Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RS2 Environments for EB

Default Re: RS2 Environments for EB

Those look very nice.

This is a great mod, it really makes battle so much more interesting. I have a question though, will this work with the EB for BI mod?
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

I dont see why not. I run it on the alex version. All I can suggest is try it, as long as you backup your EB folder then you cant lose anything anyway.

Is there vegetation from RS2 for vanilla?

wiande's Avatar Miles

why using 7zip XD

wiande's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Smith View Post
    If you've put the files into your RTW folder I would recomend that you re-install. Either way I'm happy the problem seems to be solved
    Argg, did the same

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Hmm, it didn't work. I'm not sure what went wrong. Getting the "Please select an item from the list" error. Perhaps its not compatible with another sub mod? Maybe I'm an idiot?
    Last edited by ROFL Copter; March 24, 2011 at 12:37 AM.

I have a question - is it possible to have just the files that add battlefield vegetation and don't alter strategic map. I'm asking because I have a campaign that is nearing the end, but still has some 400 turns left, so I would like to have RS2 in it. I hoped it is possible to get RS2 in battles and still get savegame compatibility.
    p.s. in that case what files should I avoid copying into EB folder?

Off the top of my head I think is the changes to map_climates.tga which makes it not save game compatible. However if you dont change this your going to see some very strange things on the campaign map like snow on the nile for example. If I where you I'd wait until your current campaign has finished.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Hey, I got some trouble. I copy-paste your data file on EB data like you say, but when I run the game I get a message that says "failed to load sound database". Any thoughts?

Oh, Thou, that has made this wonderful RS2 environment available for EB may Thy name be praised forever, may Thy glory never die, may Thy prodigy be numerous and worthy of their source, may Thou get best tables in all the fancy restaurants, may Thou receive all the possible blessings in form of free-of-charge new TW games, collectors editions and the like. This I pray for Thee for Thou have brought my life to ultimate fruition!!!!!!
    Last edited by Giurza; April 07, 2011 at 10:53 AM.

Good afternoon, could you help councils to replace nature in vanilla Rome Total War 1.5 on a beautiful and unique nature of the mod Roma Surrectum II
    transfer nature of the instructions that there is not I
    I do everything exactly as written
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by oleg centurio; April 14, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

Would this work with the Mega Mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

gamegeek2's Avatar Centenarius

It will be working with a certain mega mod.....

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    Would this work with the Mega Mod?
    My megamod?

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    It will be working with a certain mega mod.....
    NOM?

~Jirisys ()
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    My megamod?

Yes.
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,

Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,

When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,

I've been getting sporadic CTDs after winning sieges in real-time, something I never had before. I think it may be related to some problem with this mod.

Zoals oude bomen zingen,

Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,

Then I'm God.

Ive tested this out quite a bit, but only with an otherwise unmodified version of eb. As such I cant say what happens when used in conjuction with other sub mods (I assume that you are using other sub mods because of your previous post). In my tests Ive had not had anymore ctd's than I did with regular eb. Essentially this mod just replaces environment textures and tree models, in fairness it is more resource heavy, but in itself I cant see why it would cause too many problems. If your system can run RS2 then this shouldnt cause any problems.

Campidoctor

If it increases the resources the mod uses then the memory leak problem that is inherent in RTW will probably happen more often, ie crashes after battles.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Smith View Post
    Ive tested this out quite a bit, but only with an otherwise unmodified version of eb. As such I cant say what happens when used in conjuction with other sub mods (I assume that you are using other sub mods because of your previous post). In my tests Ive had not had anymore ctd's than I did with regular eb. Essentially this mod just replaces environment textures and tree models, in fairness it is more resource heavy, but in itself I cant see why it would cause too many problems. If your system can run RS2 then this shouldnt cause any problems.
    For some reason the water texture and the battlemap textures in my mod pack are the main CTD conflicts.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast