Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Default Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

The new Von Carstein units. What are they undead or Humans? The in game description keeps referring to them as Vampires but they look like normal dudes to me.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon10 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    The new Von Carstein units. What are they undead or Humans? The in game description keeps referring to them as Vampires but they look like normal dudes to me.
    They're vampires, but young ones so they still look very human except for the skin color (pale, light blue). Therefore, undeads.
    See Martin's posts on page 2.

Don't tell me you didn't notice, they are the most classical picture of vampires - look exactly like Dracula in some movies

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    Don't tell me you didn't notice, they are the most classical picture of vampires - look exactly like Dracula in some movies
    Who are you responding to? My guess is Outlawstar15a2 but... please "quote", thanks.
    PS that's what I meant too, but I answered with diplomacy (I think)

EDIT Heinrich Kemmler

EDIT : Battle of Bogenhaffen, Manfred vs. Talabheim - screenshots!
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 05, 2011 at 12:40 PM.

1. Richter Kreuger is not a necromancer, but a wraith. Burdened with a curse.

He betrayed his employer - the necromancer and so now it looks like. Every enemy killed by him automatically becomes the warrior.

2. Heinrich Kemmler VC is not a mercenary. He was independent, terrible necromancer ... Currently in exchange for the recovery of the form serves the gods of Chaos.

3. The vampire of all ages can look like a man. Must regularly drink only blood and not dabble too much necro magic (like necrarch vampire).

With age, however, his power grows.

What we see in the mod is ready to fight - the vampire. When preparing to battle it is not straining to keep a human form.

Allright I already admitted that I got mixed up

Yes, Kemmler is not technically a "mercenary" but he's independent. So if he was in CoW he would be treated as such.

Hey Martin... you know that vampires don't really exist, do you? (jokin' )

Seriously now, thanks for your precisions. So... what do u think of my battle?
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 05, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    Well I made that post before I brought them to battle as part of my Sylvania horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Well I made that post before I brought them to battle as part of my Sylvania horde.
    oh, brother... play before posting

Icon4 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Karshtain foot bodyguard

A few days ago I noticed that an undead BG unit had an abnormally low defense level of just ONE
    I thought they were named Vlad Guard. My bad... It's the Karshtain foot bodyguard. Karshtain are "young" Vampires of the Carstein clan. Sure they don't wear body armor but they should be able to fence & parry, don't you think?

As of now, they have this "defense" code lines on export_descr_units:
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 0, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 3, 3, metal
    ... while the main Khastrain have a defense lvl of 10. It must be a typo error from the Team coders then. It happens, we're here to check & correct (instead of whining like crybabies)

Edit, Search & Correct that way for the dictionary entry Karshtain_foot_bodygard:
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 10, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 3, 3, metal
    Now It's the same as the main Karshtain foot unit. Simple

EDIT: this error as been fixed in patch 1.4.1
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 08, 2011 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Karshtain foot bodyguard

A few days ago I noticed that an undead BG unit had an abnormally low defense level of just ONE
    I thought they were named Vlad Guard. My bad... It's the Karshtain foot bodyguard. Karshtain are "young" Vampires of the Carstein clan. Sure they don't wear body armor but they should be able to fence & parry, don't you think?

As of now, they have this "defense" code lines on export_descr_units:
    ... while the main Khastrain have a defense lvl of 10. It must be a typo error from the Team coders then. It happens, we're here to check & correct (instead of whining like crybabies)

Edit, Search & Correct that way for the dictionary entry Karshtain_foot_bodygard:
    Now It's the same as the main Karshtain foot unit. Simple
    hey Pacha, do you mind post your export_descr_units files, i want those fix but i really don't have a nerve to touch them . btw, how i can recruit Richter Kreuger, i keep getting his msg

Icon2 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by holynevil View Post
    hey Pacha, do you mind post your export_descr_units files, i want those fix but i really don't have a nerve to touch them . btw, how i can recruit Richter Kreuger, i keep getting his msg
    Allright... It's not a big deal, but I you prefer that... DL the attached file below and drop it into your Call_of_Warhammer/data/ folder. Am I not being nice now?

EDIT: file erased = this error as been fixed in patch 1.4.1

About Kreuger: check my post here. EDIT: ok I was wrong

BTW guys... I shouldn't be asking but... don't forget to +rep when you appreciate the efforts: music, tips, fixes...
    4 me or other contributors btw
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 08, 2011 at 07:38 AM.

I would love to rep you, THP, Beregond, GAT and all those who help developed COW but i still have not able to rep, poor ,e

The battle like any other battle with the computer ...

All I regret it "+ rep" ... and many do, translators, I'm looking ... chlip chlip ...

Richter Kreuger isn't VC mercenary.
    Last edited by Martin von Carstein; January 06, 2011 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    The battle like any other battle with the computer ...

All I regret it "+ rep" ... and many do, translators, I'm looking ... chlip chlip ...
    I must say, It's hard to understand you. About the battle: I was talking about the screens obviously. I know It's not great Art but... I hope u liked anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    Richter Kreuger isn't VC mercenary.
    In Call of Warhammer the mod for Med2 Kg (and not the GW tabletop miniature game) he is apparently, as players have this generic message... which is exactly the same message as any other mercenary unit.
    CoW team choice
    Quote Originally Posted by holynevil View Post
    I would love to rep you, THP, Beregond, GAT and all those who help developed COW but i still have not able to rep, poor ,e
    I'm not part of the CoW Team & they deserve much more credit than I do.
    I'm just helping a bit
    Rep: just click on the green dot at left
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 06, 2011 at 06:50 AM.

What I meant was that, although often helping here and there do not get "+ rep. " I feel
    unappreciated.

Richter Kruger is not a mercenary VC in both the lore and in the mod.

@Richter Kreuger is an "independent" Necromancer in WH lore.@

sure noT!! RFL (READ the ING LORE)!

He hate undeads and necro
    The news of the mercenaries occurs when someone accepts mercenaries at the service. That someone may not be a player, but the message it receives.

For example,

You play the empire.
    Orcs recruiting Ruglud's crossbowmen.
    You get a message about the description of the unit, but nothing more.

So why VC players have this message every single turn?

Once he's recruited, It should end... if It's from another faction.

+ which faction can recruit Kreuger? Strange...

Anyway... I fixed the Carstein BG That's more important IMO.

why is the Sylvania so weak? i can't understand! I have to pay 5000 for wraiths. it does not deserve. they are weaker than black orc (cost 2500).i played 1:1 wraiths:orc . i can't understand that. and halberdiers is elite? i don't think so. and von.i don't know what do they do on the battlefield. Do not misunderstand. I like the way you design them. they are pretty scary. That is what I need in the vampire army. but really we do not do anything on the battlefield. they are too weak and you just see them die. I do not want to use most of the units. the low-level army is really tough. but the higher level are weaker than the same cost at the other factions

very disappointed

then you really don't know how to play Sylvania. My army always contain: 2~4 archers, 6~8 skeletons(warriors and spearmen), 2 Calvary, General, wraiths, halberdiers. Strat: Charge my skeletons head on while my archers shoot like crazy. My elite infantry go in after my skeletons nearly die, calvary to plank them.
    I have use 1 of my army to defeat 4 stacks of Orcs (separately) with always Clear Victory. Wraiths are very good when you use them like 5 min after the fight start, they good to break the morale (i always capture a bunchs with Wraiths) Halberdiers are my 2nd fav. They can hold line very firm while my other armys have to to go behind the enemy lines.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    + which faction can recruit Kreuger? Strange...
    empire

also he can

1 left faction that recrut them
    2 can die and rise again later

that would explain all the messages Big Pacha recieves in his game

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast