Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 406580818283848586878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1833

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Default Re: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I have an average priced self built rig, AMD FX 6300 6x 3.5GHz, 8gb ram, Nvidia gtx 750(2gb) cpu, Asus M5A usb3 mobo, 650 watt 80+ bronze psu, my OS is Win7 pro 64bit
    Thank you and may I ask for the settings of your RS3 game.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_hoplite View Post
    Thank you and may I ask for the settings of your RS3 game.
    Settings & preferences; I also use these in the following links. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems and also https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/ .....there is also this on youtube which many people(with laptops especially) have found useful but I have not had the need for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dGlog9mvKs RTW only uses one core(so don't be impressed that I have 6 cores lol, I use my PC for many other things) it's max memory is 2gb the LAA gives up to 4gb...RTW runs on your mobo so it does not matter what "sooperdooper" graphics card you have they did not know anything about dedicated gpu's when it was made(or very little at least) a clock speed of 2.8-3.5GHz and at least 4 gig of ram is advisable to run this game. 1280x1024 resolution is the max RTW knows about too, anything higher will not make it look any better tbh. Windows can interfere with your download files and some can go missing that's why I took control of my UAC & Virtual store, ignore that the post say's M2TW it works the same for RTW. I would also advise that if you have your base game in your programs(x86) folder that you copy and paste it into a renamed "new folder" in your c:/drive then install RSIII on top, repeat this process for any other mods, this keeps your vanilla game clean & fresh. I have a total of 16 mods done this way, all in their own individual folders. I hope this information is of some help to you, good luck

Last edited by Saul Tyre; August 15, 2018 at 07:30 AM. Reason: correction
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Will be trying this out, just got everything functioning (I think, started a campaign, will poke around and pick a faction next).
    Last edited by Alavaria; August 16, 2018 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    Will be trying this out, just got everything functioning (I think, started a campaign, will poke around and pick a faction next).
    Don't forget the attached 7zip file at the bottom of the credit list and also to delete map.rwm once installed or you will have issues. The Attalids are a good 1st faction to start with imo.
    The mod starts in 58 Anno Graecorum which is I believe approx 254 BC and in the middle of the 1st Punic War (264bc-241bc), 8tpy, Hellenistic themed and somewhat historical with some fun elements added, enjoy
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; August 16, 2018 at 09:15 PM. Reason: added info

Ah, an extra "hotfix" past 1.7, good that you pointed that out. Yep, the map.wpm got me for a bit then I remembered it.

I'm a bit amused that the unit "Machairophoroi (Hellenistic Swordsmen)" ("machairaphoroi" in EDU) use their er javelins as melee weapon? Now I checked and it is treated as a sword, but the model and animation is spear use, which is very funny.

That reminds me of how much units with the ol' spear-sword combo annoy me though. And apparently the fun thureophoroi unit disappear from rosters if you upgrade your government, and get replaced by the thorakitai which are nice but...
    Last edited by Alavaria; August 17, 2018 at 12:46 PM.

When a settlement is under siege, the "selection area" for it is so large it becomes nearly impossible to move things right next to it in order to help in a sally battle... why does it have to occupy 9 tiles instead of just the one the settlement is on?

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    When a settlement is under siege, the "selection area" for it is so large it becomes nearly impossible to move things right next to it in order to help in a sally battle... why does it have to occupy 9 tiles instead of just the one the settlement is on?
    Squatters rights?

I need help guys. I've been at this for hours now and still cant get 2.5+2.6 patch to work on steam let alone try this awesome looking mod. I'd rather beg for help at this point than pass this by. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini DarkStar View Post
    I need help guys. I've been at this for hours now and still cant get 2.5+2.6 patch to work on steam let alone try this awesome looking mod. I'd rather beg for help at this point than pass this by. Please help.
    I've replied to your pm

If anybody sees this I've managed to get the files to work BUT when I go to load up a new campaign it crashes. Did I miss anything?

I have a steam version btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini DarkStar View Post
    If anybody sees this I've managed to get the files to work BUT when I go to load up a new campaign it crashes. Did I miss anything?
    I've already pm'd you but for the benefit of others who read this post I'll answer here too; before you launched the game did you remember to click on "delete map.rwm" on the launcher interface?

yes.

A couple of cities (Larissa, Herakleia) use the egyptian layout. They also have floating pyramids (3) and great sphinx on the map.

It's possible to build your "capital" barracks buildings elsewhere. For example, the "Ambrakia" building can also be built in Naupaktos.

While I can see why a settlement like Delphi cannot be upgraded, Elis apparently even has a hoplite unit named for it but it stuck as a large town. And Athenai cannot expand beyond city, as it is also unupgradeable? (You can't build land recruitment there, but the port does allow training everything.)
    -- Some upgradeable settlements have hilariously low growth rates, but obviously you can force them up. Not sure if these were intended to be non-upgradeable. Thermos is one I think I forced up each tier.
    --Some settlements also don't allow you to do things like build the Kleroi (colonization) recruitment line, but allow one of the others. Not sure why, since I think it is supposed to be doable everywhere

A unit of the (Indian) elephants is trained with 60 soldiers (on Huge) but in battle only has 35 soldiers. The excess just disappear forever.
    --Also, the missile attack has the soldiers holding and throwing(!) their sarissas like javelins. As in they flip it around so it's parallel to the ground and do throwing action, then a tiny javelin comes out.
    ==============

A note of amusement that the Thureophoroi (wearing a cloak) and Thorakitai (wearing linothorax) both have the same 12 armor rating.

A bunch of units have amusing sound lines because of what their EDU entry was repurposed from, like some of my hoplites talking like roman legionaries.

Machiraphoroi (the ones with javelin-sword) actually use the spear model when meleeing. The EDU entry though does have the attack as sword, so it functions properly but looks wierd.

The hemiothorax (wears front breastplate only) is one of the higher armor rating phalanx units, as well. Perhaps drop their armor and give extra shield so they match the heavier guys from the front, but not the back (though that might make them too good vs slingers).

Building tall in Greece, filled up with Large Cities where possible to upgrade.
    Last edited by Alavaria; September 20, 2018 at 12:33 PM.

Civis

Alavaria, I'd say that the campaign changes you noticed (save for the Egyptian cities thing) were probably intentional for a more historical representation.

That being said, I included a fix for the Elephant numbers and Machairaphoroi unit. I rebalanced the Thureophoroi, Thorakitai, and Machairaphoroi stats so that their representation is realistic (Thorakitai >/= Machai > Thureo) and Thorakitai have better armour. Also took the liberty to give shield_wall to Thureo, Thora, and 'Pontic Imitation Legion'--Machai has shield_wall so why not them? Finally I replaced testudo for shield_wall since there isn't much use for testudo.
    Mach1-fixes rebalance.rar
    Last edited by OJ33DA; November 08, 2018 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Adding files

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Does the mod incorporate the new city models?

I just installed the mod and the game opens fine. I selected One Turn Campaign from the launcher menu and am using the Barbarian Invasion exe. But when I click on One Turn Campaign in the game menu it brings me to a second screen with a one turn campaign option. But when I click that the game says 'please select an option from the list'. I can't even get to the faction selection screen.

I have installed WWC 1.0, Patch 07, and the Zip file at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

What can I do to solve this?

(Sorry for the double post, I can't edit yet.)

Update: I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but it still would not work. However, I noticed that an error message came up after I closed the game.
    It seems my descr_strat file might be the issue. (The message gave me the file location: Play_One_Turn/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat)
    Could someone, whose mod works, provide a copy of their descr_strat file? I would like to try replacing mine to see if that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorus Romulus Ericthonius View Post
    (Sorry for the double post, I can't edit yet.)

Update: I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but it still would not work. However, I noticed that an error message came up after I closed the game.
    It seems my descr_strat file might be the issue. (The message gave me the file location: Play_One_Turn/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat)
    Could someone, whose mod works, provide a copy of their descr_strat file? I would like to try replacing mine to see if that is the problem.

In the instructions you are asked to delete map.rwm have you done this? you will find the tab on the launcher interface, just left click on it, you must do this after install before game will play.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 17, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

Yes, I forgot to mention that. I made sure to delete map.rwm each time.