right? I assume you are using disks too?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 17, 2018 at 02:27 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

(Again, sorry for the double post: still can't edit)

I have solved the problem, I needed to patch BI to 1.6. After doing this the mod worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorus Romulus Ericthonius View Post
    (Again, sorry for the double post: still can't edit)

I have solved the problem, I needed to patch BI to 1.6. After doing this the mod worked.
    ok good to hear, enjoy

Epirus is doing well. The map allows very efficient chokepointing, for example there's one Celtic settlement that blocks off all of Italy. Similarly now, one settlement (with the help of rebels) chokepoints the Ptolemies.

Currently the main thing preventing a full steamroller east is the whole "settlement public order" thing. I'm trying to move my capital to the far east to enable much easier take-and-hold.

It's nice to not need to rush though, after a couple bloody fights, the Seleucids seem stuck on masses of Ekdromoi Hoplites... probably due to recruitment times (that's a 1-turn units, while many better ones are 2-turn or 3-turn).

My cash is gonna go into the sky, as I've largely filled up all building queues.

Katakoi Thraikes (Thracian colonists) are an excellent general infantry (spear-sword, big shield).
    Gallo-Thraikes (swordsmen) are better at using swords, though in a lot of cases I rely on archers to actually kill people rather than meleeng it up.
    Thracian Chosen Hippes are the currently-in-training replacement for my cavalry units, as they use javelins + Armor piercing sword + large shield, which is great. Should've checked and switched to them earlier, but cavalry don't feature overly much in my tactics/strategy.

Super archers are amazing, using the Hellenic Marine Archers + 7-8 XP + Silver Upgrades. They rip through even the highest armored enemies (16-18 armor) with their rediculously scaled-up attack (21+)

The biggest fights tend to be in settlement, in which the AI as a defender is somewhat handicapped, ironically...

(When the invasion started, I was tiptoing around these elites. But then took them head on.

1700 losses for 5400 kills.)

400 losses for 4872 kills

260 losses for 6563 kills
    Last edited by Alavaria; December 19, 2018 at 05:32 AM.

Excellent submod, I love it.

When was the last update?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post

Epirus is doing well. The map allows very efficient chokepointing, for example there's one Celtic settlement that blocks off all of Italy. Similarly now, one settlement (with the help of rebels) chokepoints the Ptolemies.

Currently the main thing preventing a full steamroller east is the whole "settlement public order" thing. I'm trying to move my capital to the far east to enable much easier take-and-hold.

It's nice to not need to rush though, after a couple bloody fights, the Seleucids seem stuck on masses of Ekdromoi Hoplites... probably due to recruitment times (that's a 1-turn units, while many better ones are 2-turn or 3-turn).

My cash is gonna go into the sky, as I've largely filled up all building queues.

Katakoi Thraikes (Thracian colonists) are an excellent general infantry (spear-sword, big shield).
    Gallo-Thraikes (swordsmen) are better at using swords, though in a lot of cases I rely on archers to actually kill people rather than meleeng it up.
    Thracian Chosen Hippes are the currently-in-training replacement for my cavalry units, as they use javelins + Armor piercing sword + large shield, which is great. Should've checked and switched to them earlier, but cavalry don't feature overly much in my tactics/strategy.

Super archers are amazing, using the Hellenic Marine Archers + 7-8 XP + Silver Upgrades. They rip through even the highest armored enemies (16-18 armor) with their rediculously scaled-up attack (21+)

The biggest fights tend to be in settlement, in which the AI as a defender is somewhat handicapped, ironically...

(When the invasion started, I was tiptoing around these elites. But then took them head on.

1700 losses for 5400 kills.)

400 losses for 4872 kills

260 losses for 6563 kills
    Nice post, having a good campaign I see. Now, get out of Seleukid lands barbaroi

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

dear players, anyone else got the problem of persistent battle crashes, for now i can not support my work here, as i m deep in finishing the diadochi mod...

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

no,
    my battles only ctd after very long playing and a big battle with multiple armies - my computer can´t handle.
    BTW windows seems to have fix the unplayable rtw mods

Same here, ctd after playing a long time. but i always save after every turn. otherwise it works fine for me. Looking forward to the diadochi mod. Any news when it might be finished?

CTD after plauing for a long time is a well known RTW bug, nothing to do with mods. If i recall well RTW has some sneaky memory leak.

Is this a 4 tpy? my generals age one year every turn. It says 4 tpy on top first screen?

@Leoni, could you post a list here, with wich city`s that give regional hoplites? And is it always symmachoi that give those regional hoplites?

@ Leoni, the Korkyra hoplitai dissapear from the list after i reload my save when i play Epeiros. Any thoughts on why that is happening?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

hah, just started a kart hadast campaign.
    epic massive battle, heartbeating...
    Great game!!

edit:
    after conquering roman holdings up to messina, the romans are kick´d out off sicily. But the neutral greeks backstabbed me, attacking Akragas. but there newly conquered buffersettlement instantly revolted and went rebel again. as a respond, Hannibal with his cav task force in messina invaded syracuse which is only lightly defended, but didn´t reach the walls in one turn. this way he stopped the attack on Akragas. greeks are back to one settlement and the rebels are ready for taking, after i´ve deal with them.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; April 04, 2020 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    dear players, anyone else got the problem of persistent battle crashes, for now i can not support my work here, as i m deep in finishing the diadochi mod...

Great to see some activity here again in 2019/2020. Interested to hear it's not only my system (or my WWC install). I've actually been having CTDs every second battle (literally). Campaign plays flawlessly, I enter a battle okay, when it's over I go to campaign again fine. The very next battle, I get a crash at loadscreen for the battle. The really weird thing is if I reload the game, reload a save before the battle, it loads fine,runs fine and goes to campaign after. Then again, the very next battle crashes. Happens to all my WWC games and all my battles. Having experienced and tested this many times, I've concluded the CTD is not connected to a specific unit model/sprite or it would happen only when fighting one nation. Some other info: I'm playing WWC 1.6 with all available patches/fixes known to me. I have dozens of RTW mods running fine (in a separate BI install) with battles loading fine. I also have RS III and other RS based mods, running ALX.exe for comparison, and their battles are fine (which means it should not be a system/driver issue). I was and am a bit perplexed but I'm at least glad (in a way) that I'm not the only one experiencing the issue.

WWC and RS III are one of my favorite mods of all times, of all games. Hope you can finish up the excellent Diadochi mod (also have it installed but haven't played it yet) so you can have some spare time on WWC. For me, personally, this mod is polished enough to be Final version, but those battle CTDs ruin the fun and momentum in a campaign.

@Octavius-Augustus I'm a bit confused, there is no WWC 1.6 only 1.0 beta then subsequent patches up to patch_07 https://mega.nz/#!F6QCiRTb!ipKZCWNO_...dqjtXv9_Ko81Gw have you installed this? I'm checking back thru my files for other fixes I got privately from leoni when I was testing the mod before and after release and I come across anything helpful I will contact you. I must be unique in some way because I have rarely ever had any ctd's nevermind after battle ctd's since patch_07...also have you addressed the 2gb RTW limit?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 03, 2020 at 06:56 AM. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    @Octavius-Augustus I'm a bit confused, there is no WWC 1.6 only 1.0 beta then subsequent patches up to patch_07 https://mega.nz/#!F6QCiRTb!ipKZCWNO_...dqjtXv9_Ko81Gw have you installed this? I'm checking back thru my files for other fixes I got privately from leoni when I was testing the mod before and after release and I come across anything helpful I will contact you. I must be unique in some way because I have rarely ever had any ctd's nevermind after battle ctd's since patch_07...also have you addressed the 2gb RTW limit?
    Hey Saul, long time no see, glad to see you here again. Wait, what, I am a bit confused too, when I open my WWC the loadscreens always say 1.6. I'll check again just to be double sure, since I've started installing/tinkering with my RTW mods again and I may have confused the version number with that of another mod. But I am pretty sure it said WWC 1.6 because I've even named my shortcut for the mod accordingly. As for what patches/fixes I have installed, thanks for the link, it's been a very long time but again, I am fairly certain I've installed everything that was available in this thread. Is there any way I could check if I have that '07' version, Saul? Like maybe a change that was not present in older versions so I can compare it to mine? I don't want to try to install it over my current setup since I've done some little touches here and there, but certainly nothing that can cause a battle load CTD (like unit prices in EDU etc.) Of course if you believe these are the files that potentially fix CTDs, I'd be more willing to try. Also yes, I've applied Large Address Awareness to my RTW exe files.

P.S. Wow what just happened to the forums? Are all of you seeing the site as 'Crusader themed' lol? Kind of funny but not in a good way if you ask me. Maybe I'm just not used to change, especially with a forum I've been using for so many years!

EDIT: Okay, for a moment there you really got me thinking I was going bonkers, Saul! Yes, there is no '1.6' in the main loading screen and the main menu background, but there is at least one ingame loading screen that certainly does have a big, green 'v1.6' (The file itself can be found in Play_One_Turn/loading_screen as a .tga, it's number 24, I think). Here is a screenshot to prove my point.

https://imgur.com/doN0VjL

This is why I've been thinking this whole time my WWC is 'v.1.6'. I believed when seeing the loadscreen that this last version (or last 'main' version) was named so and this has been incorporated in the loading screen to signify that. Other loadscreens may feature this too (although I couldn't find any), but that one I've seen plenty of times to fool me. What is that number and how and why it was placed there, I do not know.
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; June 04, 2020 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Found the loading screen I referred to

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    Hey Saul, long time no see, glad to see you here again. Wait, what, I am a bit confused too, when I open my WWC the loadscreens always say 1.6. I'll check again just to be double sure, since I've started installing/tinkering with my RTW mods again and I may have confused the version number with that of another mod. But I am pretty sure it said WWC 1.6 Is there any way I could check if I have that '07' version, Saul?
    You're correct I forgot leoni had labelled them 1.1/1.2/1.3 etc and not 1.0 beta+ patch No 01/02/03 etc. it obviously should look like this below. There was one other fix I remembered too Play_One_Turn.7z among other things it also fixes a bug within the garrison scripts which was causing a ctd. Also you ARE remembering to delete map.rwm after install before playing?

You're aware this mod has been upgraded to WWC: Diadochi? https://mega.nz/file/w3gmHIQI#f_NP9W...9mc9ccPhaCF-4k and 1st patch https://mega.nz/file/crhmxazQ#82ll3z...oejkqg7xS7xMu4 install as previous and only on ALX .exe

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    P.S. Wow what just happened to the forums? Are all of you seeing the site as 'Crusader themed' lol? Kind of funny but not in a good way if you ask me. Maybe I'm just not used to change, especially with a forum I've been using for so many years!
    Sorry I don't know what you mean, it just looks the same to me
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 04, 2020 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    You're correct I forgot leoni had labelled them 1.1/1.2/1.3 etc and not 1.0 beta+ patch No 01/02/03 etc. it obviously should look like this below. There was one other fix I remembered too Play_One_Turn.7z among other things it also fixes a bug within the garrison scripts which was causing a ctd. Also you ARE remembering to delete map.rwm after install before playing?
    No problem Saul, thanks again for quick answer, I just wanted to be clear why I said 1.6 (I wasn't sure myself to be honest until I found the exact loadscreen). It was not for nothing because now we know it should say 1.7 like in your screenshot, correct? Meaning I haven't installed 'Patch 07'? It's entirely possible I didn't so as not to override any little changes I made (but too numerous to apply to a new patch version). However, since you are saying '07' should run without CTD's I'd be willing to give it a try. I'll check out the script fix first, as an unrelated issue (I believe) I get a background script error every time I quit the game normally with WWC. Didn't think there was a big deal and didn't know/see the fix. Thank you again for uploading! Is the fix supposed to be applied to 1.7/07 patch or I could try to use it with my 1.6? If it only makes changes to garrison script and later patch doesn't then I could probably use it safely.

Regarding map.rwm, I've always known that, but indeed I thought I needed to do that only at a start of a new campaign/mod/patch. If I am correct, not doing that properly makes the mod not run at all, so it can't be connected to battle CTDs (but I may be wrong of course).

You're aware this mod has been upgraded to WWC: Diadochi?
    What does it mean WWC: Diadochi? A brand new version or a merge of WWC and Diadochi mod? I honestly have no idea, is there a thread for that? Anyway, like I said, I was aiming for a fix/explanation that I could use but not spoil my edited '1.6' and especially my Roman save which I played a long time and have some nice characters going But it's all for nothing if game CTD every second battle. So what is the difference/connection between 'WWC Twilight..' (1.6,1.7,etc.) and 'WWC: Diadochi'?

Sorry I don't know what you mean, it just looks the same to me
    This is very strange and disheartening, take a look what they've done to my good old TWC: