Page 7 of 351 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Default Re: Battlefield 3

I don't mind to much, even though I enjoyed PR for BF2 and First Strike for BF2142, I still played the vanilla games way more often.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Mangerman View Post
    I don't mind to much, even though I enjoyed PR for BF2 and First Strike for BF2142, I still played the vanilla games way more often.
    Good lord, you mean you play other games?!

This is a surefire sign of the apocolypse!

Comes Domesticorum

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...lefield-3.aspx

Looks like they'll be focusing on PC as the main system.

LordBiggums's Avatar Tiro

I'm not confident in regards to BF3. Firstly, all the BF's are almost he same game, secondly, the past like 4 major bf games have been in modern day, and thirdly, in general after the BC series I lost faith in DICE. It seems almost doomed to begin with, just more of the same stuff but jets and 64 players are back. Oh and I also don't like the frostbite engine.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by LordBiggums View Post
    I'm not confident in regards to BF3. Firstly, all the BF's are almost he same game, secondly, the past like 4 major bf games have been in modern day, and thirdly, in general after the BC series I lost faith in DICE. It seems almost doomed to begin with, just more of the same stuff but jets and 64 players are back. Oh and I also don't like the frostbite engine.
    Lol can you be any more negative? I mean, seriously now.

First of all, they've hardly been 'the same', I mean it's a franchise, obviously you won't change it up completely so it's a totally different game, I mean, what the hell is the point in it being a series then.

Secondly, Bad Company was a side series to the real series, it was never meant to step into the footsteps of BF2 or the previous games.

Thirdly, Battlefield is a class of its own, it invented pretty much the FPS 'complete battlefield' idea, of all types of combat going on at once, from the grunt on the ground to the pilot in the skies, to guys on an aircraft carrier. Every game added a lot onto their previous games.

Fourth, Frostbite engine is pretty revolutionary, especially 3.0 that's coming with BF3.

I mean, if you personally don't like it, fine, whatever, it's your right, but your post is just absurd, lol. I hope you be trawlin.

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post

OMG!!Check this out.I guess it means we are going to have day afternoon night in the same map
    unless it's during sunrise or sunset, it's unlikely. matches usually don't last longer than 30 minutes, unless the server admin changes the ticket count to an absurdly high amount. typically there wouldn't be time for a realistic change of daylight within a normal game, unless.. again it's during sunrise or sunset.
    however, what they could do is randomize the light conditions every time the server loads the map. could have the same map at night, morning, late afternoon. some variety and change of tactics. "oh, it's nighttime. time to change my load out to include NV goggles."

BUT, that was a video of the engine, not the game. my pessimistic self doubts that DICE will take the time to go this deep into natural lighting conditions. would be pretty nice though.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

yeah thats what i hope.to be able to choose the map time.

Just wondering since I first started this series with Bad Company 2 last year, is the story the continuation of Bad Company 2 or is this a different Battlefield series?

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

It's completely seperate from the Bad Company spin-offs. This is a continuation of the traditional Battlefield series that began with Battlefield 1942.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by ShADoW View Post
    Just wondering since I first started this series with Bad Company 2 last year, is the story the continuation of Bad Company 2 or is this a different Battlefield series?
    Different.

There hasn't been any single-player storyline for any of the previous Battlefield games.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

go buy bf2.its a unigue experience.one of the best fps games you will find.altough old it still kicks ass

go buy bf2.its a unigue experience.one of the best fps games you will find.altough old it still kicks ass
    +1, mods ftw
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well I remember hearing that Battlefield 3 was going to pick up where Bad Company 2 left off.

If such is true, I just shipizzed my pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Will BF3 have destructible buildings and if so how many of them cause that video showed some large multistory buildings... can they collapse?

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

I read that not all buildings will be destructable, (which is good, unless you want to turn a city map into a wasteland ofcourse)

, (unless you want to turn a city map into a wasteland ofcourse)
    Which I do

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

I read that not all buildings will be destructable, (which is good, unless you want to turn a city map into a wasteland ofcourse)
    From what i understood, the buildings that are not destructable still take damage.
    [IMG]

according to the game informer article i think you can destroy a 7 story building

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ML101 View Post
    according to the game informer article i think you can destroy a 7 story building
    in sp i bet. if it was on mp, you would see the entire 64 players rushing to the building just to destroy it :b
    [IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    in sp i bet. if it was on mp, you would see the entire 64 players rushing to the building just to destroy it :b
    Or destroying a building with the entire enemy team in it.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.