Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RS2 Environments for EB

Default Re: RS2 Environments for EB

Hello people ... the download link seems to be broken to me
    Is there a download link for this submod wich is still alive?
    Last edited by Rora Lion; May 24, 2011 at 06:44 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Ive just checked and its still active...

Hannibal Smith could you upload it to filefront or rapid or somewhere else please? In greece I cant reach to megaupload and I am dying to play this mod.Thanks....

I have installed this mod in my EB1.2 on alex exe and i loaded older savegame without problems.
    I can confirm that installation is good because campaign map looks more vivid, also no pink threes or something. By the way battlefields look amazing, i have played 11 battles so far without CTD.
    Anyway it seems that the mod is savegame compatible. Can anyone else confirm this?

Samariten's Avatar Senator

I can confirm that this mod works with city mod if anyone like to use them both. I have not tried with older save games though.

Will this work with jirsey's mod pack?Like it would not cause any Ctd's?

Thanks a lot Hannibal Smith and RSII team! These environments really look great and are stunningly gorgeous, plus the snowbound areas on the strat map during the winter season are much better than the standard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius.Dejan View Post
    I have installed this mod in my EB1.2 on alex exe and i loaded older savegame without problems.
    I can confirm that installation is good because campaign map looks more vivid, also no pink threes or something. By the way battlefields look amazing, i have played 11 battles so far without CTD.
    Anyway it seems that the mod is savegame compatible. Can anyone else confirm this?
    Yes it seems to work as it should. Should I encounter any problems I will post them here. Looks really, really good.

Hi, could somebody please please upload this to FileFront or something, as MegaUpload is banned in my country as well for some reason?

Thanks in advance guys! BTW great, great environments.

P.S. This is also a bump to aek41's post up there.
    Last edited by Jormungand; September 03, 2011 at 09:22 PM.

Last edited by Medieval PossuM; September 04, 2011 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks a lot dude! You're a freakin' lifesaver.

Decanus

Do we know for sure if this works with jirysis's megamod for Alex?

Also, IS this saved-game compatible?
    Last edited by Nerouin; October 26, 2011 at 11:29 PM.

Decanus

The answers to my questions appear to be 'no' and 'yes,' respectively.

@ Hannibal:

First and foremost, I want to say thanks (also to the RS2 team) for making it possible to use the RS2 envs with EB. I really enjoy using them, as they make the battles come even more alive, and the campaign map snow textures look much better and make it more pleasant to view the map during winter turns (as less contrast I guess).

Using the RS2 envs I've noticed one or two issues while playing EB1.2 though. All in all nothing dramatic, but perhaps these could be fixed in a later version?

a) The campaing map in the desert areas of Apameia look somewhat different. I don't mean the different desert/sand textures, but with the RS environments the green patches are missing, which makes that area look more hostile/arid:
    with standard EB1.2 environments:

with 'RS2 Environments for EB':

b) What is missing with RS environments are the palm tree covered areas in Mesopotamia (forgot to take a pic, but there are non palm trees at all anymore) and along the Nile, which now partly also hosts other kinds of trees:
    with standard EB1.2 environments:

with 'RS2 Environments for EB':

c) With the RS envs it seems to have got a little colder round about Hibis (Osais Megale province):
    with standard EB1.2 environments (during summer season, but I'm sure there's also no snow in winter):

with 'RS2 Environments for EB' (during winter season):

d) Also the palm trees seem to have disappeared from the battle map in Hiblis and other places in Egypt. At least I didn't stumble over any during a recent PTO campaign. Here's a pic of the palm trees in Hiblis wich are missing with RS envs:
    standard EB1.2 environments:

Regards!

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

oops, never play Ptolemaioi after I install RSII env on EB, seems you're right about Winter in egypt IT'S CHRISTMASTIME!!! CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

*don't worry about it yet because Getai, Romans, and Arvernii not yet descend to Kart-Hadast

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    IT'S CHRISTMASTIME!!! CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

@Casual Tactician

I'm pretty sure that you've not installed it correctly.

Make sure that you map_climates looks like this

If it does (exactly) then make sure you delete map.rwm this should sort out the winter in Egypt.

As for the trees around Hibis changing the map climates to the one attached should sort it. Remember to delete map.rwm

I checked my MAP_CLIMATES.tga I've been using with the RS2 envs and it looks like this (seems to be the right one):

Then I deleted the map.rwm in the same folder (...\base), restarted my RS2-envs-EB, started a new PTO campaign and progressed to the winter season and checked Hiblis again via 'view settlement on battle map' a few times in the settlement's detail scroll... and got this:
    (on this one you can see patches of frost or light snow as it seems)

and after a few further tries eventually this - still a lovely christmas miracle in the desert oasis:

So I checked the summer and winter seasons on the campaign map of Egypt. If you compare both pics (best to save/download the pics and jump back and forth quickly) and you can spot quite a few differenes as white frost/snow(?)-patches and some green textures are darker:
    (summer, and below winter)

Is it possible to get the palm trees back on the campaign map for the entire Nile area, the desert oases and Mesopatamia and replace the 'standard' trees which came with the RS2 envs? The palm trees simply look better and give those areas a special flair. The standard trees (seen in the pics in spoiler) just look out of place, if your used to the nice palm trees of the original EB campaign map envs. Has RS2 actually got any palm trees for the campaign map?:
    The Nile area has partly still got palm trees, but Mesopotamia (which is true a palm tree wonderland in default EB) hasn't got any palm trees at all with RS2 envs.

I also installed the new MAP_CLIMATES.tga attached to your post, deleted the map.rwm and had a look at the Hiblis battle map, but there's still no palm trees there. Also the campaign map around Hiblis and the whole of Libya and Egypt hasn't changed at all afaics. Has RS2 actually got any palm trees for the battle map?:

Have you or has anyone else expect for Strategos Lykos also got the winter issuse in Hiblis/Egypt? I'm quite sure my installation of the RS2 envs (on a clean EB1.2 + fixes) is ok. Everything else works pretty fine.

Regards!

Not sure why, but I suspect that your still running on the original map_climates.tga

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901
    The notable changes in the use of climates in RS2 are that the 'swamp' climate has a winter, and so cannot be used in southern areas like the Nile...otherwise, you'll have snow in Egypt.
    The 'sub_arctic' climate is now a coastal Mediterranean climate along the northern coast of Africa and the mideast, as well as southern Anatolia. It will appear in Scandinavia if the climate file changes aren't made.
    The 'semi_arid' climate has been used for elevated areas of the mideast, and in the area of Parthia because it has a winter, and some moderate snow or 'frostiness' will appear in winter. So if the color for that climate isn't moved to those areas where it would make sense to use it, you'll get a bit of snow in places that would look weird.
    Ive changed the nile area so that this should not happen. Unsure as to why yours is different.

Pics from mine - using the map climates I attached in above post

Pic from Hibis in winter

Your pics got me thinking. And now I've found and solved my problem, EUREKA!

I was using the trivial script (EB launcher) to starte my 'RS2-environments-EB' and the script copied the backup of the original EB map.rwm from EB\sp game edu backup or EB\mp game edu backup into the EB\Data\world\maps\base folder. So no matter how often I deleted the map.rwm there, the trivial script put the original file back in again before launching EB.
    Either removing the map.rwm from both edu backup folders (shows a negligible error message though) or by using a self-made shortcut that problerm is a matter of the past for good.

Now my campaign map Egypt and the Hibis battle map look just as fantastic as in your post (and no snowy chirstmas mircale anymore), and also Mesopotamia has it's palm trees again! I guess I'll start a AS campaign next and invade the Ptolies in Egypt, just to see more of these beautiful palm tree / desert battle maps. Thanks for this beauty Hannibal, EB looks better than ever now!

Regards!

EDIT: I had a look at the OP and it doesn't say anything about not using the trivial script. Perhaps you could add a short notice on the matter.
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; December 27, 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Glad you got it sorted I like your unit info mod by the way, I my try to implement something similar in my mod

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast