Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Napoleonic Total War 2 Sub Mod:Campaign

Default Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 Sub Mod:Campaign

Ei guys, gamefront don't work on my country, how do I download it?

Domesticus

What's new?

Hi guys,

I've tried to install this mod. I've patched RTW up to 1.5 successfully and followed the instructions to instal the mod. I get to the loading screen with the background image of the Imperial Guard Grenadiers charging and i get the following error message
    Error: Filename doesnt exist : napoleonic/data/animations/engine/ballista/ballista_idle.CAS

Any idea's?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Hi guys,

I've tried to install this mod. I've patched RTW up to 1.5 successfully and followed the instructions to instal the mod. I get to the loading screen with the background image of the Imperial Guard Grenadiers charging and i get the following error message
    Error: Filename doesnt exist : napoleonic/data/animations/engine/ballista/ballista_idle.CAS

Any idea's?
    If it helps I've had a play with a few different MODs. It seems that any mods than are installed by running a .exe file work fine. Any mods that I have to unzip into the RTW directory I get this message. I'm clearly doing something wrong but I can't figure out what. Any ideas guys? I would really like to play this MOD.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

If it helps I've had a play with a few different MODs. It seems that any mods than are installed by running a .exe file work fine. Any mods that I have to unzip into the RTW directory I get this message. I'm clearly doing something wrong but I can't figure out what. Any ideas guys? I would really like to play this MOD.
    has your RTW vanilla data folder been changed in any way? like OiM, or some other mods, that change the data folder.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    has your RTW vanilla data folder been changed in any way? like OiM, or some other mods, that change the data folder.
    Nope, I've got it working now. It turns out it was because I didn't have NTW installed, just vanilla RTW. I've installed NTW and then copied it in and it works fine now. My bad.

On a different note this is a fantastic mod thanks. One question though, what's the thinking behind line infantry only being recruit able in cities? Surely it should form the bulk of your army?

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

How did i miss this
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Nope, I've got it working now. It turns out it was because I didn't have NTW installed, just vanilla RTW. I've installed NTW and then copied it in and it works fine now. My bad.

On a different note this is a fantastic mod thanks. One question though, what's the thinking behind line infantry only being recruit able in cities? Surely it should form the bulk of your army?
    I'm afraid I cannot answer that question, as I did not produce this mod.

however, good to hear you got the thing working again.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Tiro

Does the sub mod have to overwrite RTW or can it be used as a modswitch?

When I overwrite I also encounter the "ballista"-problem (#223-228). Is there an easier way to cope with the problem than to copy NTW to the sub mod?

Are the fixes mentioned in #88 en #201 included in the sub mod version posted on moddb and are they necessary or useful?
    Last edited by The_Judge; November 26, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    Does the sub mod have to overwrite RTW or can it be used as a modswitch?

When I overwrite I also encounter the "ballista"-problem (#223-228). Is there an easier way to cope with the problem than to copy NTW to the sub mod?

Are the fixes mentioned in #88 en #201 included in the sub mod version posted on moddb and are they necessary or useful?
    it has its own modfolder: there is no need to play with the vanilla data folder. I hope for your sake you backed up the data folder for vanilla.

Hi, Thank You for produce such good mod.
    Anyway regarding this sub i used Ottoman and found something interesting:
    1. cannon 3, 5 Okers and Abus have same firepower value.
    2. Ottomans character have non-ottoman portrait, having same name around of 6 character such Selim III then Ibrahim Nizam then Murad Bey again Sultan Selim III, even captain of armies also use these names too.

for first question i need somebody explain why these cannon have same firepower value?
    and there are possibility to add more Ottomans character name? get rid title in name such "Sultan Selim III" become "Selim" and so on. I try change it myself but it always crash.. need someone/mod creator in charge to help about that.

Best Regard,
    Khairshapiee

Does anyone have a new download link?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

hello Xanthippos; I assume the mod is still alive, but it's just a matter of gamefront being shut down since some weeks.

either you wait for the mod leader to pop up again or you try to contact him directly about (I can see from his profile page that he was online march 2016 last time)

any question, you can PM me
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112