Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bellum Crucis 6.1 mod for Kingdoms is finally out !!!

Default Re: Bellum Crucis 6.1 mod for Kingdoms is finally out !!!

great one SHREDDER! Thanks for the translation, this will help a lot! This is what Bellum Crucis needs on my opinion....translation, translation and...translation!Now also spanish and russian, great work!

Great!!!!
    They will be all included for sure!
    Stay tuned for more details about the 6.2 version, coming soon!

6.2 version preview here:
    http://mtwitalia.freeforumzone.leona...px?idd=9655017

Stay tuned for more news during the next days!!!

Fantastic work!!

New Spanish translation beta 0.55
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QO3TGNZ4

Regards

Lord Cunami's Avatar Tiro

OK

I really want to play this mod. I'm thinking to spend some time and start translating using the previous translated English version and some Google translating.
    Can a mod like this be translated using Google? I absolutely speak no Italian.
    What is the best way to go about translating? Is there an assembled team that is working on translation already? If there is one then is there anything that I could do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cunami View Post
    OK

I really want to play this mod. I'm thinking to spend some time and start translating using the previous translated English version and some Google translating.
    Can a mod like this be translated using Google? I absolutely speak no Italian.
    What is the best way to go about translating? Is there an assembled team that is working on translation already? If there is one then is there anything that I could do?

Thanks
    Hi Lord Cunami!
    If you want to start translating Bellum Crucis you can look for someone else interested and then build up a team of English-language users! It should be great!
    In any case, if you need help visit our forum (just click on my signature) and leave a message!
    You could also use the Spanish or even the Russian translations!

Quote Originally Posted by Il Cavaliere Verde View Post
    Hi Lord Cunami!
    If you want to start translating Bellum Crucis you can look for someone else interested and then build up a team of English-language users! It should be great!
    In any case, if you need help visit our forum (just click on my signature) and leave a message!
    You could also use the Spanish or even the Russian translations!
    Hello Cavaliere Verde
    Can you please tell me which files need to be translated. I know that most of them are in the 'text' folder. Are there any files in other folders.
    Thank you

I ask again if anyone will join me in a effort to translate this wonderful mod. I would be using online translation tools such as google.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I present a trailer I made for Bellum Crucis and my submod for it!
    I really liked the trailer. Your animations really made the battles luke more violent and real.

I think that a little team of italian guys (I think 4 to 6 people) should start to translate in english this mod once the 6.2 version will be out, I think that help from english speaken people will be kindly accepted; aniway, always refer to Il Cavaliere Verde 'cause he's part of the team.

I have decided to start the translation this weekend.
    I'm thinking I will use BC 5.0 English Translation as a base.
    Once files have been done I was hoping to send them to Cavaliere Verde for checking and approval.
    My problem is that I dont speak Italian so I will use online translation tools. Hopefully, it will work.
    Cavaliere Verde, would you be ok with this?
    Thanks

I have decided to start the translation this weekend.
    I'm thinking I will use BC 5.0 English Translation as a base.
    Once files have been done I was hoping to send them to Cavaliere Verde for checking and approval.
    My problem is that I dont speak Italian so I will use online translation tools. Hopefully, it will work.
    Cavaliere Verde, would you be ok with this?
    Thanks
    Sure!
    Don't worry, if you have any kind of problems you can always post in our forum (even in English! ) or ask for help from some Italian users: your work will certainly be useful!
    About the files, download the Spanish or the Russian translation and you'll see them

Sure!
    Don't worry, if you have any kind of problems you can always post in our forum (even in English! ) or ask for help from some Italian users: your work will certainly be useful!
    About the files, download the Spanish or the Russian translation and you'll see them
    Wonderful

Is there a date of 6.2 release? Should I wait till it comes out?

Thank you

Wonderful

Is there a date of 6.2 release? Should I wait till it comes out?

Thank you
    We are still testing and correcting some features, we don't know how much time this will take
    In any case you can start translating, there will be few text modifications, and we are putting them at the end of the files...

We are still testing and correcting some features, we don't know how much time this will take
    In any case you can start translating, there will be few text modifications, and we are putting them at the end of the files...
    Great,

I have registered an account at Italian Medieval TW site and will post my progress there as well.

Thanks

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    LOL!I feel your pressure
    No translation no fans no people playing = dead mod

Seriously. If i was you guys i'd translate this mod with urgency, because here i see a situation like Rtw Casus Belli with people or fans asking for a translation, modders saying "we'll translate it in a future" well knowing that there's no will to translate at all and hoping in some english bilanguage volunteer to do the dirty job for you, with people abandoning this mod to play other mods because they dont know Italian and they dont want to lose time for things like these they dont understand.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post

Seriously. If i was you guys i'd translate this mod with urgency, because here i see a situation like Rtw Casus Belli with people or fans asking for a translation, modders saying "we'll translate it in a future" well knowing that there's no will to translate at all and hoping in some english bilanguage volunteer to do the dirty job for you, with people abandoning this mod to play other mods because they dont know Italian and they dont want to lose time for things like these they dont understand.

Seriously.
    Sorry Davide, but the team clearly said several times that has no time to translate Bellum but if there is anyone interested, he could do it of course!
    The Spanish and Russian translators have done the "dirty job for us" only because they appreciate the mod, not waiting for the initiative of the official team... This shows that Bellum Crucis has fans all around the world (even in Turkey!) and that is not a "dead mod"!
    I don't understand why they did it while the English-language users, if interested, can't do it!
    Everybody, no matter whether English or Italian, is welcome!

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

I don't understand why they did it while the English-language users, if interested, can't do it!
    Lazy
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

Seriously.
    I don't want to misunderstand your post Davide but it seems to be a little bit out of the way; aniway, I was in the italian team (even if for a small part of the "dirty job") that has translated TATW in italian, and I join the team that translate BC 6.2 once the new version will be out; although, while we all are waiting for the new 6.2 (seen some new features really amazing...) you can easily join Lord Cunami's effort to translate the last version, and looking at your nick it won't be probably so difficult

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Seriously.

Agreed, 100 percent. The team cant pander about with this sort of thing- its a life or death decision for the mods popularity. Want to know something ? I hadnt even heard of "bellum crucis" before happening upon this thread. Im willing to wager 80% of the people on this site have not played this mod. Want to know why ? For the exact reason davide posted.

Also, no, we cant just "go help" if we dont speak italian. Presumably we could use the russian or spanish translations as bases, but thats generally unwise (translating a translation = sure to lose alot of what the mod was attempting to say). Also, while I cannot speak for everyone here, I have a life, and i have several projects, both real and mod-based in nature, and I wont just drop everything to do some other mods hard work without getting some recognition for it, and even then, I wouldnt, since i dont know Italian. The sad thing is i am sure within a week or two of this getting a big flashly "HOSTED MOD" space/forum here on twc, you would see ALOT more interest and translation- much like what happened to call of warhammer.

Edit here: Unless you think we should use idiotic web translation programs like google translate or babelfish, if that IS what you guys are suggesting, how about you stop telling people to go help and instead try it out for yourself. Yeah, go and try to translate all the mods text with a broken program and see how much of it you'll be able to understand.

Actually call of warhammer is a good example here. Thats a very successful mod enjoyed by many, and half of that is because it was translated in english, and hosted here. On TWC. So people can actually hear about it and see a dedicated forum with alot of information instead of a sad thread in the released mods forum (which is more or less dead, judging by the frequency of posts compared to a hotter section of the site).

I made the case before here and ill make it again. If the BC team does not get moving with translation efforts, BC will exist in the fringes of the TW community. One cannot simply dismiss the english speaking community and think that ones mod will be just as recognized and important as, say, stainless steel. Because honestly stainless steel is by far, more famous and influential than broken crescent, if only because it actually has a presence here and in english.
    Last edited by Massive_attack; February 18, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAMO72 View Post
    I don't want to misunderstand your post Davide but it seems to be a little bit out of the way; aniway, I was in the italian team (even if for a small part of the "dirty job") that has translated TATW in italian, and I join the team that translate BC 6.2 once the new version will be out; although, while we all are waiting for the new 6.2 (seen some new features really amazing...) you can easily join Lord Cunami's effort to translate the last version, and looking at your nick it won't be probably so difficult
    I'm going to agree with MAMO here. Although I would give anything for an English translation I respect the BC team in their decision. They have released an English manual and once I read it and started up the game I realized that the mod is miles better than anything we have here on twc (yes including famous SS). The unit graphics, the gameplay as well as historical accuracy are dead on.
    Now, I dont see why a group of us from TWC cannot team together and work on translation. If BC has put so much time and effort in creating the mod then surely some of us from twc (especially the ones that do not mod currently) can sacrify some time and work on translation.
    I'm again asking for any volunteers who are interested in playing this mod to join me. Take a text file and start translating as much as your time permits. When we run into problems in translating certain text or phrases, I'm sure that BC team would help us out. Once we are done we'll release it, get the credits and start to truly enjoy Bellum Crucis.

cheers