Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon10 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    Martin,
    Now when i understand, i can say that, quite funny, it seems we agreed from the start. I just thought, when you say that "GG kills EVERYTHING, bringing death, terror, destruction, fear and communism on the battelfield" that you mean they are sort of... best unit in the universe or something. I totally agree about what you say now.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    Btw. you really should check out the Kain's Sylvania voices, they are pr0. Especialy the ones with the EVIL LAUGHTER! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Absolutely, but... do they work with 1.4?

@ Reiksfart: maybe for prebattle display. send mp3 I'm just beginning the reworking of the Sylvanian score.

@ Martin : personally I use GG Halberds to protect my catapults. It worked sor far... good Knight Killers
    I put my archers just in front of the catapults so that if the enemy wants to take them he'll take heavy fire.
    Wolves: they should be able to hide in woods. I don't get the "can't hide" trait they have. BTW... a unit of BATS would be great.

not that
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Big Pacha; January 04, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

not that

Good new soundtrack
    But, as you're talking about undead scaring enemy troop, mine don't

Quote Originally Posted by Grymloq View Post

Good new soundtrack
    Thank you
    BTW guys... don't forget the +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Grymloq View Post
    But, as you're talking about undead scaring enemy troop, mine don't
    really? ... ... I'd suggest a tactical change.
    - Go to war with Manfred von Carstein & his awesome special ability. Use the ability only when you're on a vast melee w/ the enemy.
    - Use catapults, Dire Wolves & other "scary" units to flank the enemy. That + the "wall of bones" of the skeletons & zombies = the enemy will finally break morale - except Sigmar warpriests, dwarf slayers & other fanatics.

Skeleton+Zombies+GGH = Anvil
    BK+wolves+catapults = Hammer

GG can do both.

and don't worry about heavy losses, as you never flee and you replenish your ranks after battle = the more you kill, the more you get new soldiers for free... necromancy is awesome!

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

thank you I'll try when I'll finish my Averland campaign and + rep of course

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    @ Martin : personally I use GG Halberds to protect my catapults. It worked sor far... good Knight Killers
    I put my archers just in front of the catapults so that if the enemy wants to take them he'll take heavy fire.
    Wolves: they should be able to hide in woods. I don't get the "can't hide" trait they have. BTW... a unit of BATS would be great.
    Maybe a little multi battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    Maybe a little multi battle?
    Not right now but I'll let u know. Later

I'm not sure about a VC vs. VC battle thou + never tried CoW on multi.
    I'll pick up elves or chaos just for the try.

I'm not sure about a VC vs. VC battle thou + never tried CoW on multi.
    Such battles are not possible, unfortunately ...

I wanted to explore your desires. This week I have the opportunity to play on Thursday-Sunday.

Martin, i would like to play with you. I'm lame at multi but i want to practice.

I have to change their minds about the potential of VC in the multi.
    They can be great when you use them properly. Mainly this is due to fear, which has now become a surprisingly staggering. Without significance (in the campaign, too) is that their main opponent Imperial has no morale. Spearmen, halberdiers, musketeers, archers, crossbowmen are cowards.

Or my version is too twisted. In any event, the Empire is now with the VC very tough ...

Martin von Carstein I think you should accept LittleDwarf's challenge. VC vs. Khazalids

maybe on sunday 4 me

EDIT I'm going to test Kain's undead voices to see if they work with 1.4.

is it just me or the vampire wraith (aka Priest) not working?

Quote Originally Posted by holynevil View Post
    is it just me or the vampire wraith (aka Priest) not working?
    No, It's just you

The Vampire "priests" - more liches than wraiths - are "converting" like the others ; too slowly IMO. Just be sure to destroy Sigmar Temples when you conquer an imperial settlement + build graveyards. They serve as VC "temples" in 1.4.

Update on voices: I unpacked Kain's voices they're really cool but... how do you insert them ingame? Modding needed.

Voice pack on attached .7z zip file below I prefer the "ghostly" ones.
    needed. Maybe somebody will make a permanent voicemod for the whole CoW mod, as in TATW. That would be great!

weird then, 3 of my priests on near the capital, after 8 turns, not even 1% is converting T_T

weird then, 3 of my priests on near the capital, after 8 turns, not even 1% is converting T_T
    What capital? An enemy one? They have their temples, especially capitals = cathedrals. Can't win against that that's basic med2 vanilla mechanics btw. i put them on newly conquered regions and the "vampire" cult rises slowly (1% per turn/per priest if they're basic,1 or 2 "rings")

Odd, I keep getting some message about a mercenary band (i think) owned by richter kreuger waiting at my gates every turn, has anyone else experienced this?

What capital? An enemy one? They have their temples, especially capitals = cathedrals. Can't win against that that's basic med2 vanilla mechanics btw. i put them on newly conquered regions and the "vampire" cult rises slowly (1% per turn/per priest if they're basic,1 or 2 "rings")
    no, our capital T_T, that why i say it weird..... it my freaking capital and the cult are not rising at all with 3 "priests' @_@

Instead of Metallica You could use Apocalyptica, still heavy but not metal . Suits VC quite better than Metallica version.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Morgoth View Post
    Odd, I keep getting some message about a mercenary band (i think) owned by richter kreuger waiting at my gates every turn, has anyone else experienced this?
    Richter Kreuger is a mercenary captain turned undead in WH lore. Here's the Regiment of Reknown PDF, he's in it (Cursed Company). His Unit is the "mercenary" unit for Sylvania. Empire factions have many mercs available, but the other factions have 1 or 2 mercs available too. ex: Orcs can recruit Ogres & that special orc merc unit w/ crosbows.
    Anyway... you can recruit mercs by having a mercenary outpost. It's a building. TBH I don't know if VC can build that merc building. Not yet if not, adress that to CoW team. You can also have it by capturing an imperial city (keep the building then) = then you will be able to recruit that special unit.
    no, our capital T_T, that why i say it weird..... it my freaking capital and the cult are not rising at all with 3 "priests' @_@
    then It's definitely a bug. Normally, the Sepulchre in Drakenhof is way enough to have a max Vampire Cult %.
    Try sending your liches in other provinces, new conquered ones or enemy ones (but undeveloped) & see if they convert.
    Let me know by PM please

@ all: the bugs should be addressed to the CoW team on the Tech section, but this thread is also here to indentify them, so thanks & keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa166 View Post
    Instead of Metallica You could use Apocalyptica, still heavy but not metal . Suits VC quite better than Metallica version (...)
    You're a bit late but thanks anyway. Metallica has been replaced by the Danse Macabre - a classic! smoother & better as ambient music.
    I uploaded the new Vampire Music v.1.1 so check it
    As the Vampire Music Mod is a permanent WIP I will check your ref too.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 06, 2011 at 05:05 AM.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

@Richter Kreuger is an "independent" Necromancer in WH lore.@

sure noT!! RFL (READ the ING LORE)!

He hate undeads and necro

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    @Richter Kreuger is an "independent" Necromancer in WH lore.@

sure noT!! RFL (READ the ING LORE)!

He hate undeads and necro
    Yes, I know, I just corrected. I mixed with Heinrich Kemmler, my bad Calm down, WH fanatics

EDIT: oh BTW, you made it the merc unit for Sylvania / Undeads, not me
    Then, according to yourself, you don't respect "the ING LORE" (yeah, I too can curse & type in caps )
    ...so take it easy, allright?
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 05, 2011 at 09:17 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast