Thread: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    empire

also he can

1 left faction that recrut them
    2 can die and rise again later
    awesome!!! even if in the campaign that I'm playing at the moment the only mercenaries that appeared were Pirazzo and van Klupf, both hired by me

Quote Originally Posted by holynevil View Post
    then you really don't know how to play Sylvania. My army always contain: 2~4 archers, 6~8 skeletons(warriors and spearmen), 2 Calvary, General, wraiths, halberdiers. Strat: Charge my skeletons head on while my archers shoot like crazy. My elite infantry go in after my skeletons nearly die, calvary to plank them.
    I have use 1 of my army to defeat 4 stacks of Orcs (separately) with always Clear Victory. Wraiths are very good when you use them like 5 min after the fight start, they good to break the morale (i always capture a bunchs with Wraiths) Halberdiers are my 2nd fav. They can hold line very firm while my other armys have to to go behind the enemy lines.
    really? i will try again. but I still think Wraiths are too expensive

Wait so, can I hire the Kreuger guy or what, because now im being spammed with the same message as dwarves almost every turn and I never get the option to hire him!

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon10 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by King-Morgoth View Post
    Wait so, can I hire the Kreuger guy or what, because now im being spammed with the same message as dwarves almost every turn and I never get the option to hire him!
    ... There must be a script bug then. Ask Isilendil (CoW modder) or post on the Bug Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by optsfire View Post
    A unit that can rout an entire imperial army (conbined w/ other VC units) is never too expensive

Remember that a unit's value is not only about the stats, but also about its capacities. Usually, undead units have lower stats (except vampires of course) but great capacities, even basic troops.
    Ex: the lowest units (zombies, skeletons) never flee & then can absorb charges from mighy foes. Being a bonehead has always been an advantage on the battlefield
    Then you can flank the "heavy" enemy. See my battle screens as an ex. That's the Wall of Bone tactic.

As in the tabletop game, the Undeads are very special & different to play with, and need more tactics & knowledge of the game'a BAI mechanics = how to lower enemy morale with mutiple but conbined moves. They're not based on brutality & heavies.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 07, 2011 at 05:40 AM.

Vlad Von Carstein

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by +MementoMori+; January 07, 2011 at 05:33 AM.

Ok here my battle with orc:

after empty all my arrow and stone, i forward my wraiths and their entire army routing, woo hoo

how can i set SPoiler ??? don't know how, newbs-,-
    Last edited by holynevil; January 07, 2011 at 08:49 AM.

You cannot begin to imagine how hard I lol'd at that.

At least I know that wraiths are totally worth it now

RedDwarf's Avatar Ordinarius

"Arg bone head city!" But to those who doubt. Having morale_lock on easy pezy lowest tier units with low upkeep is power. Since you also have nice upper tier units, great combo. Unlike poor Gobos, who have crap, beter crap and shiny crap. Which still is crap. My dwarves dont mind but its still more costly battles since I cant depend on breaking the army in general.
    "When In doubt? Belive the person with the bloodier weapon!"
    "When you need to shoot. Shoot, don't talk!" Tuco

my experience: once their morale is shaken or impetuous, wraith appear = ROUTING, GO GO MY VC ARMY

Quote Originally Posted by holynevil View Post
    my experience: once their morale is shaken or impetuous, wraith appear = ROUTING, GO GO MY VC ARMY
    Impetuos has little to do with rout thats there disiplane level, Hence impetuous "May charge without orders", Tho alot of impetuous units have morale_lock "Fanatics". Except the orcs.

A unit that can rout an entire imperial army (conbined w/ other VC units) is never too expensive
    ok.maybe you right about that. maybe I should learn more from you all.

the Undeads are very special & different to play with, and need more tactics & knowledge of the game'a BAI mechanics = how to lower enemy morale with mutiple but conbined moves. They're not based on brutality & heavies.
    you are absolutely right. but why i can't recruit some unit?

another clear victory for the VC ARMY,(notice my Wraith died more than half: their Da Rock something get some fking lucky shot at them, poor my wraith T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by optsfire View Post
    ok.maybe you right about that. maybe I should learn more from you all.

you are absolutely right. but why i can't recruit some unit?
    You probly have not built the right building. Some units require more sub buildings than others.

i alway like unit can kill; not just scare them.so i like blood dragon. i don't understand somthing about wraiths

1 unit of Wraiths have 125 wraiths,. I suppose do not lose any Wraiths for thee enemyz always rout when facing them, but their orc catapult got some lucky shot kill half of my wraiths T_T

I agree with you.

They are awful by the unit, however, effective in the fight against all opponents. Black Orcs have no chance with them. At least one units.

They are very vulnerable to missiles, as ethereal beings. For the 5000 you can buy five units crossbowmen. They put the poor wraitch row.

VC army is very serious in this mod version. You can create a powerful army of the shock with the Blood Dragons, GG, Wraitchs and other vampires. But the main character is a - a terrible catapults. Take care of them. Other units do not count as much as catapults.

my wraiths died from dwarf miners 60 from one volley lol although most replenised after battle due to manfred castrein necromacy i beleive.

Kill 4 army of Orc in 1 turn with my blood dragon commander WAGGGGGGGGG

AGAIN, can anyone tell me how to make spoiler tag?

[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Hey necro fans are skeleton horses normal moving(bones don't separete of eachother??)???

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast