Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP Idea

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Default PvP Idea

So what if, to avoid griefing, people stopped moving into each others territories, and instead set up dates to fight for capturable territories. It would be much more organized. Any ideas?

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Re: PvP Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    So what if, to avoid griefing, people stopped moving into each others territories, and instead set up dates to fight for capturable territories. It would be much more organized. Any ideas?
    We voted againist this at another time, sorry. I think it would be a lot better though

Well I feel as if all this arguing defeats the purpose of playing, having fun ya know.

I agree, but i dont know if we can repoll an old poll

Well, why not? It would be under new circumstances.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Id vote for it, make pvp alot better than it is now IMO

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    Id vote for it, make pvp alot better than it is now IMO
    I agree. And we can always start polls again, as OPs.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of PvP as it is currently. I might even be open to planned battle, might make pvp worth it again =/
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Content Emeritus

Zeke if you want to make a paragraph detailing your idea, i'd be more than happy to bring it to vote

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I advocated something along these lines originally, and it was ignored.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Does that mean I couldn't come to josst his place to enjoy and learn about his awesome railroad or that I can't pay a visit to inarus?

Under the patronage of Pĝntifex Maximus

Content Emeritus

No, just that during PVP the players agree to a field of battle and have at it, more... chivalrous if you ask me

I like this though. The only thing ive yet found fnny about pvp was when me aankar, crossjon and dan had a battle. It was fast and it was fun

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

PVP was always good in the beginning. Like the assaults on Sqweak tower, the very first bit of PVP. Sure Nhygt moaned a bit about dying so much (lol), but it was generaly good PVP fun, sometime we even as the attackers had to think about how we would attack, because nhyt was using some clever methods of defending.

Then Akar decided to join PVP, and its turned to shite quite frankly. Every battle now results in 100 threads of how someone hasn't had a fight exactly like someone else wanted.

No wonder people like Poach decided to opt out soon as all the cry babies joined the fighting.

Ideas like this are the only way I can see PVP ever getting back to the fun it once was tbh.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    PVP was always good in the beginning. Like the assaults on Sqweak tower, the very first bit of PVP. Sure Nhygt moaned a bit about dying so much (lol), but it was generaly good PVP fun, sometime we even as the attackers had to think about how we would attack, because nhyt was using some clever methods of defending.

Then Akar decided to join PVP, and its turned to shite quite frankly. Every battle now results in 100 threads of how someone hasn't had a fight exactly like someone else wanted.

No wonder people like Poach decided to opt out soon as all the cry babies joined the fighting.

Ideas like this are the only way I can see PVP ever getting back to the fun it once was tbh.
    Don't blame pvp failures on one person. You can come up with something better to say than that.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    I like this though. The only thing ive yet found fnny about pvp was when me aankar, crossjon and dan had a battle. It was fast and it was fun
    considering thats the only battle you took part in,i dont think its fair for you to judge the others

mitch i didnt moan about dying a lot,i was unhappy with the fact that the battles were always 3vs1.
    and yes,it was fun if you disregard the lags here and there(like aanker not dying properly)...i think we should still have siege battles,not only field battles...otherwise towers and forts are useless...

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post

I was in that battle too

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    I have to say, that battle was the only time I enjoyed dying.

Here are some rules/procedures that I thought of/were used in that battle that could be used if we implement this idea:

- One side will declare on the server that they want a battle. This will be the attackers
    -the other side will get to go find an unoccupied piece of land in the wilderness, and that will be the battle site. This will be the defenders
    -both sides will have some time (I thnik 15-20 min should be good) to assemble all the troops they can at the site (tp allowed) and build defenses/traps on their own side of the battle site.
    -everything built in the battle site is griefable
    -once you die in the battle, you can not go back into the battle site until the battle is over. The team that still has troops left, wins.
    -if you leave the battle site during the battle (the site will be marked by the defenders before the battle) you are counted as dead
    -if a dead person returns to the battle, his/her team forfeits the battle, and the other team wins.
    -at any time, one team can surrender, but only if the whole team agrees to surrender.
    sieges
    -the attacking team will declare if the battle will be a siege or not
    -In a siege, the goal of the attackers is to take the defender's fortification, and the goal of the defenders is to kill all enemies
    -if the attackers take the defender's fortification, they win even if a defender is still alive, as long as they are not in the fortification.
    -the attackers have limited time (20-30 min) from the stat of the battle to when they have to take the fort, or they forfeit
    -all the rules for regular battles apply for sieges

EDIT:
    -in sieges, no griefing, but the attacker may ue ladders, and add bridges over trenches.

EDIT 2:
    -TNT may be used for traps by either side, but may not be placed after the battle has started. (this applys for both regular battles and sieges)
    Last edited by crossjon; January 01, 2011 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔crossjon♔ View Post
    I have to say, that battle was the only time I enjoyed dying.

Here are some rules/procedures that I thought of/were used in that battle that could be used if we implement this idea:

- One side will declare on the server that they want a battle. This will be the attackers
    -the other side will get to go find an unoccupied piece of land in the wilderness, and that will be the battle site. This will be the defenders
    -both sides will have some time (I thnik 15-20 min should be good) to assemble all the troops they can at the site (tp allowed) and build defenses/traps on their own side of the battle site.
    -everything built in the battle site is griefable
    -once you die in the battle, you can not go back into the battle site until the battle is over. The team that still has troops left, wins.
    -if you leave the battle site during the battle (the site will be marked by the defenders before the battle) you are counted as dead
    -if a dead person returns to the battle, his/her team forfeits the battle, and the other team wins.
    -at any time, one team can surrender, but only if the whole team agrees to surrender.
    sieges
    -the attacking team will declare if the battle will be a siege or not
    -In a siege, the goal of the attackers is to take the defender's fortification, and the goal of the defenders is to kill all enemies
    -if the attackers take the defender's fortification, they win even if a defender is still alive, as long as they are not in the fortification.
    -the attackers have limited time (20-30 min) from the stat of the battle to when they have to take the fort, or they forfeit
    -all the rules for regular battles apply for sieges
    I like this

Content Emeritus

Aye, though I think I may want to add something for sieges o make them more interesting and more fair for any attacker so tell me what you think: Use of ladders allowed, after all in real sieges they would use siege engines and ladders, so ladders would not be unrealistic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast