Page 273 of 277 FirstFirst ... 173223248263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277 LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 5526

Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

There shouldn't be any problem there I think, everythign went smoothly when I upgraded back in the day
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It never hurt to back up your working files, be it on a regular base or as preparation for a major system upgrade. There are free programs like SyncBack that even automate that for you.

Last not least you can even mirror your drive (a backup with hidden system files, registry entries etc) for peace of mind.

Personally I prefer the dual approach: daily back up of working files plus monthly mirror. Managed to get my system up and running with up to date working files in under an hour after my system hard drive fried.

Didn't have a problem myself when upgrading to win10, I did however enjoy the peace of mind while doing it in view of the above.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 11, 2020 at 05:00 AM.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks guys! I did the update today and all seems to be working fine. I feel like YouTube videos are buffering more often now, than before. Will have to check that out.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Could be a driver issue. Run the windows update manually, you might have one waiting already as they are deferred for a week by default. Click that quote looking symbol at the bottom right of your screen and choose 'all settings' - you will find it there (update & security).

Blog Entries

I changed my sig from the awesome Hotseat banner Lifth created as I had needed space for other stuff, but I quickly drummed up a real DYI sigbar thingy so it wouldn't be left totally out of place.
    If you have nothing in your sig and want it included feel free to do so, just copy this in: [URL="https://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1535-TW-Hotseat-Campaigns"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/gTxO1pl.png[/IMG][/URL]
    In addition, I've also made a wiki page on Hotseating which could use all and any input for expansion and improvement, as it is a very basic thing at this stage.
    Last edited by King Athelstan; April 15, 2020 at 12:26 PM.
    and Peaman

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Congratulations to PeaMan and Mergor, as they both have recently managed to join the TWC citizen ranks! (PeaMan was patronized by me, Mergor by King Athelstan)

Blog Entries

Congrats guys, well deserved
    and Peaman

Gaming Emeritus

Yea,I think they both had 100% support which is something that was impossible in the old days...

Blog Entries

Yeah, the standards must have fallen after us (Kidding, I had a 100% approval rate too)
    and Peaman

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

100% pass rate is for chuds
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

I'm very upset and uncomfortable to make this announcement in my name; because I see it as an irresponsible and disrespectful thing to do, but at the same time something I must do. This idea was troubling me for some time now and I was delaying it as much as I could, but sadly I have to drop most of my hotseats. Shortly, they became only chores that I have to do in my spare time. I don't choose to play my turns but I feel obligated to do so. I had situations when I had to sacrifice my sleep or social life, even get into arguements with people because I prefered hotseating. Increasing number of good players as well made this more time taking because when you know your opponent will put time and effort into his turn and will come up with the best possible move. Hours of quick save loading, running tests, checking trait/ancillary files, calculating movements... The fun part is over for me. Moreover, I'm looking for a job and people are demanding experince, quality and so on which I can't gain by playing hotseats in all my spare time. I'm playing for over 6 years and I've met very nice people in the community, some helped me, some I helped and I do not wish to abandon the community fully. If you guys will allow me, I would like to continue the TAG team tournament and YTWM's hotseat league until the end, and not joinging any new ones. But for rest of the hotseats, I'm afraid I have to drop. I understand and know the problems when a player drops especially many hotseats at once as it affects mostly admins and then players who played with some plans as both ally and enemy trusting me, and I am again very upset to be the one messing with the plans. Down there, I'm posting the list of hotseats that I am in. Some of them I'm directly dropping, some of them I will continue until a replacement found. At least that much I should do.

I will continue until the end:
    Tag Team.
    YTWM's 1v1 League

I will continue until a replacement found:
    British Isles of Chaos as Ireland.
    Age of Crusades as Turks.
    YTWM'S Auto retrofit as England and HRE.

I'm dropping fully:
    Gods of old America as Apaches. (captainnorway can sub until replacement can be found or we can end the hotseat)
    Black Drake as Altmers and Western Skyrim. (mergor can sub until replacement can be found)
    SS All Factions 2 as Novgorod Russia. (ramble12 can sub until replacement can be found)
    Admin duties of It is better be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life. (I can switch to being co-admin)
    Hotseating Hub's Reconquista as France (jimmy dude can sub until replacement can be found)
    Hotseating Hub's Wars by the Sea as Jerusalem (jimmy dude can sub until replacement can be found)

Gaming Emeritus

Very sad to see you go, but of course, the real life should always come first . Well, you will still be around, so I suppose I can keep the final goodbyes for then . And so the last turkish hotseaters go...

Blog Entries

Real life always comes first - the mantra of TWC.

I've been/am in that place myself, so I very much understand your situation - Good luck on your job applications!
    and Peaman

Looking for two players , to take part in a long running hotseat game set in medieval europe........the factions that are looking for players are venice [currently at war with poland with a ally in sicily] and spain [currently at peace], both are suitable for players looking for a start in the world of hotseating. for any interested party ,leave a message of your interest of either faction in the "clash of kingdoms" hotseat posts..or leave a message directly with me or King athelstan.

thank you
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Hello friends! Wishing you all the best over the holidays and into the new year! Stay healthy stay safe.

Got the itch again, looking to get back into a hotseat or two, hit me up if you are starting one or need a spot filled

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Hi! Happy holidays to you too

There is plenty of spots here, I assume Jadli will bombard you soon with it. If you want to broaden your experience, you could also check the Hotseating Hub discord server. It is pretty much run by GS here and is officially connected to TWC. (As in, we say that and we got the Haders blessing when opening it) It hosts hotseats itself to use the accessability of discord to get some more people into hotseating.

Gaming Emeritus

Hey, nice to see you around once again for sure! Kinda busy right now to compile a big list

But....
    would be surely interesting for you to perhaps join Black Drake TES HS as Anequina? Lot of us vets in it https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...42-Black-Drake

Dwarves open here (Dagor Silmarillion/TATW) https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...West-FFA/page9

Jarldom of Vesfold open here (The Last Kingdom) https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...9#post15976569

Hungary open here (SS) https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-all-your-life

Lannister and Tully open here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ign-of-Dragons

Blog Entries

Hey dude! Nice to see ya around
    and Peaman

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

One of the old guard hmm
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Apologies forgot to post this yesterday.

In the spirit of the winter holidays in all of our hotseats, turn times aren't counted/watched between december 24th to 26th on the hotseating section in TWC!
    All of GS members and myself would like to wish happy Christmas to all of our players and members!

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."