Thread: Cant play it with steam

Default Cant play it with steam

Yo I installed and everything when fine till I hit Lands to conquer on the launcher options.

Says error and wont run

really like this mod from what ive heard, I heard some other people had problems with it too but havent heard a solution.

Thanks

Default Re: Cant play it with steam

Installation Instructions:

You must have Medieval II: Kingdoms installed for Lands to Conquer Gold to work.

The installer will automatically find your Medieval II: Kingdoms folder, but if you want to you can change the directory for the mod to be installed into.

You can then run the mod from the desktop shortcut, Medieval II Lauincher, or from the start menu.

If you have Steam you will need to use the Medieval II Launcher to run the mod.

EDIT this may or may not help

nop alredy tried wont work

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

You also need to edit the registry...
    Ask in the technical part of the M2TW forum, about steam.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

i used to have this problem trying to launch the game with the launcher will not work.

what u need to do is install the mod to a folder on your desktop.

then put the folder in the mod folder inside steam kingdoms that contains the "americas" folders and such.

then what u need to do is rename one of the folders to something else example change "americas" to "americass". (dont overwrite anything just change the name)

then u change the folder with the mod u are trying to play to "americas".

then u should be able to play the mod by launching the launcher and selecting "americas"; then the mod should load instead of americas.

basically you are tricking it into thinking the mod is "americas" its easier than doing whatever alhoon suggested and i have done it a few times.

it works too i just played it with this method

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKD_y71WMU0

video tut
    Last edited by Renrul; August 01, 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Just make sure to launch kingdoms from steam instead of vanilla, then select Lands to Conquer from the launcher.