Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon10 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by holynevil View Post
    AGAIN, can anyone tell me how to make spoiler tag?
    I will, because It's getting "large".

[SPOILER] tags = use this button:

Advanced settings.

@Martin :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Hey necro fans are skeleton horses normal moving(bones don't separete of eachother??)???
    never saw that... maybe a GC issue? Even if they do that, atleast it's relevant for the undeads. Necromancy can be messy

EDIT: I've edited my OP (post 1 here) to include some fixes. Check

For now the OP will serve as a resource compilation for Sylvania.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 07, 2011 at 12:02 PM.

Default Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

HEROIC VICTORY again the orc, too sad my fav general died though T_T. RIP YOU WILL RESURRECT AND SERVE ME AGAIN

Hihihihihhihihi

Mona Lisa Vampire

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    I will, because It's getting "large".

[SPOILER] tags = use this button:

Advanced settings.

@Martin :

never saw that... maybe a GC issue? Even if they do that, atleast it's relevant for the undeads. Necromancy can be messy

EDIT: I've edited my OP (post 1 here) to include some fixes. Check

For now the OP will serve as a resource compilation for Sylvania.
    About horses it's not bug in my cow version but i want add dead horse to chariots and occured that some bones of legs are separete...But it's not a big problem i think...

Icon10 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    About horses it's not bug in my cow version but i want add dead horse to chariots and occured that some bones of legs are separete...But it's not a big problem i think...
    This is a clearly a modelling issue. Sorry man... ask the Team...

@ holynevil: Orcs are the easiest faction to defeat w/ Undeads. Their morale can break easily. Kill the boss, scare the big ones, the rest will flee... you proved it.
    Also, their lack of armor = immense casualties = more deads = replenish your own ranks!

Necromancy FTW!

@ Borbonic South: SCARY! Monalisa is insane.

Hel Fenn 2145

Sylvanian Peasants Levies

What do you guys think of the new addition of the ghost, as well as the new zombies? I havent gotten around to play it yet

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

The new zombies are amazing and much better than the originals.

I haven't been able to really test the ghosts out, but they seem like pretty hardy units. They're like weaker (and cheaper) versions of the Wraiths that you get.

Another postulate of mine fulfilled.

I just downloading this version. I hope that the ethereal spirits are immune to bullets.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    Another postulate of mine fulfilled.

I just downloading this version. I hope that the ethereal spirits are immune to bullets.
    Unfortunately, the medieval 2 engine doesn't support that feature very well. I am trying to find out how to make a unit immune to missiles (ghosts and spirits and whatnot), but I've been having no luck.

can you make they take 0 dam from missiles???

RedDwarf's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Unfortunately, the medieval 2 engine doesn't support that feature very well. I am trying to find out how to make a unit immune to missiles (ghosts and spirits and whatnot), but I've been having no luck.
    Im not sure if anyone has tried but why not increase shield stat? Perhaps tweak other defenses down and double shield stat.
    "When In doubt? Belive the person with the bloodier weapon!"
    "When you need to shoot. Shoot, don't talk!" Tuco

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by holynevil View Post
    can you make they take 0 dam from missiles???
    That's what I am trying to figure out, but I haven't seen any progress on it.

Medieval 2 had an extra line called "stat_armour_ex" and here's how it looks:

Code:
    stat_armour_ex     armour value of first upgrade, armour value of second upgrade, armour value of third upgrade, armour value of fourth upgrade, defensive skill, melee shield value, ranged shield value (this would allow them to be invulnerable to missiles while weak in melee), sound type when hit
    Unfortunately, everytime this code is added, the game CTD's upon startup. I've also tried implementing this line into the "stat_pri_armour" line, and while the game doesn't crash, the game only reads the first three values and then the sound. It ignores the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDwarf View Post
    Im not sure if anyone has tried but why not increase shield stat? Perhaps tweak other defenses down and double shield stat.
    I've tried this, but that only makes them tougher to kill in melee as well. The shield factor adds to armour only when the unit is attacked from the front or from the left. Seeing how the unit is being attacked from the front in melee, the shield value will be contributed, thus making the unit a lot harder to kill.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; January 08, 2011 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    That's what I am trying to figure out, but I haven't seen any progress on it.

Medieval 2 had an extra line called "stat_armour_ex" and here's how it looks:

Code:
    stat_armour_ex     armour value of first upgrade, armour value of second upgrade, armour value of third upgrade, armour value of fourth upgrade, defensive skill, melee shield value, ranged shield value (this would allow them to be invulnerable to missiles while weak in melee), sound type when hit
    Unfortunately, everytime this code is added, the game CTD's upon startup. I've also tried implementing this line into the "stat_pri_armour" line, and while the game doesn't crash, the game only reads the first three values and then the sound. It ignores the rest.

I've tried this, but that only makes them tougher to kill in melee as well. The shield factor adds to armour only when the unit is attacked from the front or from the left. Seeing how the unit is being attacked from the front in melee, the shield value will be contributed, thus making the unit a lot harder to kill.
    Yea I was just running a test of that of just the shield.
    Last edited by RedDwarf; January 08, 2011 at 03:26 AM.

I'm DL the 1.41 patch now. I hope that the ghosts don't fall like material beings when they're down = a "dispersion" animation would be fine

Do I have to update my Vampire Music Mod and my Carstein Bodyguards minifix for 1.41?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    I'm DL the 1.41 patch now. I hope that the ghosts don't fall like material beings when they're down = a "dispersion" animation would be fine

Do I have to update my Vampire Music Mod and my Carstein Bodyguards minifix for 1.41?
    No for Music tho you will probly have to reinstall, probly yes for minifix. Not sure what you did there

Icon3 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by RedDwarf View Post
    No for Music tho you will probly have to reinstall, probly yes for minifix. Not sure what you did there
    That's what I thought too... I'm backing up the music.dat - I planned to change some more so It doesn't matter - & I'll check the export_descr_units.txt
    PS: I just fixed the defense value for Kashtrain_foot_bodygards to 10. Previous value = ZERO!!! A typing error from a CoW coder I guess. It happens...

I'll update my files & links during the day.

have anybody notice that the Skeleton Archers don't have an amour although you can see on the unit picture and read in the unit description that they have ?

and upgrade the armour like the Seleton Spears or Skelleton Warriours you can't

Icon4 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    have anybody notice that the Skeleton Archers don't have an amour although you can see on the unit picture and read in the unit description that they have ?

and upgrade the armour like the Seleton Spears or Skelleton Warriours you can't
    You speak like Yoda. Cool

This armor change would require a fix in the modeldb. Why not. It's possible... but that would be the least of my concern.

UPDATE about 1.4.1 & my stuff: good news!

- The Music stays, so for those who DL & installed my Vampire Music Mod=you keep it, nothing changes.
    - CoW team has fixed the Carstein bogyguard on foot in 1.4.1, giving them the proper defense level. You don't need my fix anymore. I will update first post ASAP

Now for the (relatively) bad news: the translation hasn't been fixed for 1.4.1 yet so we wait... not a big deal.

Multi Battle.

Martin von Carstein vc LittleDwarf

It was a little strange by the various bugs. 25 minutes of bloody battle with the Dark Elves.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast