Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon10 The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Sylvania

Land of the Dead

Dear Necromancers,

I open this thread as a dedication to the very special Sylvania faction for Call of Warhammer 1.4. Here you can discuss vampires & zombies, but also:
    - post pictures or vids
    - send infos & tips
    - anything related to the Undeads

Let me begin with a small music modification

I wasn't very pleased with two of the musics for Sylvania that you can hear very often. The "summer" musics on campaign map were... questionable, not only by me as I read here and there.

Anyway... instead of whining and complaining, I changed it by editing Music.dat with XIDX & replaced 2 files. The new ones are:

- Dracula - The Beginning (movie score, already used but unproperly IMO)
    - Danse Macabre (by Camille Saint-Saëns, and not Martin ) and Compatible with patch 1.4.1

Click meee...

Install:

- unzip my vampire_music.rar file (I use free WinRar)
    - copy the 2 extracted files (Music.dat and Music.idx) into this folder:

Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer\Data\Sounds

CAUTION: as always, make a backup of the original file in case you don't like the new score
    Other detail: I know, the file is big. That's because CoW uses a .dat compiling all musics so I have to send everything back even if I changed only 2 files.

Also, for the "wannabe lawyers": the Danse Macabre is a classic & copyright-free. I will upgrade the vampire musics with other tunes from Nox Arcana and Midnight Syndicate. I'm sure they won't mind the publicity

Of course I will make other improvements. Suggestions: tell me - PM with .mp3 refs please.

Resources- click on links

Kain's Undead Voices

Vampire Counts Wiki

Vampire Counts Army Book

Regiments of Reknown PDF (mercs)

Have unpleasant dreams, mwahahaaaah

Last edited by Big Pacha; January 08, 2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: NEW VAMPIRE MUSIC MOD v. 1.1 !!!

Default Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

is hard changing the music, out of curiosity - as I would like to put my own music on aswell.

Metalica and VC ... hmmmm ...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If I could just music around with and add ... sigh ... Climate many pieces ...

Dance Macabre should be such, not a counterfeit!

I wrote it - Martin von Carstein.
    Last edited by Martin von Carstein; January 03, 2011 at 01:25 PM.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Well, who wouldn't like Warhammer's depiction of vampires? We all know that beautiful maiden (not anymore, courtesy of Felix Jaeger) is running around somewhere. As I am a wannabe lawyer...Well it really depends on a point of view and the law system in question. You should be fine, unless someone takes it down.

Icon10 Re: The Vampire Thread - Sylvania 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by theinherator View Post
    is hard changing the music, out of curiosity - as I would like to put my own music on aswell.
    I used the sound tutorials on the forum + the old XIDX tool. Check them in the modding sections.
    BTW that's OT please remain on topic
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    (...)
    I wrote it - Martin von Carstein.
    I knew you would come here... welcome & thanks.
    IMO that metallica tune fits well.
    My answer:

The bells & all... about the Danse Macabre, I just picked the score on wiki for those who did'nt know it.

@ Mr. Sorrow: I hear you, but knowing how the GW lawyers can be aggressive, If that was the case, the entire CoW mod would have been shut down a long time ago. Pictures=Music=copyrighted artwork. It always depends on the use. In our case It's OK, I checked + I gave credit to the band

Back to the Deadlands! I'm preparing a battle display. Quickly, a teaser (I'm busy IRL so see u later)
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 03, 2011 at 08:44 AM.

No matter how much I may love metal and electronic music, neither really fits in this mod. I would probably download your music if it wasn't for Metallica!

I'm more of a Tomb King person, but the undead is still what makes this mod awesome for me. Nothing beats marching down on your enemy with hordes of unrelenting skeletons.

It all depends on your taste - for me, M fits more to the weaknesses of American films about zombies, Class C.

Vampire Counts are the representatives of the old world, good horror novels, gothic novels (Dracula, Nosferatu). So in my opinion, the best fit for them, just that music.

The bells & all?

And that good old harpsichord.

Well ... loves a zombie, the other loves vampires.

Best Dance Macabre are those done classically, not "improved. "
    Last edited by Martin von Carstein; January 03, 2011 at 01:26 PM.

The Nox Arcana tunes are already in the Vampires CoW score.

I agree "Danse Macabre" would be better. Therefore, I will change my file & re-upload it.

If you want to be a bit constructive, send me a .mp3 of it and I'll do the job.

Same if u have other musics you want in.

BTW Zombieland was pretty cool and B movies are certainly better than this Twilight CRAP!

see what I mean?
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 03, 2011 at 09:58 AM.

The music from Nox arcana is great. Never heard of them. =D And I think the music would be the best for the vampire Counts. Will buy a few cd's soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Scout of Imladris View Post
    The music from Nox arcana is great. Never heard of them. =D And I think the music would be the best for the vampire Counts. Will buy a few cd's soon...
    That would be even better if I could get a mp3 from the 1st one (Gothic Sanctum) or from the Dance Macabre (this one being copyright-free )

ANYONE?

EDIT: I just found the .mp3 from the YT vid posted up here. Martin Von Carstein & the other devil worshippers will be happy

Just give me some more time. New upload this evening
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 03, 2011 at 09:43 AM.

If we're talking Nox Arcana, I might also recommend Midnight Syndicate. They've got some great, creepy tunes.

The Nox Arcanii best part is that there is a lot of albums. The CoW is only a fraction of their work, only fragments of the Necronomicon ... few ...

Bits will try to send soon. Can be attributed to the breed a few pieces?
    Last edited by Martin von Carstein; January 03, 2011 at 01:26 PM.

???

OR

OR

Last edited by +MementoMori+; January 03, 2011 at 12:00 PM.

@ zamme: I'd like the mp3 of the 3rd I'll put them for the battle tunes. I hear you about Tomb Kings. There's a submod coming...

@ Martin von Carstein the tune is fine but piano played in loops can be very annoying. Nah, I'd prefer Gothic Sanctum if u have it on mp3 I'll use it.

OK gotta go (IRL=family guy ) check the thread in a few hours for the new score

@ Borbonic South cool man but I need mp3's + due to popular demand, no more metal. I know me too.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 03, 2011 at 09:56 AM.

http://www.filefront.com/17744786/Muzyka.rar

As I have time I will remember the other bits and throw them. Some of them were .

Nice Borbonic.

Loop? I mean too long?

That's why it's called "Melancholia. " After that, in principle, is another - with irritation fall into madness.

Last edited by Martin von Carstein; January 03, 2011 at 01:27 PM.

Hi guys! Here is my contribution to the Sylvana Music
    I hope you like Big Pacha

Enjoy ----->
    Last edited by +MementoMori+; January 03, 2011 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    Loop? I mean too long?
    No, I mean the main campaign tunes (summer/winter) are heard again and again in loops, and piano notes will finally get on your nerves.
    PS: could you please wrap your vids into SPOILER tags? for practical issues, like loading the page etc.

Well...

I finally changed the Metallica tune for the Danse Macabre. I'm uploading the new .rar file RIGHT NOW
    The upload is taking 3 hours so be patient. I'm updating the 1st post + will change de DL link as soon as the upload is complete.

BTW I will go on with this revamping of the Sylvanian score during the week, thanks to your mp3's It's a work in progress, but still, IMO my present score is better than the previous "bad cheesy disco" one.

Now, on a complete different subject... did you notice that the Vlad Bodyguards (foot) have an extremely low defense level of ONE?

This is ridiculous. It must be a typing error... They may not wear armor but they have fencing skills. Right now, a zombie has better scores.

It can be fixed in the export-descr-units file but where? Which line? Which number?

EDIT I already have tons of tunes from zamme but I'll also look into Martin's and Borbonic's packs.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 03, 2011 at 11:55 AM.

Spoiler.

You mean the Grave Guard or of this new vampire infantry, which protect Manfred?

1. Grave Guard - I agree. It's probably some mockery, a joke. Unit legendary wraith, the best warrior tribes, fallen knights much as two units and has swordsmanów below those statistics ... Grave Guard are elite!
    2. Von Carstein - Partially agree.

2 HP.
    I will not say again that their stats are the worst - from Carstein is an intermediary between the Blood Dragons and Necrarchians. They are not masters of anything (not counting the exceptions).

It is often young vampires, transformed by nobles, with barely a few decades of his unlife. But how do I compare them with those Droyashki ... on the other hand DE Witches also have a dull ...

Droyashki - 2250

Von Carstein - 3000

DE Witches - 4000

The most amazes me arms Von Carstein cavalery ... two swords instead of a copy?!

How do you want to write what you have where to change ...

Martin, the truth is, that the statistics in this mod are kind of... wierd.
    This weekend I'll try to rebuild it ALL [well maybe except of mercenaries] (stats, costs and probably unit numbers too) to be more lore-like (this coud be annoying to some, becouse in my concept dwarven/elven units, as well as higher chaos and undead tiers (especially vampires) will be VERY POWERFUL, but fewer in numbers and more expensive) , i'll let you know.

There are several very annoing thing, like the fact that the Ironbreakers, the most elite dwarven units, clad in diamond-like armor, which is very rare nowadays among dwarves, is only 1 pkt of defense better than longbeards and has the same number.

And Grave Guard should definitly be better than standard Empire troops.

My general concept is that each faction will have unique feel, like :

with dwarves/elves you will have to depend on small bands of very experienced warriors, dwarves more concentrated on defense/elves on attack
    orcs will be numerous and have 2 hp and good attack, but very little defense compared to factions like chaos, dwarves and empire
    chaos warriors will be very good but expensive, typical reaction to demons if you do not have elite troops/artillery will be exactly like in the old world = "OMG, DEMONS! RUUUUUN!"
    empire will be 'moderate' compared to other factions, with moderate stats but also moderate costs, and larger numbers than elves/dwarves, also very flexible faction, able to field artillery, mages, good infantry, ranged and cavalry.
    unead will have masses of weak soldiers like skeletons as well as very powerful vampires, which however will be few in numbers.
    Last edited by LittleDwarf; January 03, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast