Page 277 of 277 FirstFirst ... 177227252267268269270271272273274275276277
Results 5,521 to 5,526 of 5526

Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Hi Adanedhel,
    I understand where you're coming from. I also had a lot of time (and interest? ^^) in the old days, and at some point it fades a bit. So I didn't play much/anything for years. However, I'm still here sort of, considering whether to play a hotseat or not. Hehe.

At least the good old days of playing 4 hotseats at the same time are gone. But I do hope that you will also come back after a while. It will be great to take a break, you will enjoy the burdenless free time, but.... At some point I think your hands will start itching again. "Where are my armies, where are the spies..."

Anyways, whatever you do, it was great to have you around and I wish you all the best in life.
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    Hi guys! I'm really sad to say this, but I'm quitting hotseating, possibly for good. I've been doing poorly when it comes to playing on time, even though I'm playing only in two hotseats now. This is due to less available time and, well, less interest lately. The nail to the coffin, however, is me changing my PC (I'm writting this on my new gear). I really can't see myself going through the hassle of installing all the components to play this game now.

I really enjoyed my time hotseating and especially in the first couple of years I was absolutely fascinated by these game modes. It will always be a great memory, I started when I was in college. I remember joining at the very same time as Dragon and Jadli. Do you guys remember the first hotseats we played togeter/against each other in TA? Jadli, you played Gondor, I was Dale and I was up against Viking as Rhun. We lost pretty hard, but it was a blast! xD Damn, those were some good times, making my first steps in hotseating. Had a great time playing with you Dragon, as well in various games, Tag Tournament, etc, as well as with Chieftain, Joe, and others. Sorry for the long post, started to reminisce. For now it will be all from me. Wish you all the best!
    Yes, I remember the older TATW hotseating section times, back when I had more time, that I am really missing now.

Thank you for sticking around, as long as you could and I would like to wish you the best aswell. Should you feel like returning, we will be around either here on in the Hub discord definitely.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Hello gents. Just want you to know that I'm trying to throw bling at Jadli in the Curia. Feel free to leave your input as interested. Citizenship not necessary to leave your 2c.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Well all things have its time, and my time has come at last..at least for my hotseating play......its sad to say, but i am gonna step away from doing hotseats for the moment[i may return if my time is freed up,but i cant see that for the foreseeable future] , i have spent some interesting , inventive, combative times , which has seen both a community in peril , in rebellion , and regrouped, and even expanded online , in that is the sign of the times for this great game of both medieval total war and roman total war for hotseating. I have experienced truly some inventive , enterprising and stimulating new hotseats of some in different worlds, with maps truly large in scope with brand new units , which can change the game at the drop of the hat, seemingly showing the invention of RP'ing hotseats, some hotseats with manual battle's and even now with manual battles between players all to great effect.

But as for many my time , is becoming extremely limited, as my responsibilities of the care of my brother is being expanded, with the older age of my parents, leaving me with little freetime to complete turns or have the energy for new hotseats.

I would say a little word of thanks to some of the great players this community has[that i have played with and others i have not] and wish them all the best, enjoyment ,past and future with this community and to take all the fun they can, whilst they are here.....A separate special thanks also to those that run things[for which these we cannot do without] , such as Jadli, Mergor, Dragon and even Hannibal[now since left] who spend more time than i can imagine, in inventing, running and ruling on groups of people, that at the least, cannot be fun at times, yet they still persist in running games, to the benefits of the community , doing so much , and perhaps receiving so little thanks for all there work...to them i have the greatest respect and thanks for their efforts.

Again special mention to some of those players that i have spent more time with here, goes to Turkafinwe [for his great RP , and help in many campaigns] , CaptainMelon [he fights!] , Arrow2daknee[we have fought together against each other long before the hotseats-winks] ..and to many others , some of which have long since come and gone, and even returned only to go again ..such are the times here at the TWC

So let me finish and say "Bonne nuit" and wish all the players in the community all the best and for them to keep fighting the goodfight....

have fun

Paladinbob
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Its sad to see you go pbob, but I have nothing but appriciation for your as a player and as a person and so I understand your decision and wish you the best. Thank you for your kind words, and hopefully see you in the future;D

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

thank you for the time devoted to hotseats and roleplay pal, you have truly elevated the gameplay standards here, with your unique roleplay style. Also, you have sticked around in many hotseats, including smoe very long ones.

So I wish you good fortune in the things to come, and in case you return, you will always be welcomed with open arms

EDIT

Guys, dont forget the TWC Member Awards are up, including the best hotseater category! https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ltiplayer-2022
    Last edited by Jadli; May 20, 2023 at 08:03 AM.