Page 5 of 351 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Battlefield 3

and bring back 64 player maps.i want to see the epic assaults with 3 attack helicopters and 4 armored vehicles from below bringing hell on earth.But i want it to be as bf2 not bc2.BC2 was good but i was an expert on BF2 in flying helis and staff and then tried to play like that in BC2 and i couldnt kill a thing.It feels so much different

Comes Domesticorum

As long as they have joystick support I'm good.

Hopefully the flight physics are improved too...

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    and bring back 64 player maps.i want to see the epic assaults with 3 attack helicopters and 4 armored vehicles from below bringing hell on earth.But i want it to be as bf2 not bc2.BC2 was good but i was an expert on BF2 in flying helis and staff and then tried to play like that in BC2 and i couldnt kill a thing.It feels so much different
    Aye they seem to be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by GameInformer
    Most of the hard information is being kept under wraps for the cover story, but here's some declassified intel for you: Several standout features that defined Battlefield 2 return to the fold, including 64-player multiplayer on PC, jets, and the ability to go prone. What other features do you hope to see in Battlefield 3?

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Teaser trailer might have been leaked already:

http://kotaku.com/5751652/did-the-ba...yline=true&s=i
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

if that really is it, I'm disappointed.
    No.

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

64 player maps and jets are back, that just made my day
    Proud American

Decanus

It's a teaser, it did what it was suppose to do, to tease...

Great news though, being able to drag your team mates, 64 player, jets, big and open maps, etc, etc. I hope they'll limit the weapons of the sides again like in a real BF game, not like a CoD/BC2 game where you could have any weapon you unlock on any side, what would be nice, if the Frostbite 2.0 destruction was more realistic this time around, but from the cover art, it might be so.

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

I think it was with medal of honour i can sign up for the bet afor battlefield 3 and still havnt got around to it... i cant wait for it.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

Hopefully it plays like BF2 did. It should be a strong competitor against CoD. BC2 is already a strong contender.

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

"Here's a list of all the things thus far that have been guaranteed for Battlefield 3 by DICE/EA or reputable representatives. We'll be expanding this list as time goes on.

The following items are in Battlefield 3!
    Quote:
    * Prone
    * Jets
    * 64 Players for PC
    * 24 Players for consoles
    * Modern/Urban combat across the globe including Tehran, Paris, and New York
    * Vehicle warfare (including sea)
    * Destruction
    * Drag fallen teammates to safety
    * Single player campaign
    * USMC, EU, Russian, and MEC (or variant) factions
    * No Windows XP support
    * PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3
    * Battlefield 3 Limited edition copy announced at GDC '11"

yes yes yes yes yes! D D D
    [IMG]

Fratyinside's Avatar Ducenarius

OMG. I want this game now. Jets are awesome.

I wish they could create something like titan mode from 2142 which I LOVED. I guess rush is kind of like that in Bad Company 2 (without the actual titan obviously) but I just loved hiding in the little vents of the titans and killing enemies as they dropped down into them.

Plus. The vehicles were awesome.

"Altsċ, det er jo sċdan mere inden for de, for de, inden for murene, sċ det, vedkommende der, og ĉhhh, altsċ det... det" - Kronprins Frederik af Danmark

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'd love it if they gave you selectable firemodes with auto-fire being wildly inaccurate but handy for WTF moments in CQB and semi and burst being the mainstay in regular combat.
    That way we can finally do away with the silly COD-like system of some weapons being semi, some being auto, some being burst and actually use the weapons as they're supposed to be used
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Comes Domesticorum

It was like watching a Project Reality trailer.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I find it funny how a lot of the things people are demanding here to be in BF3... were already standard options in BF2. I doubt DICE will suddenly get rid of them.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

This is great!! Maybe we can finally get fast-roping off of choppers I remember when they announced that early for BF2 and then they cut it out later because they couldn't do it! Should be epic I hope they bring back some old BF2 maps or 1942 maps haha Wake Island 2012???

Noooo ! I want 64 players on console as well

But it looks awesome

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

64 players is to small. Come on dice you know you want at least 200 player maps.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

I'm very much looking forward to the next GameInformer!
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Definitely looking forward to this, haven't been able to stop BF2 since I've bought it on release. call of duty, this series owns.

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

I wasn't especially looking forward this game until I saw this list

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    "Here's a list of all the things thus far that have been guaranteed for Battlefield 3 by DICE/EA or reputable representatives. We'll be expanding this list as time goes on.

The following items are in Battlefield 3!
    Quote:
    * Prone
    * Jets
    * 64 Players for PC
    * 24 Players for consoles
    * Modern/Urban combat across the globe including Tehran, Paris, and New York
    * Vehicle warfare (including sea)
    * Destruction
    * Drag fallen teammates to safety
    * Single player campaign
    * USMC, EU, Russian, and MEC (or variant) factions
    * No Windows XP support
    * PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3
    * Battlefield 3 Limited edition copy announced at GDC '11"

yes yes yes yes yes! D D D

These are the facts that made me interested.

* Prone: Well this is a good start
    * Jets: Great! I loved flying in BF2
    * Modern/Urban combat across the globe including Tehran, Paris, and New York: This sounds interesting, I'm hope we see many European locations
    * Vehicle warfare (including sea): So will we see destroyers and maybe submarines, just like in BF2? And I hope there will be more variety between land vehicles than in BC2
    * Destruction: This is good, but I hope the destruction engine doesn't make the game too 'heavy', and there should be some buildings that can be only partially destroyed
    * Drag fallen teammates to safety: This is sounds nice, just like we practiced it in the army
    * USMC,EU, Russian, and MEC (or variant) factions: Previously I thought BF3 will only feature US and MEC, but including four (4) different factions is just great! I especially like the fact that European forces are in, but would have liked to see Chinese PLA as well.

Overall I'm now looking forward to this game. I hope we will see some screenshots and gameplay videos soon.