Page 4 of 351 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Default Re: Battlefield 3

anyone who's still using Vista over 7 is a glutton for punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    anyone who's still using Vista over 7 is a glutton for punishment.
    or are to cheap to upgrade, which is the category I fall into.

Nah, that's still Masochism.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

damn i guess I wont be able to play it on my computer Can someone give me 2000€ ?
    Patronized by Hader.

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

i may have to change the graphics card and add 2 gigs of ram for this game.. not that my card is bad, but i want it to run it on max.
    Last edited by Numenor; January 04, 2011 at 09:22 PM.
    [IMG]

Comes Domesticorum

Dx 10 will be supported, but it will be optimized for 11.

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

Looks like I need to get Windows 7 at some point...
    Proud American

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Doono View Post
    As long as it returns to it's roots of at least 64 players all will be fantastic, to be honest im surprised games arn't consistantly supporting several hundered at a time yet. The tech is there they just need to embrace it.
    I remember initial reports on BF2 saying they would support 50 v 50 game-modes. I think it's just down to the servers themselves - I guess they just can't handle it at the moment.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Imperial's Avatar Primicerius

Joint Ops could handle 150 players............well, sometimes.

Warband can handle +200

It's all about the server and the networking. The problem with lots of players is the ping skyrocketing. It's already bad enough with 25 players.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Windows 7 is cheap if you need to pay for it. Likely if you are a student or you work in IT you should be able to get it for free. Where I used to work we had a MSDN subscription and we got 7 for free.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-754-_-Product
    $99

Cheapest Windows in years.

7 uses less ram as well, you may be able to play this with 2 gigs if thats what you have if you upgrade. Or put in a flash card and use the flash memory->ram feature. It works very well.

When I was in college you could of got vista for like $40. Check that out if you are in school.
    Last edited by Kanaric; January 05, 2011 at 08:33 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Or high school. Also, you can always get Windows Server 2008 for free from DreamSpark if you're a student, and a few quick customization options, and voila! It's just like Windows 7!

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Hopefully since this is branded as a pure Battlefield title, it will feature many vehicles, large maps, and 64 player battles.
    still waiting for a decent MMOFPS that had fights on a scale of Planetside's battles. considering that game came out lightyears ago in tech terms, one such as me orgasms at the thoughts of what could be done today.

64 is too limited for my epic scope.

If you don't like Win7 you can always stick to XP and play BC2 until a better Windows comes out
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor
    No.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I hope they make Infantry a bit more valuable in the next BF. I always felt so useless in BF2 and travel times sucked donkeyballs when your teammates forgot to give lifts.

Could be because I rather sucked though.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

looking forward to it even tho it wont work in my pc, and.. the cover looks ALOT like BC2's..
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I'm hoping that BFBC2 is viewed as a "separate game series" and none of its new features are introduced to BF3.

I would like to see some BF2142 features in BF3, such as a game mode maybe similar to Titan mode which I thought was fun and nerfing jets.

Everything else I pretty much want BF3. Engineers with machine guns, medics with nerfed assault rifles (no grenade launcher), assault WITHOUT ammo giving ability, no hot key knife, give back prone, increase weapon damage overall, add in nerfs to short range quickscoping with rifles, keep noob tube nerfs from either 2142 or BFBC2. Get rid of higher levels = better ways to kill (magnum ammunition, vastly superior guns, etc). Add back faction specific weapons, I dont want to be fighting Russians armed with M16s and Americans armed with AN94s.

Really so long as it is an exact clone of BF2 with some balancing of vehicles I will be happy.

I hope they make Infantry a bit more valuable in the next BF. I always felt so useless in BF2 and travel times sucked donkeyballs when your teammates forgot to give lifts
    I never had problems except on the largest of maps with this. I think they just need to, on such maps, decrease the spawn time of transport vehicles.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post
    the day has come

Comes Domesticorum

I just hope they're not going to make this a small map type game, like CoD or BC2. I don't mind these games, just think BF should be keeping to BF.