Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Default Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

PS: @ MartinVon Carstein: sorry, I totally forgot about multi this sunday. My bad...
    Die Die Die!

Do not worry - we have time ...
    Krell ... Interestingly whom he serves in this mod.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    The problem with making all Sylvania generals vampire is that vampirism is a personality trait in the game but the way traits work there is no way to make a trait with a 100% chance of being inheirited within the nuclear part of your family (the ones related by blood) and of course theres no way to guarantee the trait is transferred to adopted members (sorry no neck bite for you). You could do it by script but I don't think you can write a script in such a way that all new family members get the trait. Hence the problem. The devs could lengthen the family but you still need to wait for the buggers to mature and get old enough to take command.
    In Deus Lo Vult (& also SS I think), there are permanent traits about the character's origin/faction.

"of X blood", X being your faction.

Something to get there

Maybe the main problem(s) for Sylvania script is that this faction is in fact an Imperial one, with an "undead flavor", and not a separate race/culture. Therefore, Sylvania has these sorts of limitations that don't fit their lore & cause bugs. I'm pretty sure that VC "religious buildings" spread Sigmar cult instead of VCult, as an example.

I hope that in CoW 1.5 Sylvania & Undeads will have their own "culture".

so i must have Krell, then i will have chaos skeletons.right?
    it was weird. in a story, it was great. but in a strategy games, i dont like it. will Sandbox Campaign fix that?

Sorry for being impatient but I really wanna know how to get the Black Grail Knights, is it some random spawn chance or something? Do I have to capture a certain province to obtain them? Or. . . . . .?

Black Grail: mission or random change

Yes, I checked the data in the game directory, the Chaos undead become all available as soon as you get Krell. However, if you want I can modify the file so that you can build the Chaos Skeletons from the start, do you want that?

About the Grail Knights, I remember that once I was suddenly able to build them, but there had never been any message like "Black Grail Knights have arrived" or something.

Has anyone else noticed how incredibly frequently Sylvanian Liches (Priests, however they're named) are turned into heretics? Literally you can build 2 Priests per starting city and a few turns later you'll notice a heretic wandering around your territory with the same name, coincidentally he came from one of your priests.

Is this a script to simulate Sylvania being popular for those attempting to avoid the religious authorities of the Cult of Sigmar? If so, it's terribly unhelpful in attempting to spread Vampire Cult religion, due to the fact the priests drop off so often.

what you talking about?? I have not see any heretic priests at all for 60 turns as Sylvanian, consider the fact I have 3~5 Priests (variety from 3 to 6 piety)

Are you on 1.4.1? Perhaps it was fixed in that. But at the moment I am playing 1.4 which is where this is occurring.

And yes, i'm very sure of this. I had a favored priest of about 5-6 piety who I kept to ward off all the heretics spawning in my territory. Unfortunately, he too succumbed and was turned. I had to wait for him to wander off, because none of my priests could contend with him. For some reason, Sylvania trains the worst agents.

I swear 95% of the agents I spawn start with no skill level. This is especially annoying for assassins, who are virtually useless to me because of this.

I'm on 1.4 and I don't have problems with heretics as Sylvania.

@TotalWarlod: both 1.4 and 1.4.1
    and a tip for your assassin: send them to kill Rebel Army with no REAL General. It speed up their training =))

Yes, I checked the data in the game directory, the Chaos undead become all available as soon as you get Krell. However, if you want I can modify the file so that you can build the Chaos Skeletons from the start, do you want that?
    please. let me know when you complete. thank

im having a problem, whenever im trying the sylvanians in campaign, im attacked by 3-4 whole huge armies from different nations, and they keep coming all the time and calling a crusade etc, its not possible to play and reach turn 10..... anyone who knows how i can fix this?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Regarding Sylvania, check this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ania-Empire%29

It is a hard campaign at start.

It is hard at the start, a couple of points.

1. If you get a crusade against you (rather then that rebel city above you) early, it can get very hard.

2. In my humble opinion the VC, or more specifically the vampire units of the VC are very underpowered compared with what I expect from Vampires, so a bit of tweaking (Oh, OK, a lot of tweaking) redresses this a bit.

3. Get cash rolling ASAP, don't take too many new cities early (1-2) and use as many of the cheap units, with free garrison as possible. If you can hold on, once the chaos and orc's go on the charge, you will find that the human factions are much easier to pick off as they now have their hands full.

Cenk's Avatar Libertus

Yea, i think the same. Vampires should be stronger. They are vampires god damn it! Anyway, Sylvania is still capable of dealing with all those problems at vh/vh. But that doesn't change the fact that Sylvania campaign is a pain in the (pervert word). Until you get enough experiance, i advise you to play with easy campaigns, like Reikland or Border Princes.
    In my own game, i'm increased power of demons and vampires. Because when i see them, they supposed to make me **** in my pants! Basically, demons and vampires have no rivals on the battlefield in my game (don't take trolls, ogres into account).

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678