Thread: Update:English voices for CoW 1.51

Stalagg's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Update:English voices for CoW 1.51

YES!!!

YEARSHH!

IT works! It ing works finally!! YES!!!

WhiffOfGrapeshot thank you so much for all your help, I couldn't have figured this out without you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stalagg View Post
    WhiffOfGrapeshot thank you so much for all your help, I couldn't have figured this out without you!
    I didn't actually solve your issues, that was all you, but no problem giving some assistance. Glad you got it working! As someone who dabbles with modding, a big chunk of it is always figuring out what you broke, hahaha.

Edit: 500th post, wee. But more importantly, if you deleted the voice mod EDU then a lot of the units won't have the proper accents, therefor won't use the right voices. Luckily for you, that's a slightly tedious but very simple and not-likely-to-break-the-game fix. Compare both of the EDUs, and under the unit stats there's an accent line in the voice mod version. Simply add that line to the matching units from your working version so it looks like
    Code:
    type             Halberdmen
    dictionary       Halberdmen
    category         infantry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    accent           German
    banner faction   main_spear
    It shouldn't cause any crashes as long as the lines are all in the right order. The reason for this is there's custom accents for different units, like trolls and ogres, and female voices for daemonettes and the like.

And just so you know, there's a 1.6.8 beta release already, with English translation. The patch I posted here is to make that one work. But it does require a bit of moving files around to get it working.
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; September 27, 2015 at 12:49 AM.

New update, can't fight more than 2 custom battles and I can't end turn in the campaign before 'Chaos has overtaken, Sigmar preserve us' appears.

The game crashes after both of those things, so everything works just fine but apprently the game just decides to crash after turn one or two custom battles.

Updated the 1.6.8 beta patch for the English voices. Changed the Skaven to use Goblin accent, which fits really well.

Simply install the 1.6 beta over 1.5.1, then install Galloper's voice mod, then the patch from here:
    https://mega.nz/#!55pykI6D!YslqLXD8q...2yn7OUp-4qNVlE

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Well done Whiff, well done indeed. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Well done Whiff, well done indeed. +1
    Thanks, man. It was mostly just cross checking the accent lines in the EDU. Some of it isn't perfect, and there was a more advanced one included in RODG that has a couple more voices for the newer units you made, but the download link for that one is gone, or I'd have used that. For now at least most all units have a proper voice, except for some ships and a few units not saying anything. Still functional for now, until new voices are added. The Skaven speaking with Goblin voices works pretty well, except they say "Yes boss, right away boss, kill them all, nyahahaha" rather than "sh-shall with kill-kill the man-things?" but the voices sound better than anything else, I think. Also gave Giants the Ogre voice because they'd demand more beer before they'd talk about a Kaisar or growl like a beast, IMO. Real credit still goes to Galloper and the other people for putting the harder work in.

Libertus

Just tried it out and it works, just what i was looking for. Thank you so much. +1

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Updated the 1.6.8 beta patch for the English voices. Changed the Skaven to use Goblin accent, which fits really well.

Simply install the 1.6 beta over 1.5.1, then install Galloper's voice mod, then the patch from here:

Humm, i can not get it to download, it just says that it's currently a problem and i have to wait while it retries to download.
    Would you mind to upload it on another site or attach it to the post? I would be forever grateful /M.K

Odd, it's doing it for me, too. I thought Mega was gonna be more reliable. I didn't have that version, but I updated the older version again, so should be the same. Keep in mind this version is for 1.6.8, which is the one with the English text translation and other such goodness is for, NOT the newest version the mod team released which so far nobody has translated anything for, as they switched things around.

Attaching to the forum seems to not work anymore 9/10ths of the time, which is why I wanted to be able to use Mega. I hate registering for 50 different terrible terrible uploading sites which are all bad and die after a month and/or delete the files after a day.

So here's an attempt at uploading it to filedropper, hopefully it works and lasts long enough for you to get it and doesn't block your region and doesn't require you to wait 30 minutes and answer 3 tiers of captcha. http://www.filedropper.com/voicemodforbetaonepointsixpointeight
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; November 07, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Any chance of leaving the russian voices for Kislev?

I did that and I get CTD when I try to launch the game, and this message inside the log

23:23:40.013 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/preferences/player.txt

Someone knows what that means?

Oh I am using Gigantus painfree version 1.6 - what actually worked, just it didnt have the right voices, for Ogres, Elves etc So I wanted to fix that. But meh....CTD

Quote Originally Posted by Caine-7 View Post
    I did that and I get CTD when I try to launch the game, and this message inside the log

23:23:40.013 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/preferences/player.txt

Someone knows what that means?

Oh I am using Gigantus painfree version 1.6 - what actually worked, just it didnt have the right voices, for Ogres, Elves etc So I wanted to fix that. But meh....CTD
    That version I put together was for the 1.6.8 beta, while Gigantus' new RodG is based on a newer patch, not to mention its own install, so it probably wouldn't work, at least not the EDU.

Currently I'm busy working on the End Times mod, so no plans on updating this for Gig's version at the moment.

That version I put together was for the 1.6.8 beta, while Gigantus' new RodG is based on a newer patch, not to mention its own install, so it probably wouldn't work, at least not the EDU.

Currently I'm busy working on the End Times mod, so no plans on updating this for Gig's version at the moment.
    Thanx for the information.
    And yes you do that - to be honest - "the End Times mod" is the main thing I am waiting for. I have got a good feeling about that...

Work for 1.6 in progress .
    Adding voices for skavens, fixing old bugs.
    One of already added features are new sounds for handguns. New version of submod will have 5-6 different types of sounds for different handguns. Sound of pistol shots will differ from sound of rifle shots, sounds of elite units shots will differ from core units. Jezail rifle will have unique sound.

Wow that sounds awesome man, I love that attention to detail cant wait to check it out.