Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41668182838485868788899091
Results 1,801 to 1,809 of 1809

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

you are using RS 2.6 and renamed the Play_One_Turn folder before installing right? I assume you are using disks too?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 17, 2018 at 03:27 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are....don't confuse
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.RSII_WWC_beta tester.XC_5 Alpha tester
    My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

(Again, sorry for the double post: still can't edit)

I have solved the problem, I needed to patch BI to 1.6. After doing this the mod worked.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Artorus Romulus Ericthonius View Post
    (Again, sorry for the double post: still can't edit)

I have solved the problem, I needed to patch BI to 1.6. After doing this the mod worked.
    ok good to hear, enjoy
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are....don't confuse
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.RSII_WWC_beta tester.XC_5 Alpha tester
    My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Epirus is doing well. The map allows very efficient chokepointing, for example there's one Celtic settlement that blocks off all of Italy. Similarly now, one settlement (with the help of rebels) chokepoints the Ptolemies.

Currently the main thing preventing a full steamroller east is the whole "settlement public order" thing. I'm trying to move my capital to the far east to enable much easier take-and-hold.

It's nice to not need to rush though, after a couple bloody fights, the Seleucids seem stuck on masses of Ekdromoi Hoplites... probably due to recruitment times (that's a 1-turn units, while many better ones are 2-turn or 3-turn).

My cash is gonna go into the sky, as I've largely filled up all building queues.

Katakoi Thraikes (Thracian colonists) are an excellent general infantry (spear-sword, big shield).
    Gallo-Thraikes (swordsmen) are better at using swords, though in a lot of cases I rely on archers to actually kill people rather than meleeng it up.
    Thracian Chosen Hippes are the currently-in-training replacement for my cavalry units, as they use javelins + Armor piercing sword + large shield, which is great. Should've checked and switched to them earlier, but cavalry don't feature overly much in my tactics/strategy.

Super archers are amazing, using the Hellenic Marine Archers + 7-8 XP + Silver Upgrades. They rip through even the highest armored enemies (16-18 armor) with their rediculously scaled-up attack (21+)

The biggest fights tend to be in settlement, in which the AI as a defender is somewhat handicapped, ironically...

(When the invasion started, I was tiptoing around these elites. But then took them head on.

1700 losses for 5400 kills.)

400 losses for 4872 kills

260 losses for 6563 kills
    Last edited by Alavaria; December 19, 2018 at 06:32 AM.

Excellent submod, I love it.

When was the last update?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post

Epirus is doing well. The map allows very efficient chokepointing, for example there's one Celtic settlement that blocks off all of Italy. Similarly now, one settlement (with the help of rebels) chokepoints the Ptolemies.

Currently the main thing preventing a full steamroller east is the whole "settlement public order" thing. I'm trying to move my capital to the far east to enable much easier take-and-hold.

It's nice to not need to rush though, after a couple bloody fights, the Seleucids seem stuck on masses of Ekdromoi Hoplites... probably due to recruitment times (that's a 1-turn units, while many better ones are 2-turn or 3-turn).

My cash is gonna go into the sky, as I've largely filled up all building queues.

Katakoi Thraikes (Thracian colonists) are an excellent general infantry (spear-sword, big shield).
    Gallo-Thraikes (swordsmen) are better at using swords, though in a lot of cases I rely on archers to actually kill people rather than meleeng it up.
    Thracian Chosen Hippes are the currently-in-training replacement for my cavalry units, as they use javelins + Armor piercing sword + large shield, which is great. Should've checked and switched to them earlier, but cavalry don't feature overly much in my tactics/strategy.

Super archers are amazing, using the Hellenic Marine Archers + 7-8 XP + Silver Upgrades. They rip through even the highest armored enemies (16-18 armor) with their rediculously scaled-up attack (21+)

The biggest fights tend to be in settlement, in which the AI as a defender is somewhat handicapped, ironically...

(When the invasion started, I was tiptoing around these elites. But then took them head on.

1700 losses for 5400 kills.)

400 losses for 4872 kills

260 losses for 6563 kills
    Nice post, having a good campaign I see. Now, get out of Seleukid lands barbaroi

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

dear players, anyone else got the problem of persistent battle crashes, for now i can not support my work here, as i m deep in finishing the diadochi mod...

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

no,
    my battles only ctd after very long playing and a big battle with multiple armies - my computer can´t handle.
    BTW windows seems to have fix the unplayable rtw mods
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "But I don't know how to mod!!!!"
    Learn. I didn't know how to do anything when I got this game, and now I know how to do quite a bit. Volunteer. Struggle. Figure it out.
    There are lots of cool mods that never see the light of day because people don't realize that mods need workers, not watchers, or realize it but continue to watch anyway.

The Great Conflicts
    872-1071
    The Great Preview 01.12.2019 + Special 06.12.2019