Page 51 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5526

Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Quote Originally Posted by [Celtíbero]Mencey View Post
    I liked Gaugamela battle in Alexander movie. That was awesome.
    That battle was good, although the rest of the film was pants!

My favourite historical films are Kingdom of Heaven, and of course, Zulu!

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Incontinenta Buttox♔ View Post
    That battle was good, although the rest of the film was pants!

My favourite historical films are Kingdom of Heaven,
    aaa Kingdom of Heaven= 8
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

I like the battles in Braveheart

Will and act until victory

goro's Avatar Tribunus

yeah braveheart is epic

braveheart has epic background battles...next time u watch it,just take a look at the background...u will laugh sooo f hard...
    but yea good move...
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."

goro's Avatar Tribunus

lol yeah i know that.after 10th time i watched it i looked at the soldiers fighting like they are playing a game or like kids .hilarious

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Mel Gibson and his accent spoil braveheart for me! At start he sounds sorta scottish, but by end of film its like crocodile dundee with blue facepaint on!

goro's Avatar Tribunus

who cares??i dont even know how scottish speak like.ive heard a few talk but i dont know that much to have it spoiled because of a small change in the accent

freeeedoooom...

O yea u must watch south park,when they make fun of Mel Gibson...damn...

Mel Gibson doesn't like us poms very much does he?

goro's Avatar Tribunus

poms?

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Russel Crowe is another cheeky sod, man comes to Wales to shoot Robin Hood movie, and insults our Capital city, the Hilton Hotel here, and demands he be accomadated in London as Wales isnt good enough!

The irony is, its Russel Crowe ffs, if it was someone important, or someone who actually does something worthwhile it wouldnt be so bad, but a bullying thug...guys a dickhead!

On about Mel Gibson, to give him his credit i absolutely love Passion of the Christ, one of my fave films. I got the missus to watch it with me, first she was like "meh, the bible in film, whats the matter with you? It will be crap! Ahhh, i hate subtitles, this film sucks"..... 45 minutes into the film she is quoting scriptures to me and telling me what should be happening next if its really accurate!

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post
    Mel Gibson and his accent spoil braveheart for me! At start he sounds sorta scottish, but by end of film its like crocodile dundee with blue facepaint on!
    I can't tell about the accent, but what spoiled braveheart for me was an around fifty years old man playing an around twenty year old guy...
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

I hate movies that have my language in it...I just can not folow the movie...
    sooo subtitles ftw...!

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

What ruined the movie for me was that they made a traitor and a weakling of Robert the Bruce...

He was the greatest King Scotland ever had, and people who have only seen the movie Braveheart now think bad of him
    Will and act until victory

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    poms?
    Poms - Australian & New Zealand Offensive Slang. Used as a disparaging term for the English.

Praeses

Yeah, we call you buggers that.

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Incontinenta Buttox♔ View Post
    Poms - Australian & New Zealand Offensive Slang. Used as a disparaging term for the English.
    Colonials, Convicts British offensive slang, Used as a disparaging term for the Ozzie's and Kiwi's
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Praeses

Don't hear that much though. You hear Poms a lot in Oz.