Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    I suppose I am just confused by the meaning of default and its use here Why not just HotSeats?
    Because it has always been and always will be Default!

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Wait what does the word Default mean in your language? lol

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default is a bit specific for the scope of a forum encompassing "everything that isn't {{SUBFORUMS}}", but it more or less means "standard". Or "as it came originally", ie, a brand new computer that you get will be at its default settings, and you modify them to your tastes (branching out a bit - like a mod). Connotates 'vanilla' in the gaming sense.

Which, thinking about it, does strike me as a somewhat odd name when you have everything from stainless steel to TES:TW in there. Perhaps "General Hotseats" would be a more encompassing approach...
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Because it has always been and always will be Default!

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Also, just a heads up to the GS... 0 out of all the main hotseats that are still here will be fuctioning also here, so it didn't really worth making this sub forum, as you'll have to archive every hs anyway...

What does the word Default mean in your language?
    Default is "something that is usual or standard" and given this subforum now serves 'nonspecific' hotseats (StainlessSteel/Med2) while TES will likely eventually get it's own area, the name fits. "General Section" would have the exact same meaning. "Other Hotseats" doesn't quite have a ring to it. I see no need to change it for the purposes it'll be serving in the future. It's not the "Main" section anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Also, just a heads up to the GS... 0 out of all the main hotseats that are still here will be fuctioning also here, so it didn't really worth making this sub forum, as you'll have to archive every hs anyway...
    The section is not about Jadli, as much as you'd like it to be. Pretty sure new hotseats will start, and they'll start washing away the mess thats been allowed to manifest

Glad to see this petty crap still goin strong, its not sad or pathetic at all

Default meaning - Something that is usual or standard...doesnt really fit here.. but sure

Thats new to me. Even still why not just call it HotSeats. The use of the word default not only being incorrect is also useless in this case. I mean if that is the meaning your going to use then wouldn't Westeros be the default for the majority of players here? Words meh who needs em. Seems like the main thing u are trying to get across is its NOT THE MAIN ANYMORE... who cares.. the word main seems to be important for some reason but default is something u are just set on words... Once again why not just call it Hotseats?
    Last edited by Macrath; January 22, 2018 at 12:09 PM.

Words meh who needs em
    Useless things, just express yourself via Gif. It assumes me.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

The section is not about Jadli, as much as you'd like it to be. Pretty sure new hotseats will start, and they'll start washing away the mess thats been allowed t manifest
    I'm willing to hear how you, in your wisdom, would have prevented this without Jadli being banned and thus losing 75% of the players of the hotseat community of the forum. Keep in mind that you can't hold players hostages and just force them to play . And the name of the subforum is just a name, it won't actually help debating about it so just bury the whole ideea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    I'm willing to hear how you, in your wisdom, would have prevented this without Jadli being banned and thus losing 75% of the players of the hotseat community of the forum. Keep in mind that you can't hold players hostages and just force them to play . And the name of the subforum is just a name, it won't actually help debating about it so just bury the whole ideea.
    So you agree this has all been about Jadli? Good to hear, all that other noise can be put to bed

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm in favor of "General Hotseats" over "Default" simply because General is semantically more fitting than Default. Default connotates vanilla, which, in the case of Stainless Steel, Warhammer, and other mods that may pop up, is rather inaccurate - especially when the forum's scope is 'anything that isn't Third Age and Westeros". General, by contrast, leaves the forum's name more open to interpretation. Simply calling it 'hotseats' is not specific enough as that is more or less what the entire forum section would be named instead of a subsection.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Gents, this is the Community Tavern, not the Shooting Gallery. As such I'd appreciate it if you could leave the sniping out of here.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If those in charge want to listen to tradition and the will of the community then the forum name will assume it's original name of "Main Section". Default has never been the name of the section, and never will be.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    If those in charge want to listen to tradition and the will of the community then the forum name will assume it's original name of "Main Section". Default has never been the name of the section, and never will be.
    The community that left? Organised by those who decided to actively break SND? The name change i believe was the smartest move by GS, can no longer hear "it's the most important section because it's called main".
    Is rather amusing most voicing issues with the name, are those who have already assisted moving majority of the sections hotseats off-site, to honor those who actively did nothing but wrong I'm getting the odd feeling you're lingering around and keeping those lovely voices booming mainly due to the fact you know this whole off-site thing is never really ever gonna work

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

The name of 'main section' is no longer valid - main section prior was a good name given that it was the first section people landed into before. As all hotseat forms are getting their own sections, one cannot necessarily attribute 'main' to a section that now has a minority community size and has a placement in a subforum. .

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    I'm in favor of "General Hotseats" over "Default" simply because General is semantically more fitting than Default. Default connotates vanilla, which, in the case of Stainless Steel, Warhammer, and other mods that may pop up, is rather inaccurate - especially when the forum's scope is 'anything that isn't Third Age and Westeros". General, by contrast, leaves the forum's name more open to interpretation. Simply calling it 'hotseats' is not specific enough as that is more or less what the entire forum section would be named instead of a subsection.
    This makes the most sense to me.

And a forum description can elaborate on mods included and whatnot if desired.

The community that left? Organised by those who decided to actively break SND? The name change i believe was the smartest move by GS, can no longer hear "it's the most important section because it's called main".
    Is rather amusing most voicing issues with the name, are those who have already assisted moving majority of the sections hotseats off-site, to honor those who actively did nothing but wrong I'm getting the odd feeling you're lingering around and keeping those lovely voices booming mainly due to the fact you know this whole off-site thing is never really ever gonna work
    Im getting the odd feeling that with petty comments like this more and more people will end up leaving. If this is what is left of the community I am starting to see their reasoning. Kinda starting to sound like a bitter ex girlfriend of Jadli's Just let it go m8 he has moved on.

Also just to clear things up, I have not joined some other forum for Hotseats and I don't think any section should be called or be perceived to be the Main Section. My issue is entirely with the incorrect and unintelligent use of the word Default.
    The fact that I even have to specify that is quite sad. Are some people really concerned with such petty things as what is the "main" section or not?
    This has absolutely nothing to do with some petty concern over the name being changed from main . And more to do with my petty concerns about the misuse of words for no point other then 'because I say so'
    Once again why not call it HotSeats? Does it really need a word in front of it.. Is it that confusing and does the incorrect use of the word Default help clarify things?

HotSeats
    Forum for Hotseat gaming using various mods
    Seems a lot less durpy then Default HotSeats.

That is the last I will visit or comment here since If I read anymore of this bitter, childish crap involving Para and Jadli I may puke.
    Last edited by Tango12345; January 23, 2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: comments on Moderation removed

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

If it is the catchall of all other mod types + vanilla, general makes the most sense.

As Macrath has pointed out, it is sad to see all the damage done to what was such a pleasant (usually) and fun page. Thanks for trying to get this all back in order Hader.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'm sad to see the forum going this way, I hope all parts actually get this sorted. And if it does, I'll find the most arbitrary mod and host a hotseat on it, in a section that'll hopefully be general hotseats, as default is kinda silly when it's just another sub-forum
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman