Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazons unit pack from myth_tw… WARNING; ADULT MATERIAL, DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADULT [18+].

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Amazons unit pack from myth_tw… WARNING; ADULT MATERIAL, DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADULT [18+].

Nice units, however a question.....no axes for the Amazons? i always read that, besides the bow, the labrys axe was their favourite weapon...

Default Re: Amazons unit pack from myth_tw… WARNING; ADULT MATERIAL, DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADULT [18+].

I cant remember if there’s no axes, we done them in a semi-greek style mostly as skirmishers.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

just a quick question: where can these be recruited? I just downloaded your mod and I noticed this thread and it appears interesting

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

These Amazons aren't in STW. They were made for the RTW version of Myth, but when we decided to move Myth to M2K, it was decided to release them for personal use in RTW.

You can add them to sparta if you want, just replace the Scythians with them. The easiest way would be to use the unit models and skin names in the packs text files, then just drag n drop the models and skins into the relative folders.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

I still don't quite follow you, I am not very familiar with modding so please correct me if I am wrong: so you download the amazons, unzip them then drop them in the folder of the same name in RTW folder?

OR do i need to rename the files to replace some of the units within the Sparta game?

Ah well you need basic modding skills or this will be difficult. Maybe look at a tutorial on adding units?
    In the pack the models and skins are already in the appropriate folders, so just paste those folders over the ones in Sparta and it will add the units. Now all you need to do is tell the game where to find them, which is done in the DMB or desc_model_battle text file.

Here is an example of the unit entries in that file, the text shown as red denotes the name of the skin file [graphic tga. file], the text in blue denotes the model for that unit. So all you need to do is use the respective names from a unit in the pack [from the same text file], and paste the name over the existing, then the game will know what files to use in game.

type scythian_stepp_horse_archers
    skeleton fs_hc_archer, fs_hc_swordsman
    scale 1.10
    indiv_range 40
    texture scythia, SPARTA/data/models_unit/textures/scythian_horse_archers.tga
    model_flexi SPARTA/data/models_unit/RDA_unit_hunik_horse_archer.cas, max
    model_sprite scythia, 60.0, data/sprites/germans_barb_berserker_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

if i get time tommorow i will make a file for you!
    Last edited by Amorphos; April 15, 2011 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks for replying Quetzal. I think I figured it out, except that on some of the units the graphics seem distorted from a distance like if they were carrying long spears, but once you get up close the units are fine. Most units work pretty well though and I must say, it is quite amusing seeing the Amazon women rushing into battle with male voices!

^If you know how, you could try importing the Amazon chariot voices from vanilla for them.

There were a couple of units that had problems so maybe don’t use them, I thought I had only posted the ones that did work ~ but you have to make sure you use the right anims with them! [as in the DMB provided]

Yea the voices can be changed in the EDU where it says voice type, just paste the amazon chariot one as Spartan says.

Alex_the_Great's Avatar Foederatus

Ha-Ha! It's a REAL amazons! But I'm not sure for using it. It's very sexual... KLA gave them some clothes at least... )))

There is nothing sexual content... dont worry (is my opinion, at least).

Incredibles amazons, my congratulations... really a great job ... unfortunatelly are misplaced a bit, when I put them on horseback... you know how I can fix this ?...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is not too noticeable, but if I can fix by editing the text, tell me ... thank you very much from now ... excellent.

greetings.

PS: I suggest using "_small" at the end of each skeleton, especially if they are riding and/or in a real/historic TW (not fantasy.. well i dont know how explain that XD)
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; June 07, 2011 at 12:20 PM.

Yeah, I don't see anything sexually explicit about them either. Nudity =/= sexual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopterix View Post
    Is not too noticeable, but if I can fix by editing the text, tell me ... thank you very much from now ... excellent.
    I guess you need to edit the rider_offset values in descr_mount.txt for the relevant horse.

Archaeopterix

I don’t see the problem on the pic, can you be more specific about your concern?

I had scaled all the skeletons to either 1.1 [in Sparta] or 1.2. In myth ~ so as to show more detail, is the problem that they appear to small?

If to far back then yea edit that in desc_mount as chrisb says, only problem is that this will set the rider position for all cavalry. Perhaps take a look at the .cas model file as the locator may be positioned wrong.

borokman's Avatar Laetus

I would gladly appreciate it if you could make the text files for the original Rome: Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by borokman View Post
    I would gladly appreciate it if you could make the text files for the original Rome: Total War.
    I put them so:

Code:
    type            barb_headhunting_maiden          ;;;MYTH TW MODEL (amazon)
    skeleton         fs_hc_swordsman_small               ;really needs axe skeleton
    indiv_range         40
    texture            scythia, DTW/data/multijugador/textures/amazon_officer.tga
    model_flexi      DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_officer.cas, 8
    model_flexi      DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_officer.cas, 15
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_officer.cas, 30
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_officer.cas, max
    model_sprite      scythia, 60.0, data/sprites/scythia_barb_headhunting_maiden_sprite.spr
    model_tri         400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

type            barb_scythian_noblewoman          ;;;MYTH TW MODEL (amazon)
    skeleton         fs_mounted_archer_small, fs_mounted_swordsman_small
    indiv_range         40
    texture            scythia, DTW/data/multijugador/textures/amazon_archer_elite.tga
    model_flexi      DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_archer_elite.CAS, 8
    model_flexi      DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_archer_elite.CAS, 15
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_archer_elite.CAS, 30
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_archer_elite.CAS, max
    model_sprite      scythia, 60.0, data/sprites/scythia_barb_scythian_noblewoman_sprite.spr

type            greek_amazons          ;;;MYTH TW MODEL (idem)
    skeleton         fs_chariot_archer_small, fs_chariot_sword_small
    indiv_range         40
    texture            slave, DTW/data/multijugador/textures/amazon_chariot_archer.tga
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_chariot_archer.CAS, 15
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_chariot_archer.CAS, 30
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_chariot_archer.CAS, 40
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/amazonian_chariot_archer.CAS, max
    model_sprite      slave, 60.0, data/sprites/slave_greek_amazons_sprite.spr

type            greek_archer          ;;;MYTH TW MODEL (idem)_NO SPRITE
    skeleton         fs_semi_fast_archer, fs_semi_fast_dagger
    indiv_range         40
    texture            macedon, DTW/data/multijugador/textures/greek_archer.tga
    texture            seleucid, DTW/data/multijugador/textures/greek_archer.tga
    texture            greek_cities, DTW/data/multijugador/textures/greek_archer.tga
    texture            thrace, DTW/data/multijugador/textures/greek_archer.tga
    texture            merc, DTW/data/multijugador/textures/greek_archer.tga
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/greek_archer.cas, 15
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/greek_archer.cas, 30
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/greek_archer.cas, 40
    model_flexi         DTW/data/multijugador/models_unit/greek_archer.cas, max
    model_sprite      thrace, 60.0, data/sprites/thrace_greek_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite      greek_cities, 60.0, data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite      seleucid, 60.0, data/sprites/seleucid_greek_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite      macedon, 60.0, data/sprites/macedon_greek_archer_sprite.spr
    ... Im using only 3 models of them, not all... I hope that help you a bit... DTW/data/multijugador/ is my own project, you only put data/... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Archaeopterix

I don’t see the problem on the pic, can you be more specific about your concern?
    I see them sitting far back on the back edge of the chair of the horses ... but just a detail, not to go crazy either... =).

I had scaled all the skeletons to either 1.1 [in Sparta] or 1.2. In myth ~ so as to show more detail, is the problem that they appear to small?
    This (1.1 or 1.2) is the scale... That just makes it fatter or skinnier, but not higher or lower... adding: _small to the skeletons is good, for me at least. (see the code above)

If to far back then yea edit that in desc_mount as chrisb says, only problem is that this will set the rider position for all cavalry. Perhaps take a look at the .cas model file as the locator may be positioned wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    I guess you need to edit the rider_offset values in descr_mount.txt for the relevant horse.
    ... oh, thank you to both... I try to do something in this file then.

greetings.
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; June 19, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

I see them sitting far back on the back edge of the chair of the horses ... but just a detail, not to go crazy either... =).
    I wish I knew why that was happening but I don’t, any ideas?

This (1.1 or 1.2) is the scale... That just makes it fatter or skinnier, but not higher or lower... adding: _small to the skeletons is good, for me at least. (see the code above)
    no it does make them bigger all round [taller too], in the myth mod we have an fs_giant skeleton so that some of the units are three times as big as the human units ~ and I have seen it working many times. In fact once I missed a decimal point when editing a skeleton and in game the unit was as high as the sky . I upscaled because it shows way more detail and a better camera angle [when level you are looking square on instead of downwards] btw.

Btw what does ‘adding: _small’ do? I had though it was just a name.

borokman's Avatar Laetus

Thanks Archaeopterix! That really helped.

Btw what does ‘adding: _small’ do? I had though it was just a name.
    Is a skeletons, they exist really in the RTW original animation folder... doing small a bit to the soldier:

An example, of the list.txt (inside a animation folder unpacked):

Code:
    fs_mounted_archer
    fs_mounted_archer_big
    fs_mounted_archer_verybig
    fs_mounted_archer_small
    fs_hc_archer
    fs_hc_archer_big
    fs_hc_archer_verybig
    fs_hc_archer_small
    If you looking for they, inside the folder, they exist how separate files, while indicate they are differents animations... the same, but for different bodys (i suppose).

In my case yes, the _small add, effectively, reduced a bit the amazons shape (in the start, I saw big a bit for my taste).

You can see this here, if dont saw in the past:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...89#post6752589

The scale line (DMB), doing this, see the officer:

-without scale (DMB), normal:

-with scale (DMB), 0.9 in this case (... or 0.8 i dont remember exactly, the pic have some months)

for this, i think, edit the size, with skeletons is better... or combining both, =)... is a matter of try and find the exact measure, has to do with the tastes I guess... I'm not trying to impose an idea better or worse,

greetings.
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; June 21, 2011 at 02:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast