Thread: version 1.1

Default version 1.1

can someone tell me which factions have longbowmen and lancers in the 1.1 patch please please

cos i cant find them

thankyou

Urien's Avatar Tiro

Hi sicarius,

As far as I know only the English can build the longbowman unit and the province will require a Bowers Guild to build them. This building becomes available at Castle tech level.

Lancers can only be built by the Spanish faction and require a Master Armourer, Master Horse Breeder and a Master Spearmaker. These buildings become available at Fortress tech level.

Hope this helps.

the version 1.1 changes it to make it more fair, so the spanish dont have them.

i tried it and i found the spanish have no lancers. and i got to the english bowman guild and they have no longbowmen. im wondering what its changed to

Urien's Avatar Tiro

Its possible that as Lancers are Late Era units they wont be available for constuction until that time arrives in the game, 1321.
    I know this happens with naval units such as Caravels. Even if you have a dockyard built, the Caravel is only available after the invention of the compass, as it is an ocean going boat.
    So even if you have constructed the required buildings to attain Lancers, Im pretty sure that they will not become available till 1321.
    The same applies for the English Longbowman, however I think they are High Era units so would only become available in the province with a Bowyers Guild after 1205.

I wasn't aware that Lancers could be built by any other faction, even after the 1.1 patch. I thought they were Spanish only. Same for the Longbowman. I'm sure that the English are the only faction that can build them.

I could be wrong about all this, I'm just relying on memory after reading similar threads in the past, so if someone could confirm this it would help.
    Also, you could try other MTW forums such as

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=20