Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Necrons v. Tyranids: Who is the Bigger Threat?

Default Re: Necrons v. Tyranids: Who is the Bigger Threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    I think I remeber reading somewhere about a hive fleet avoidng a necron planet or whatever the necrons on said planet werent even active yet and the nids completely avoided it, whats up with that?
    It was actually the Dyson Sphere that the Outsider is in that they were avoiding.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    It was actually the Dyson Sphere that the Outsider is in that they were avoiding.
    oh so thats what it was, I guess he's a pretty bad ass dude huh?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Some think that he my be the one drawing the Tyranids to the galaxy. But who knows for sure.
    Art //

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

who's this outsider? whats this about the dyson sphere?

Sir Pignans's Avatar The bringer of cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    who's this outsider? whats this about the dyson sphere?
    Going to bed, so just going to give you links, someone else can explain in dpeth.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Outsider

Not sure if your asking what a dyson sphere is, or whether this is even the right type of dyson shpere, but better be safe than sorry so here it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

My Political Profile.

Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

i was just confused because the conversation seemed to be completely different to that of the previous page. and i didnt know of the outsider.

the lexi doesnt mention anything about suspicion that he is the one that draws the tyranids to the galaxy :/

Well the Outsider is supposed to be at a self imposed exile (possible in another galaxy) and small background stories such as genestealers appearing to be native species in the galaxy seems to point towards influences which either created or draws the Tyranids towards the galaxy to be from the galaxy itself. C'tans are the primary candidates for this since they are seemingly behind everything nowadays, and the Outsider appears to be the most viable candidate. Tyranids no longer have shadow from the warp from psychic powers but from their own neural network which seems to nullify the warp, which relates towards pariahs.
    Smilies...the resort of those with a vacuous argument

so ur saying tyranids are the making of the c'tan?

Nobody can say for sure. This is mostly speculation.
    Art //

im unsure why the c'tan would make a super-adaptive predator race of animals that feed off what they want/need...when they could just produce a rubbishy race that can be culled with ease.

What use would creating a rubbish race be?
    Art //

well they could cull to their hearts content in their galaxy without any potential threat arising.

creating a super adaptive, all-consuming race of predators seems to just be.. unnecessary and potentially dangerous

Not if the Outsider was controlling them. It would explain why they don't attack Necron Tomb worlds. But i guess it doesn't expain why the Necrons attack them.
    Art //

Not if the Outsider was controlling them. It would explain why they don't attack Necron Tomb worlds. But i guess it doesn't expain why the Necrons attack them.
    I was under the impression that not all necrons worked together,the ones being controlled by different C'tan.
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

My Political Profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pignans View Post
    I was under the impression that not all necrons worked together,the ones being controlled by different C'tan.
    That was true before they tried to complete the Great Work. After that they unified so they can reclaim the galaxy. And it hasn't changed yet.
    Art //

That was true before they tried to complete the Great Work. After that they unified so they can reclaim the galaxy. And it hasn't changed yet.
    Well, I was ALSO under the impression that the C'tan fed off souls, or something or other, if the Tyrannids are a creation of the outsider and are killing everything alive, thus depriving other C'tan of souls, the necrons may consider the Tyrannids 'fair game'.

My Political Profile.

Some think that he my be the one drawing the Tyranids to the galaxy. But who knows for sure.
    Aren't you the one with all the control?

So the C'Tan and Necrons are united now?

Someone always controls those who hold less influence.

Well, I was ALSO under the impression that the C'tan fed off souls, or something or other, if the Tyrannids are a creation of the outsider and are killing everything alive, thus depriving other C'tan of souls, the necrons may consider the Tyrannids 'fair game'.
    C'tan feed of life essence not souls. Basically they feed off the life force of someone when they die. Its hard to explain, but they don't consume souls in the same way the Chaos Gods do.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    so ur saying tyranids are the making of the c'tan?
    If they are it would make sense since the C'Tan would need someway to counter the Ork and Eldar races both were created by the Old Ones and both were successful against the Necrons... But if we find out the C'Tan did create the Tyranids that would mean the C'Tan themselves had come from another galaxy that this galaxy isn't the first they laid eyes on.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast