Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RS2 Environments for EB

Default Re: RS2 Environments for EB

where is this? Ive re-checked mine and there is no problem. Did you delete the map.rwm file?

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager123 View Post
    why not bobbin?
    The filetype that the game uses for trees and rocks (.vege_model) has never been cracked so we cannot edit or create new ones.
    In RTW, if I remember correctly, the game could automatically generate these .vege_model files from .cas files, which you could create easily, but M2TW doesn't do this so we are stuck.
    It's not too bad though as M2TW trees are pretty nice anyway but still they aren't a nice as what the RSII team produced.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    The filetype that the game uses for trees and rocks (.vege_model) has never been cracked so we cannot edit or create new ones.
    In RTW, if I remember correctly, the game could automatically generate these .vege_model files from .cas files, which you could create easily, but M2TW doesn't do this so we are stuck.
    It's not too bad though as M2TW trees are pretty nice anyway but still they aren't a nice as what the RSII team produced.
    Ah well there is only so much that can be done i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Samariten View Post
    I wonder why i got some pink/purple trees on my campign map when i started a new campign? Anyone else that got the same problem?

A wild guess... did you delete map.rwm?

Edit: but then I saw that this was not the last post before mine and that it was alreasy suggested...

Samariten's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Smith View Post
    where is this? Ive re-checked mine and there is no problem. Did you delete the map.rwm file?
    No i forgot to do that the first time. So i exited EB and removed the map.rwm file, run EB and new campign though the problem still exist? Is my only option now to reinstall EB and RTW? I kind of like the trees, but not that much.

What that means is that either the map climates or the map ground types files have some pixels that aren't one of the recognised ones or possibly that you'ved defined some trees in the descr_climates file that aren't there......Hannibal Smith you'll need to check that nothing is the wrong colour in those files....can be quite hard to spot.
    Last edited by tone; January 10, 2011 at 07:03 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Where is this on the map?

Ground types havent changed so there is no problem there. As Ive said before I dont have this problem on mine, so I think that the map climates is ok.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit

Ive rechecked at my end and I'm confident that the files are sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Samariten View Post
    Is my only option now to reinstall EB and RTW? I kind of like the trees, but not that much.
    EB is mod foldered so your RTW folder should be untouched. As for reinstalling EB, you shouldnt need to if you made that backup of the EB folder. Before you do that though lets try to fix it. I suspect that your descr_climates file is the original one from EB as the trees dont look like the ones from RS2. So copy the data folder from my download and copy it into your EB folder, make sure that you overwrite all the files, delete the map.rwm and start a new campaign.
    Last edited by Hannibal Smith; January 10, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Where is this on the map?
    It looks to me like it's in Illyria.

Samariten's Avatar Senator

I did unpack the file ones more in the EB folder and now the pink trees are gone. I suspect that i did not pay enough attention and perhaps i have unpacked the files in the RTW folder instead of the EB? Thanks for the help everyone. IIlyria, Gaul, Iberia and bits of Britain were effected by pink trees

If you've put the files into your RTW folder I would recomend that you re-install. Either way I'm happy the problem seems to be solved

Hi

I have a question.

I'm using "EB 1.2 Mini mod pack" and the "RS textures" for the campaign map from the mini mod together with this mod.

If I install the "RS2 environments for EB" after the "RS textures" for the campaign map, the campaign map don't look good. The green color simulating grass look very bad. This also happen if I install only the "RS2 environments for EB" after the min mod pack.

If I install the "RS textures" for the campaign map after "RS2 environments for EB" the campaign map look as it should with RS textures. But I'm afraid that I will destroy/loose something from the "RS2 environments for EB" when I install the "RS textures" for the campaign map over it.

I know that this mods have some similar files that overwrite each other. Here is the list:

descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\desert_mountains.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\rsdesert1.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\rsdesert3.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\rsdesert5.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\rsdesert_hills1.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\rsdesert_hills3.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\rsmountains5.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\rsmountains7.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\rssnow4.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\scorched.tga
    terrain\aerial_map\ground_types\swamp.tga

So what should I do to get both the RS campaign and battle textures? Can I just install the "RS textures" for the campaign map after "RS2 environments for EB"?
    Last edited by Tar; January 11, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

That wouldnt work.

RS2 has changed some of the climates like the semi arid climate and swamp. If you install the RS textures over the RS2 textures then your going to get some funny effects on the campaign map. The only way to do it would be going through DESCR_AERIAL_MAP_GROUND_TYPES.txt and alter some of the textures and not others (mix and match from RS and RS2). Personally I quite like the new textures

So what you mean is that this "RS2 Environment for EB" mod also change the campaign map? I thought that this mod only was for battle graphic . So I can just forget the "RS textures" from the mini mod pack and just use this mod?

It installs the new campaign and battlemap RS2 textures, and you can install over the old RS campaign textures from the minimod.

It installs the new campaign and battlemap RS2 textures, and you can install over the old RS campaign textures from the minimod.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Hannibal

I really love the battle environment from RS2, but I like the campaign map from RS better
    hmmm...too bad I can't have both

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Oh my. This is beautiful!
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

thnak you hannibal for your efforts and is good see you another time
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Hello and thank you for all your hard work on both mods RS and EB. I love them!
    What I am wanting to know like the poster above is there any way that I can get the RS2 battle map textures AND the RS2 campaign map textures in EB?

I know the RS2 texture pack for EB does include some campaign map textures but the map doesnt look just like the campaign map in just plain RS2. That is what I would love. The campaign map in just plain RS2 is so clean and easy to look.

Is this possible?

Thank you again for all of your hard work!

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Sorry, where do I paste it? Data folder or data/world/maps/base?

Thanks, regards
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Paste it into the data folder.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast