Page 9 of 351 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Battlefield 3

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    There's a big difference between someone who posts up in a spot for a couple of minutes and shoots people before moving on and someone who just goes to the same spot over and over and sits there shooting until he dies, spawns then goes right back. In real life you don't stay in one spot, but nor do you run around willy nilly like in COD4 or something. Snipers should NOT camp, it's stupid. Snipers don't do it in real life if they are shooting and it's not useful in game either. I always hate in BC2 how many lame asses that think they are good snipers that just do what I mentioned above, going to the same spot over and over, getting a kill or two, dying then going right back. There's no skill in that. I like how BC2 present the class as Recon and you got points from performing recon, but still so many idiots just going straight sniper without any recon part of it and sucking. Disgusting. I hope there is a class limit, even though it irritates me when idiots like that take the sniper/recon class. It's better than having a team of idiots thinking they are Carlos Hathcock or watched the movie Shooter too many times.

Again, I have no issues with someone who moves somewhat tactically. They take a spot, hold it a few minutes, kill some people and then move on. That to me isn't camping. But if you just sit in the same spot for long, drawn out periods of time then yeah you are a camper and you suck.
    Snipers in real life wait for hours and days for their shot. I'm not promoting camping I'm just saying that thats a false statement.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by My Little Pony View Post
    Snipers in real life wait for hours and days for their shot. I'm not promoting camping I'm just saying that thats a false statement.
    but do they go back to that spot once they get killed ? I think not.
    Patronized by Hader.

Quote Originally Posted by My Little Pony View Post
    To take their shot. They don't sit there for hours and days after they've fired the shot. That's how they get killed. Besides that a primary job of a sniper isn't even shooting people, it's scouting. That's why they're called Scout/Snipers and are in Surveillance and Target Acquisition Platoons. That's why BC2 is nice because it has the recon element there to use, but barely anyone does cause they think they are good at sniping. Anyways, it's not a false statement but good try.

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

To take their shot. They don't sit there for hours and days after they've fired the shot. That's how they get killed. Besides that a primary job of a sniper isn't even shooting people, it's scouting. That's why they're called Scout/Snipers and are in Surveillance and Target Acquisition Platoons. That's why BC2 is nice because it has the recon element there to use, but barely anyone does cause they think they are good at sniping. Anyways, it's not a false statement but good try.
    snipers that stay at the same place after their kill will be vulnerable because other ppl will know where the shot came from, that's what/why they do in real life. it you only had one life per round, then i bet most snipers would change their place. but since you have respawns, they stay there and kill as many as they can before they die... You just cant simulate real life in this case. it's more productive to stay in a place and kill 5 guys and then die instead of killing one guy, changing place, killing another, changin.... oh, the round has ended.
    [IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    snipers that stay at the same place after their kill will be vulnerable because other ppl will know where the shot came from, that's what/why they do in real life. it you only had one life per round, then i bet most snipers would change their place. but since you have respawns, they stay there and kill as many as they can before they die... You just cant simulate real life in this case. it's more productive to stay in a place and kill 5 guys and then die instead of killing one guy, changing place, killing another, changin.... oh, the round has ended.
    That's really not true, if kill cams are on.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    Funny because I shift positions frequently and kill way more than all the other tards that just hang out in one spot over and over. Besides we aren't just talking snipers camping here, there are more than just that they are just the worst offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookah Smoking Caterpiller View Post
    That's really not true, if kill cams are on.
    well, that's not realistic is it? i at least like a realistic type of gameplay.
    [IMG]

Funny because I shift positions frequently and kill way more than all the other tards that just hang out in one spot over and over. Besides we aren't just talking snipers camping here, there are more than just that they are just the worst offenders.
    look, what i'm trying to say with all these is that i dont mind camping, if it's usefull to the objective/team. Camping in a building with view to a objective, or to a vital area where the enemy passes, as long as it's usefull, i dont have a problem with it.

I myself never camp too long in one place. usualy i dont camp at all. i prefer squad gameplay, where we try and stop the enemy before he reaches the objective. I just hate ppl bashing most "campers" when they are beeing usefull (again, not all are "usefull").
    [IMG]

When is this coming out ?

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

Probably around Christmas time
    Proud American

Oh thats nice!

Got time to get a new computer...

Do they have any gameplay video¿? (Searched the thread yesterday but couldnt find any)

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by eddy_purpus View Post
    Do they have any gameplay video¿? (Searched the thread yesterday but couldnt find any)
    there are barely 3 ingame pics about it atm.

they also said that on Pc it will run only on Windows 7. Have that in mind if you're getting a new one.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxos View Post
    but do they go back to that spot once they get killed ? I think not.
    LMAO
    in real life when u get killed that's is it . game over lol

i can't believe no one spot this

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post

they also said that on Pc it will run only on Windows 7. Have that in mind if you're getting a new one.
    What seriously? Only on 7? And does that mean BC3 is coming to XBOX as well? I like shooters on consols more but I do enjoy the mods and user made extra maps on the PC.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    What seriously? Only on 7? And does that mean BC3 is coming to XBOX as well? I like shooters on consols more but I do enjoy the mods and user made extra maps on the PC.
    BF3****** BC3 is something totally different.

Dx9 isn't supported anymore by Frostbite 2, so yea, he's right. Works on Vista though as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Yes its on xbox, and they said mod tools arent being released with the game. But the Pc is the main platform for the game.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

got the huge gameinformer article on it, its going to be better then any shooter ever made ever.....and ever

only on windows 7? negative. They only said xp wouldnt run it, so vista should be able to handle it.
    [IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    got the huge gameinformer article on it, its going to be better then any shooter ever made ever.....and ever
    Share share the info and pass pass the ammo (8)

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

1.64 player Multiplayer matches
    2.Graphics are on par with Crysis 2
    3.has singleplayer campaign(unlike BF2)
    4.Frostbite 2.0 allows full urban city maps with fully destructible environments(whole skyscrapers can come tumbling down)
    5.Integrated ANT engine allows for extremely realistic AI and player movements
    6.and most importantly, DICE for battlefield 3 has put PC players as first priority over console players
    Last edited by Jaketh; February 17, 2011 at 10:30 PM.