Page 9 of 277 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Praeses

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

That's hilarious, I'm sigging that.

While we're telling stories, me and my bro were at a park, and I was helping some kids get on the deck thing to get onto the flying fox. While I'm helping this kid get up, my brother, at the other end, had the flying fox (Big metal thing) and swung it real hard to this end, and as I turned around to call for him to pass it to me, it smashed me in the face.

Wasn't a happy ending for him though.
    Last edited by Visorslash; January 07, 2011 at 05:45 AM.

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post
    Years back me and my mate were using a car wheel trim as a frisbee, some old clunky, heavy thick plastic thing covered in oil and crap! Anyways, instead of chucking it at the passing cars (as was the rules of the game) my mate chucks it at me. Seeing this thing aiming straight for my head, he panics and yells out "Johnny" and as i look round its like the whole world goes in slow motion and all i see is the spinning disc of death aiming straight for my head. Then in the split seconds that followed, my mate finished his sentence by shouting "QUACK" and as a confused look crossed my face whilst i tried deciphering this command, the bloody wheel trim smacked my head and cut me pretty deep, as well as nearly knock me on my arse! My mate, in his concern, laughed his tits off and when he finally could control himself he said to me "sorry i meant duck, not quack"!

The ass kicking i gave him meant he wasnt my mate for a few years after that!

Funny thing is, when we started talking again, the deleted all my Pokemon Red data from my Gameboy, so i strangled the little until he passed out!

Dunno why i posted all that mind, i think this talk of weird things for frisbees took me back!
    Awesome!! +rep
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    That's hilarious, I'm sigging that.

While we're telling stories, me and my bro were at a park, and I was helping some kids get on the deck thing to get onto the flying fox. While I'm helping this kid get up, my brother, at the other end, had the flying fox (Big metal thing) and swung it real hard to this end, and as I turned around to call for him to pass it to me, it smashed me in the face.

Wasn't a happy ending for him though.
    Ahhhhh. parks!

For awhile when i was about 6 we lived in this house that backed onto fields and forests. Alleys and gulleys had been put in everywhere to allow locals access to the fields and what have you, but it started getting used more by joyriders burning out stolen cars, so the local councils solution was to put "pockets" or "clusters" of trees all over the field, and as my neighbours had a car smash through there fence into there backyard, the council also lined the rear of all our houses with loads of trees.

Anyways, all these trees, right at the end of our back gardens, me and all the other kids as well as my sister used to spend all day over there, climbing them, building dens and all sorts and during the summer holidays we would stay out until like 10pm when it started getting dark. To us, it was great, to some miserable sod who lived 3 doors up from me, it was an annoyance as he claimed the noise we made disturbed his cockateels (he used to breed them), so he decided to smear our favourite tree, the easiest one to climb with the thickets, strongest boughs, in engine oil! Layers and layers of the stuff, slippery as hell!

Being kids, and what must have pissed him right off, we simply saw it as a challenge and the tree even become know locally between kids, with a sort of challenge and bragging attached to it like "i climbed to the top of the Oil Tree" or "i wish i could get past 3rd branch on the Oil Tree". Yup, we even named it! lol

So, one day, my mate David and me decided we were going to climb it ourselves. Until this point, we had been denied the chance by our parents and my sister, who 3 years older would physically deny us for "our safety coz we were to little". Anyways, us two 6 year olds stood there this one day, confident we could conquer this tree and so we start climbing.

Me, being a chubby little sod, couldnt even pull myself up onto the first branch, but my mate managed to get halfway up and was still going. I stood there, slightly jealous, but willing him on all the same to reach the top. So, he slowly starts moving higher and he must be about 9 or 10 feet up by now although at the time it seemed like he was as high up as a house, and then the reason why it was called the Oil Tree came to fruition.

Stretching up to reach for support, he slipped good and proper, and i mean like cartoon style "feet go higher than head" slip, and his head smacked onto the branch he was stood on, flipping him forwards and he tumbled all the way down to my feet, the only thing slowing him was his stomach getting caught on a protruding branch, ripping it open and i swear i could see intestines or something.

Crapping myself, thinking we would be in trouble for climbing the Oil Tree, i ran and hid in a den for a little bit, and it was only when i saw he was laying still and hadnt gotten up or even cried i went and told my mum.

So, he ended up with concussion and needed his stomach stitched or stapled (dont remember which now) and he has the scar from it for life.

The morale of this story ...... dont climb trees covered in oil!

(wow, this thread is getting more and more like some therapy session over here )

Praeses

Holy crap. That's kind of funny?

I remember in kindy, they brought a cow and killed it and showed us what was inside and what it did, etc.

Probably cause I lived in Cunnamulla. (Desert Town.)

goro's Avatar Tribunus

childhood memories the best of them all
    time seemed to go much slower when i was a child...

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

I like Stronghold Crusader but i never played it online.
    Im doing Hotseats and Lets Play Campaigns,
    check me out on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVA..._B_BC6YbudjfBA

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    childhood memories the best of them all
    time seemed to go much slower when i was a child...
    Yeah!

I seemed to spent all my childhood wishing i was an adult, now i am i wish i was a child again!

Much simpler when ya young, only worries is is it raining and who was coming out!

goro's Avatar Tribunus

no i wasnt thinking like that.most of children do think like that and they try to behave like adults from early age.but everyone has the child still inside him.

Yeah, i try and tell my missus that but she wont believe it!

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post
    only worries is is it raining
    Never worried about that
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

goro's Avatar Tribunus

it depends on where you live .

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Its always raining here in holland
    Will and act until victory

goro's Avatar Tribunus

watch this

how do americans see europe

Quote Originally Posted by Desley View Post
    Its always raining here in holland
    Same here in Wales! I dont mind though, it makes the Leeks grow and gives the Lamb loads of fresh grass to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    watch this

how do americans see europe

LMAO! Smelly people! Hee hee!

goro's Avatar Tribunus

this one got more details

WHY DONT THE BASTARD YANKS EVER SEE WALES! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I hate that, when i speak to an american and they ask where im from, and when i tell them they say "oh Wales, isnt that in England"!

Its like saying to a Palestinian "Oh, Palestine is in Israel, right?"

goro's Avatar Tribunus

i only knew that there were was a country called wales because of football games and then total war .i knew the name but not what it was when i was small

Well, end of this year when we win Rugby World Cup everyone will know our name! Muahahahahaha!

goro's Avatar Tribunus

i dont watch rugby and i believe most of south europe doesnt

yeah, i heard south europe is full of lady boys who prefer football! Apparantly, football is softer on your nails and not as many get broken!