Page 1 of 277 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

"To Keep the HS's as action packed and focused on the game as possible and to prevent divergence and off topic conversations detracting from the action, I Welcome you to Valhalla, a place for the HS Community to meet and talk about things both HS related and none HS related and all things imbetween.
    This can be a place for the discussion of tactics used, Moves pulled or anything else that troubles the minds of the grizzled veterans and promising stratagists of the HS Community.
    Please keep in mind that any topics or discussions must be in line with TWC ToS, so without further ado kick back, relax grab a cold one.
    " [by grouchy13]

This forum can be utilized to conduct hotseat campaigns for all Total War games. When creating a thread, note the option to select a prefix for the thread to the left of the thread title. Utilize these prefixes to note which game the hotseat is for. This enables users to search for threads based on that prefix, quickly identify games on their platform of choice, and help local managers to craft indexes of ongoing and concluded games if they elect to do so.

To see a listing of hotseat games, click here. Or click out of this thread into the Hotseat Campaigns forum to navigate around for yourself.
    Last edited by Jiub; June 24, 2011 at 08:09 AM.

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Welcome to Hotseat Campaigns!

Our own subforum for hotseat campaigns, nice. Thanks for this Augutus Lucifer. Only problem I see is will new players be able to find hotseat in this obscure part of the forum? Lets see how this works out.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by decimator22 View Post
    Our own subforum for hotseat campaigns, nice. Thanks for this Augutus Lucifer. Only problem I see is will new players be able to find hotseat in this obscure part of the forum? Lets see how this works out.
    We're doing our best to make sure they can get here. The old MP forums under the General Discussion now re-direct to the forum located within the Mead Hall, and I've created a year-long re-direct sticky there which points to this thread. We expect it will take some time to get used to the new structure, and certainly it will take some time for us to move threads around and index them, but in the long run it should work out. Hopefully we'll have some community managers around these parts soon to help all that along.
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; May 03, 2010 at 08:10 PM.

I guess that will greatly help, finally another question are you also going to move mod hotseats here as well?

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by decimator22 View Post
    I guess that will greatly help, finally another question are you also going to move mod hotseats here as well?
    If the mod has a dedicated hotseat forum we will not be doing anything to them. They can of course opt to have them moved here.

Thanks for the quick replies AL.

Would it be a bad idea to have a thread dedicated for organizing hotseat campaigns? A thread where people could ask others if they're interested of starting a new campaign and such. I think it'd be better to have just one stickied thread for that, rather than people always starting new "Would there be interest for..." -threads.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Swistrobl View Post
    Would it be a bad idea to have a thread dedicated for organizing hotseat campaigns? A thread where people could ask others if they're interested of starting a new campaign and such. I think it'd be better to have just one stickied thread for that, rather than people always starting new "Would there be interest for..." -threads.
    It's not a bad idea. How should such a thread be conducted? A user posts a hotseat idea and then all the gathering for that idea happens in the same thread? Seems like it could get a bit jumbled that way. Another possibility is a user posts an idea and then players contact them by PM or something, and once the game has started the post related to that game is deleted.

A suggestion wouldn`t it be easier to locate the type of Hotseat you want in Hotseat listings if you seperated them.
    Example: Medieval 2 Total war

Vanilla
    (the Hotseats)

Britainnia
    (the Hotseats)

Crusades
    (the Hotseats)

Teutonic
    (the Hotseats)

America`s
    (the Hotseats)

KGCM
    (the Hotseats)

Patrician Citizen

Could do it that way. I don't intend to be the one to maintain that thread forever, I'm just here while we wait for some community managers to be appointed, so if others concur that dividing it by mod or lack thereof is useful that can be done, though it could happen once there's more than a few listed.

augustus have a lot of banners !! but the napoleon is already able to play hotseats or will be save send save ?

NTW not hot seat ready in any form..only 2 player MP

Is it possible to make an Empire total war hotseat? Maybe one for Grand campaign, one for Warpath, and one for Road to independence?
    Destroyer83, taking over the world since 1700.
    Don't worry, it's just business.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

do you know how to make hotseats playable in empire??because the game from its own doesnt have hotseats available.

Praeses

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Cool. First post.

EDIT: Well it seems someone has to start a discussion, so I guess I might as well.

How many people play SP now that've found the hotseat forums?

I still do.
    Last edited by Visorslash; December 28, 2010 at 03:48 AM.

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

I'm just finishing up a SS 6.2 VH/VH Campaign as England, I also want to complete a VH/VH SS 6.3 Campaign as the Byzantines but that will have to wait as Shogun 2 is around the corner.
    I reckon if Napoleon TW is anything to go by Shogun 2 is gonna be the new TW benchmark
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Praeses

Napolean is a lot better than Empire. (28 bucks for the imperial edition, so why not?)

Hopefully hotseats are in S2, or at least a smart CAI and BAI.

Mike Simpson announced that the MPC in TWS2 will follow the NTW model, namely 1 Vs 1, while these Campaigns are highly enjoyable in NTW (Taking goro's Capital in 6 turns was a particular highlight!) I reckon CA could have easily gone to a four player mode or reintroduced HS.
    Do you dabble in the dark arts of NTW?
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Praeses

Got it for Christmas. It's certainly more interesting than Empire. (France is no longer one region YESSS!)

I've never done an MPC, probably because it would lag or something. Especially now it is cyclone season.

Four player or hotseats would be great.

The Campaigns are very tough, especially the Egyptian Campaign IMO one of the toughest TW Campaigns ever,
    if your worried about lag affecting your MPC you could download some software called Hamachi it allows you to create a virtual lan between computers, it eliminates lag as you can create a lan for you and your opponent in the MPC.