Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Update:English voices for CoW 1.51

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: English voices for Call of Warhammer

Quote Originally Posted by UberGrunt View Post
    Doesn't work... I got CTD. I replaced the files the mod replaces and the game crashes on startup. :S Guess we'll have to wait for 1.4 version.
    You have to manually add the accents into the EDU, but it still won't work as all of the units are silent after doing so. Just thought I'd let you know so you don't waste your time. Like you said, we'll just have to wait unitl a new version comes out.

Icon4 Re: English voices for Call of Warhammer

Current version of english version don't work with 1.4.
    I'll update it soon

KainofNosgoth
    I downloaded your voice sets and I think you're good voice actor
    I'll implement sylvanian sounds later now I'm making chaos.

Thank you Galloper for your work! For me the sound is very important, it adds a lot more atmosphere to a already great mod.

Have some rep

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Hell yeah, I was wanting a mod like this since the first version of CoW came out. Thanks for making it.
    Last edited by randir14; January 01, 2011 at 08:16 PM.

Damn 1.4 cow and such a awersome sub-mod ! can't wait for it working with 1.4
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Please remember that many of us don't have the english version of Med2 (spanish, french, italian, german, russian maybe?) So that means no mongol accents available

...waiting for that voice & sound mod to be implemented in 1.4. Right now my Undeads speak like Mario & Luigi. I won't even mention the orks...

About the Empire: germanic voices fit well. After all Karl Franz is the Kaiser.

EDIT if somebody could rework the undeads music, that would be really great. except the ones from the Dracula soundtrack they're still unbearable.
    Too bad, specially if you compare to all other factions, who have excellent musical scores.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 02, 2011 at 10:09 AM.

DarkReborn's Avatar Libertus

In the Spanish version, the chaos factions have all French accents, it's really ridiculous, at least the germanic ones fit for the Empire, but hearing the vampire counts talk about how they praise God is really stupid (they don't put ·Mediterranean" accents in the Spanish version, just really macho-sounding voices).

And I don't even wanna get started with the Greenskins.

P.D.: Some of the Undead music is from Castlevania Symphony of the Night. From a certain context it fits, it is maybe just too modern for some people, or beacuse they haven't played the game, but I personally like it ("Dracula's Castle" as Heroic victory music is epic).

Then there's that midi, happy one that sounds in the Campaing map as the vampire counts. I hate it.
    Last edited by DarkReborn; January 02, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

Citizen

I have a request for you Galloper.

May I use your English Voices in Real Warhammer? Credits will be given of course

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon3 Re: English voices for Call of Warhammer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkReborn View Post
    In the Spanish version, the chaos factions have all French accents, it's really ridiculous, at least the germanic ones fit for the Empire, but hearing the vampire counts talk about how they praise God is really stupid (they don't put ·Mediterranean" accents in the Spanish version, just really macho-sounding voices).
    that's even worse than my undead pizzaiolo, and yes, hearing evil zombies praise God is just terrible.

And I don't even wanna get started with the Greenskins.
    same... arabic voices? "praise the sultan"?

P.D.: Some of the Undead music is from Castlevania Symphony of the Night. From a certain context it fits, it is maybe just too modern for some people, or beacuse they haven't played the game, but I personally like it ("Dracula's Castle" as Heroic victory music is epic).

Then there's that midi, happy one that sounds in the Campaing map as the vampire counts. I hate it.
    yes that's these happy tunes I was talking about.

Now TBH there is only TWO mp3 files to change:

wamp_summer1.mp3
    wamp_summer2.mp3

Those are the awful ones. The rest is very good I edited the music.dat file with good old XIDX tool, and replaced those 2 files (=same name) with 2 other mp3 from the Dracula Sountrack (beginning & another one). It works fine now!

Still... I'm really waiting for this voices & speeches pack for 1.4.

May this be a support to Kain & all others
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 02, 2011 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Please remember that many of us don't have the english version of Med2 (spanish, french, italian, german, russian maybe?) So that means no mongol accents available

...waiting for that voice & sound mod to be implemented in 1.4. Right now my Undeads speak like Mario & Luigi. I won't even mention the orks...

About the Empire: germanic voices fit well. After all Karl Franz is the Kaiser.

EDIT if somebody could rework the undeads music, that would be really great. except the ones from the Dracula soundtrack they're still unbearable.
    Too bad, specially if you compare to all other factions, who have excellent musical scores.
    ++1...i thought that CoW team included new "voices" for 1.4...but...it didnt

i would like mark of chaos voices, or something like that...didnt u have it done?

will the new voices be added into real warhammer?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice and i set the hounds on you

Well awesome, I was looking forward to some sound fixes! For example, the wolves of slyvania sound like horeses. A simple sound, such as the one for the wargs of isengard in TATW would make them sound excellent. Undead sounds like from skeletons and zombies in Oblivion would make the Vampire Count's units sound awesome. A bunch of undead charging and figthing sounding like men is funny. Same with the orcs and others.

Geroj's Avatar Libertus

Cant wait for your release, voices are very important for good game
    And i cant resist to ask, how far are you?

Links to new version added to first post.

The Holy Pilgrim
    Yes, of course

I'm still working on Chaos factions. Khorne generals strat voices almost complete. Blood for the blood god! When I finish all 5 chaos factions I'll make a new version.
    Last edited by Galloper; January 03, 2011 at 08:35 AM.

Citizen

Awesome!

Thank you so much!

For permission and the release I mean

Excellent, brilliant voices for Orcs, they work perfectly. Now the biggest problem with sounds has been solved.

Good to hear that great material which was introduced in Sounds, voices, speeches -thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=331057) is also being used. These guys made hellova efforts there.

Thank you all for your effort so far, perfect CoW is closer than ever

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Great stuff here.

Works perfectly, nice job. I like how the Orc voices match the units, like clicking Black Orcs will make them say "Black Orcs".

A noob's question...Were not all the voices already compiled for the facial features before the 1.4? (In Russian, at least?)

http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?s...=480&start=480
    Last edited by LukSpain; January 03, 2011 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LukSpain View Post
    A noob's question...Were not all the voices already compiled for the facial features before the 1.4? (In Russian, at least?)

Russians had their own voice mod. There was an English voice mod in the works here on TWcenter and they tried getting help from Urkesh. It was never finished, probably because the leader (Kaliaeth Chillblade) disappeared. KainOfNosgoth recorded some voices for it, as mentioned earlier in this topic.
    Last edited by randir14; January 03, 2011 at 05:26 PM.