Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

We are just about to start but two ppl decided to not participate after all http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...LAST-SPOT-OPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Fernandez_1492 View Post
    How about a 2v2 hs.
    1 faction controls all land troops
    And the second faction controls the Navy.
    Ex
    Spain controls land troops. Spain can recruit like one ship per stack that it wants to transport.
    Portugal controls all ships. Portugal would recruit the rest of the ships needed to safely guide the spanish.

Amd maybe a third faction could do something else. Like perhaps finance spains war vs france or whoever. Maybe Turks. Like in Lepanto. We could call this the Holy League hs.

So i guess Spain and other catholic factioms vs ottoman empires.

Spain is main faction. The others, like papal, Portugal qnd France would only be support or ancillary factions. They can not expand or enter into land wars with turks. Perhaps a rule of mercenary units from each supporting faction. Littlr help tho. Not much.

So spain is main aggressor. Controls all land troops.
    Portugal supports with navies only.
    France and pope support financially only.
    Supporting factions can not expand.

Soemone help me with more ideas. Lol

And of couree turks would have their own supporting factions.
    Seems a bit pointless imo... Portugal would need more land to afford more and better ships if you cant expand you cant do anything and its just boring imo. You also cant really support financially if your finances are crap because you cant expand. Its just a HS that fun for 1 person and the others... are just there for him...

A catholic vs islam HS with both having main and supporting factions is perfectly fine but there is already a mod for this called Hispania in the middle ages. Sadly, it kinda sucks for HotSeating without any work done to it.

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

I realize I have been late quite a lot lately. I am in a lot of them since I used to have plenty of time to do them, though sometimes they take hours too do and I am a bit short on time and such lately. I feel pretty bad holding them up and such, and I will really try to start getting them done much quicker, always on time, etc.

"I have never advocated war, except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cjm81499/ <--- my Steam profile (add me if you'd like)

Gaming Emeritus

Kingdom of Daggerfall replacement is needed here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Tamriel-II-TES
    Decent armies and economy. Together with its allies from Orsinium they are trying to conquer Hammerfall from The Redguards

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Hello all! Rep to my friend Blastoise for making us a sig bar on his own accord! Feel free to use! -

(Link is in the smiley)

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks Frosty. I hope all of you guys enjoy it!

Gaming Emeritus

A Bavaria replacement is needed here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post15091684

The Counter king Rudolf of Rheinfelden, supported by pope Gregorius, is trying to overthrow The Roman King Henry IV who has been excommunicated. Rudolf has powerful army, but he is surrounded by his enemies in Saxony. The battle is unavoidable. House Welf of Bavaria supports The Counter king, they are trying to break through enemy lines in Nurnberg to join their king. Not suitable for a newblood, RP HS.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...I-Gaming-Group
    In the King of Kings hotseat, England is once again open. Holds the whole british isles and have major military and economy power. Suitable for all players.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Gaming Emeritus

Shreky left so a NB spot opened in main section
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreklayers View Post

War of Newbloods - Novgorod - Going strong with holdings in the north and south, naval super power.
    With few other ppl leaving/dropping some of their hotseats we have plenty of open spots now, so if you are looking for a spot check Hotseat Recruitment daily as we are adding open spots. Or PM me and Ill find you something

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

There is a new open spot in the The True King: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-SS6-4-HotSeat

Hungary become open. They are at war with Poland with little success so far and they are on the defensive.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Grand Campaign 2 - Retrofit HS http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...itMP-HS/page14 - Hungary - It is early in the hs and they are currently attacking Poland, they are not at war with any human factions.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    A Bavaria replacement is needed here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post15091684

The Counter king Rudolf of Rheinfelden, supported by pope Gregorius, is trying to overthrow The Roman King Henry IV who has been excommunicated. Rudolf has powerful army, but he is surrounded by his enemies in Saxony. The battle is unavoidable. House Welf of Bavaria supports The Counter king, they are trying to break through enemy lines in Nurnberg to join their king. Not suitable for a newblood, RP HS.
    We still require someone who likes the Oktoberfest

cmon, looks fun right?

also, we need a new player for the counter king, ya know, like this guy.

you get to boss around a lot of factions here, experience required though. also, you are friends with the guys who run the Oktoberfest, what could go wrong?

WIP map_regions of the mod I'm making. Western half of map is going to have a second, smaller continent, with a large number of islands between them.

I am the Air Bud of Total War

Gaming Emeritus

Nice job Ventos! How many factions will be there?

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post

We still require someone who likes the Oktoberfest

cmon, looks fun right?

also, we need a new player for the counter king, ya know, like this guy.

you get to boss around a lot of factions here, experience required though. also, you are friends with the guys who run the Oktoberfest, what could go wrong?
    We also need Dukedom of Poland ( might become Kingdom of Poland). They have blood alliance with House Přemyslid of Bohemia and they support Roman King Henry against The Fat King above and the pope. However, their main enemy is Kingdom of Hungary that is main rival of the faction.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

I don't know about modding but i can make test runs anytime to see if there are some bugged things or ctd actions.

Eventually, 18 playable factions and 6 emergent factions planned, with 5 open expansion slots to be used for other mergers/breakaways and possibly a second fae faction in the southwestern ocean.

Playable factions:

Kingdom of Kanotch: An ancient, proud, and isolationist kingdom separated from the rest of the continent by the treacherous Ogre Mountains and the raging White RIver. Its traditional stability has recently been called into question by unrest over the current King’s aggressive closed-border policy in the midst of a famine.

Dominion of Highthrone: A small but fearfully respected nation of raiders and goat herders dwelling high in the Ogre Mountains and giving them their name. They were forced into vassalage to Kanotch over a century ago, but have always chafed against foreign rule, and see an opportunity in their overlord’s crisis.

Beranian Freeholds: Semi-independent city states built along a string of volcanic oases in the otherwise inhospitably cold island of Berania. Originally settled as mining colonies of Borend, their isolation and great mineral wealth have allowed them to operate independently in pursuit of their own agendas.

Borendan League: A powerful association of city-states located between the White and Brown rivers, formed centuries ago in response to the Delrosian subjugation of Rosantia, to prevent the same from happening to them. They are united by a common cultural identity and their people will fight fiercely to protect it.

Empire of Delrose: The mightiest power on the continent, controlling nearly all of the land east of the Blue River. It recently triumphed over its Galvasian rival to the south, but now finds its military power stretched thin, between conflict with Perigan over control of the Great Lake and resistance within its conquered provinces.

Duchy of Morhelv: One of two surviving provinces of the former Empire of Galvas, now independent after its successful resistance to Delrosine invasion, led by the former Duchess. All is not well, however, as her son is a far weaker ruler, and dark forces have begun to organize within the deep forests.

Duchy of Naam: The second of Galvas’ former provinces to remain independent, shielded from the war by its Morhelvan allies to the east. Naam has never been a major player in world politics due to its geographic isolation However its relationships with Morhelv and Monim may soon pull it into war with the enemies of its friends.

Republic of Monim: A merchant republic at the mouth of the Blue River, Monim has remained unscathed by the wars of its conquering neighbors by virtue of its naval might, and the threat of financial backing to the enemies of any who attack it. It has, however, been forced to make unsavory concessions to Delrose.

Empire of Perigan: The mighty rival to Delrose, located to the west of the Blue River. It was the first nation to adopt the Imperial system of governance. War from across both the mountains and the river threaten its integrity, however, and its provincial population share more in common with its neighbors than with the capital.

Mistrani League: The islands of the Mistran Archipelago are among the most isolated lands in the world, and are the subject of myth on the mainland due to the strange creatures and odd people that inhabit them. There is a high concentration of magic on the islands, and the power of its wizards is uncontested.

Dominion of the Fae: Otherworldly beings intruding on the mortal realm, concentrated within the Liminal Vale for the time being. Their ways are unknown and alien to the other inhabitants of this world, as is the extent of their power. Fae have been known for a long time, but their numbers have recently been growing.

Vampiric Dominion: For as long as history is recorded, a curse has dwelt in the deepest woods of Morhelv. It spreads like a plague and corrupts the souls of men, turning them into monsters. Until now, the threat has been contained, but a new leader has arisen among the vampires, and they are poised to seize control of the Duchy.

People of the Field: The wide open plains of Ura are home to many peoples, loosely connected through a formalized system of intermarriages. Those living in the easternmost part of the region has a stronger bond than most, forged by ages of conflict with neighboring Kanotch. Their lands are the most fertile on the contient.

People of the Stream: The area of the Ura plains between the Aia and Uka rivers is longer settled, and thus more heavily built up than the rest of the region. Its people were the first to make contact with those of Mistran, owing to their advanced seafaring technology. Because of this, they are also quite adept at the magical arts.

People of the Shore: Inhabitants of western Ura, and previously the Seaward Plain of Perigan. Viewed as little more than barbarians by the Empire, they were long ago displaced from their southern lands. Most now live north of the Golden Mountains, with some instead having settled in the lowlands bordering Monim.

Kingdom of Herulat: The northern kingdom of the far continent, and the mightiest among them. They are ruled by an immortal sorceror-king, whose source of power and symbol of office is a scepter of divine magic. A magical war left their homeland blasted, and they now look across the ocean for a solution.

Kingdom of Ensduat: The middle kingdom of the far continent. Their king was once apprentice to that of Herulat, but that was long ago, and he now considers himself an equal and chafes against the continued lesser position of his domain. They remain allies of convenience, for now, but it is not likely to last.

Kingdom of Slareng: The southern kingdom of the far continent. Its inhabitants are more related to those of Borend and Berania than those of Herulat and Ensduat, descended from shipwrecked explorers in the earliest age of sailing. They have yet to fully recover from the effects of a magical war with Herulat long ago.

Emergent factions:

League of Sovereigns: The countless islands between the two continents have always proved untameable. They do not have the cultural unity of Borend, but have a longstanding pact to defend each other against external foes. They may emerge as a powerful naval faction should other powers attempt to impose on them.

Empire of Galvas: Until recently one of the great powers of the continent, they were largely conquered by Delrose a generation earlier. They may rise again, should Naam and Morhelv unite and retake the lost territory of the old Empire. There are rumors that an heir of the last Empress yet lives...

People of the Hill: The native inhabitants of Upper Perigan, in the foothills of the Golden Mountains. They have had more contact with the southern cultures than other Urgagic peoples, but despite the years do not consider themselves Perigani, and may emerge to contest the Imperial crown.

People of the Wood: Inhabitants of the Great Wood, the largest forest on the continent and still largely untouched. While they share a form of government with the Uragic peoples, they are a distinct group with their own traditions. They are nominally a part of Perigan, but may become independant if oversight lapses.

Rosantine League: An emergent faction formed by the revolt of Rosantia against Delrosian rule, after centuries of oppression. Following the example of Borend, the disparate Rosantine people have come together to present a unified front to their enemies and to reestablish their place on the world stage.

Republic of Rockport: An emergent faction formed by the breakaway of Kanotch’s Slate Coast Palatinate after years of increasing tensions. Rockport is the center of the region’s naval power, and has been withholding several major developments in military technology for just this sort of occasion.

Gaming Emeritus

Oh. Thats huge. Lotta work to do

Yeah, this is going to be a very long term project. I''m going to start with just the northeastern region of the map

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

if we are going to play that mod in hotseats I am very excited

Oathsworn's Avatar Biarchus

Where is the scenario is coming from Ventos?
    If you wonder about the guy in my profile photo,
    Here he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d39FBRxBM8k