Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: English Translation 1.5.1 RELEASED!!!

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: English Translation 1.4

There is a savegame-compatibility fix around here, IIRC. Thrawn posted it, or Holy Pilgrim, don't know.
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Hey guys i have a problem with the english translation....
    I have followed the 4 step but my game present several words in russian and i don't know why... the game is quite unplayable cause i don't know russian XD
    Tanks in advance for any answer and sorry for my bad english

Hello, I have been following this mod the last 6 month and played the 1.3 version for some time. First of all: thanks for great mod and ofc the translation! I'm having problem installing 1.04 I have been installing/reinstalling 5-6 times with different results. The most common is ctd on loading the game. I somehow maneged to install the game, so I actually could play it, with crash at scripted battles (played as dwarfs and Nordland). The scripted event 'news' was in russian. The current installment crashes after choosing faction and the loading is almost done.

I'm a nab when it comes to installing these mods and I loved the 1-in-all-package download THP posted for 1.3 version. I would luuuuv if someone would/could do the same for this version!

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    @kauczuk
    it could be related to wrong installation, or to problems with scripted battles. for us to get more info post you log here, please, and mention which faction you're playing
    dwarf
    my game is ending in 7 turn when night goblins from suprise attacked my siege. when the battle loading the game have ctd. ever

i want to normal stability version of this mod.... please.....

Icon11 Re: English Translation 1.4

Alright guys?

Seem to be experiencing similar problems concerning siege battles (not in custom but on the campaign). I've tried a siege as middenheim and talabecland and both times i've had a CTD but a field battle seems to work fine.

I doubt it's anything to do with the translation but it's my most recent change to the mod files other than the "save game fix".

Here's my log:
    http://www.2shared.com/document/yl88...systemlog.html

If you would like me to upload my savegame aswell i'd be more than happy to.

Howdy fellas,

Ok so I managed to get the translation download to work. I ended up removing the original Warhammer download files entirely (Text, World and 2 other files) and then adding the translation files in their place. No probs, except now I get a CTD whenever I try a Custom battle or Campaign with an error box saying 'Program had to exit due to unspecified error' or something similar....

Any ideas, I didn't run the original Russian language version so don't know if it's a problem with the original instal!!!!

Any suggestions appreciated....

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

@TheLastHeretic
    what I can yell from your log is that you're missing almost all text-folder files, if I'm correct the log says so

@kauczuk
    it looks like old scripted battle crash, I've checked the historic_events file, but it looks allright and no differences with the russian version

@Beregond

Well if that's it i think i can easily sort that as i've still got all the patches/sub-mods saved elsewhere so i should be able to just chuck the full translated text file back in.

Ah i see what's happened i think that the "Savegame fix" is in russian and the rest of my text files are in english from the translation.
    I'll try it without the savegame fix. Though i'm quite sure i still got a ctd before i added the fix (with middenheim).

Thanks for your help Beregond.

Update:
    No love so far, it's changed to CTD just after the loading screen of the battle. Looking at the log i'm missing a lot of winter texture data, which is something i think THP said he thought could be a regular problem.
    Last edited by TheLastHeretic; January 05, 2011 at 11:30 AM.

I have only music and no battle sounds in game . Could it be a translation effect?
    (gratz for the work, I know how hard is translation work with files. I worked in past for translation from english to italian in a mod)
    Last edited by Ettore53; January 05, 2011 at 02:38 PM.

no, Ettore, no way translation can affect it

@Beregond and TGA: in Seige Battle, when i try using the Siege Equipment, the line after the name of the equipment when i move my mouse cursor to the it is still in Russian. I remember i took a picture but cannot find it =.=

Try posting a screenshot.
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly

I know this is probably my fault as my game's CTD every now and again, but should the Dark Elves have "The Boyz Hut" or the "Big Boyz Hut"?

Oh and i spotted Blackomur in game!

RedDwarf's Avatar Ordinarius

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416008 here is link to 2 known bugs and possible bug fix patch to be released the 7th.
    "When In doubt? Belive the person with the bloodier weapon!"
    "When you need to shoot. Shoot, don't talk!" Tuco

do you know where the screenshot save to TGA?

RedDwarf's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by holynevil View Post
    do you know where the screenshot save to TGA?
    In the main M2 folder. Find the tga folder, & there you go.
    "When In doubt? Belive the person with the bloodier weapon!"
    "When you need to shoot. Shoot, don't talk!" Tuco

@ LastHeretic
    I'll check it, haven't tried Dark Elves yet

it's called Da big boyz 'ut?
    according to export_buildings {chaos_barracks_2_middle_eastern} should be Orc barracks, and {chaos_barracks_2_mongols} Dark Elf Barracks
    it could be the same mistake in Russian version

here you go GAT, and thank RedDwaft

holynevil, it's strange, but this is the single line in battle.txt left in Russian
    thx, will correct in next update

apparently it appear for other siege equipments as well