View Poll Results: Which sort of music theme would you prefer for Sandstorm?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Historical (aka army marches, north african /near eastern music, etc)

175 63.18%
  • General (any music that sounds good or fits, a bit like now)

96 34.66%
  • Other (please specify)

6 2.17%
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: World War II: Sandstorm - 0.5 RELEASED!

Default Re: World War II - Submod: *New Update: 0.3*

Quote Originally Posted by Vs 002 View Post
    I think I know how to solve the govument problem. Change empire to dictatorship republic!
    Yes that was the idea (or something along those lines), but that list is fantastic! +rep
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Thank you King Sama, U-boat and Le vengur

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by U-Boat View Post
    If you still want to help with research, please could you tell me what naval forces Italy, Germany and UK had on the Mediterranean circa summer 1941?

Thanks for all the help you gave us until now.
    Germany had 62 U-boats in the battle of the Mediterranean, and lost them all by 1944. I don't think they had many surface vessels, perhaps a few destroyers and definitely transports. Circa 1941, 27 Uboats IIRC. Submarines were disadvantaged in the Med, they had to sneak past Gibraltar and the water is clear and calm.

The Free French had a presence, using British Flower class, Cannon class, and River class vessels, a handful of Submarines, including Surcouf, the submarine monitor, and a handful of French destroyers.

The Vichy French had at least 4 Destroyers and 1 submarine, which were used defending against the allied invasion of Lebabon/Syria

Italy's Regia Marine had 2 aircraft carriers believe it or not , the Aquila (modification of the liner Roma, built but never used) and Sparviero (modification of the liner Augustus, never completed). There were 9 Battleships, the Cavour class: Conte di Cavour, Giulio Cesare (modernised World War I battleships), the Andrea Doria class: Andrea Doria, Caio Duilio (modernised World War I battleships), and the famous Vittorio Veneto class: Littorio/Italia, Vittorio Veneto, Roma, Impero (not completed) However, some of these were sunk at Taranto in 1940. Eight Heavy cruisers, from the Trento class: Trento, Trieste, Bolzano, the Zara class: Zara, Fiume, Pola, Gorizia and lastly the San Giorgio, again, I'll have to check losses before 1941.

The Regia Marina had large amounts of Light cruisers from the Da Giussano class: Alberto da Giussano, Alberico da Barbiano, Bartolomeo Colleoni, Giovanni dalle Bande Nere, the Cadorna class: Luigi Cadorna, Armando Diaz, the Duca d'AostaEmanuele Filiberto Duca d'Aosta, Eugenio di Savoia, the Duca degli Abruzzi class: Luigi Savoia Duca degli Abruzzi, Giuseppe Garibaldi, the Montecuccoli class: Raimondo Montecuccoli, Muzio Attendolo class: , the Capitani Romani class: Attilio Regolo, Giulio Germanico, Pompeo Magno, Scipione Africano, Ulpio Traiano, and the TarantoTaranto, Bari class: .

The Italians had some 58 Destroyers,

Leone class: Leone, Pantera, Tigre
    Navigatori class: Alvise da Mosto, Antonio da Noli, Antonio Pigafetta, Antoniotto Usodimare, Emmanuele Pesagno, Giovanni da Verazzano, Lanceloto Malocello, Leone Pancaldo, Luca Tarigo, Nicoloso da Recco, Nicolo Zeno, Ugolino Vivaldi
    Oriani or Poeti class: Vittorio Alfieri, Giosué Carducci, Vincenco Gioberti, Alfredo Oriani
    Soldati class: Alpino, Artigliere, Ascari, Aviere, Bersagliere, Carabiniere Corazziere, Fuciliere, Geniere, Granatiere, and Lanciere
    Maestrale class: Grecale, Libeccio, Maestrale, and Scirocco
    Dardo class: Dardo, Fraccia, Saetta, Strale
    Mirabello class: Carlo Mirabello, Augusto Riboti
    Folgore class: Baleno, Folgore, Fulmine, Lampo
    Borea (Turbine) class: Aquilone, Borea, Espero, Euro, Nembo, Ostro, Turbine, Zeffiro
    Sauro class: Cesare Battisti, Daniele Manin, Francesco Nullo, Nasario Sauro
    Sella class: Quintino Sella, Francesco Crispi

About 4 bazillion Torpedo Boats

Spica class: 30 vessels
    R. Pilo class: 7 vessels
    Audace class: 1 vessel
    G. Sirtori class: 4 vessels
    G. La Masa class: 7 vessels
    Palestro class: 4 vessels
    Generali class: 6 vessels
    Curtatone Class: 4 vessels
    Orsa class: 4 vessels
    Ciclone class 16 vessels
    Ariete class 16 vessels

Lots of Submarines, although 32 served in the Atlantic, doing remarkably well.

600-Serie Acciaio class: Acciaio, Alabastro, Argento, Asterio, Avorio, Bronzo, Cobalto, Giada, Granito, Nichelio, Platino, Porfide and Volframio (ex-"Stronzio")
    600-Serie Adua class: coastal submarines, Alagi, Ascianghi, Axum, Dagabur, Dessiè, and Sciré
    600-Serie Argonauta class: among which Argonauta, Salpa
    600-Serie Perla class: among which Iride and Ambra
    600-Serie Sirena class: of which there are 12
    Archimede class: Gallileo Ferraris, Galileo Galilei
    Argo & Velella
    Balilla class: Balilla, Dominico Millelire, Antonio Sciesa, Enrico Toti
    Bandiera class: Fratelli Bandiera, Luciano Manara, Ciro Menotti, Santore Santarossa,
    Bragadin class: Marcantonio Bragadin, Filippo Corridoni
    Brin class: Brin, Galvani, Guglielmotti, Archimede, and Torricelli
    Cagni class: Ammiraglio Cagni, Ammiraglio Saint-Bon, Ammiraglio Caracciolo, Ammiraglio Millo
    Calvi class: Pietro Calvi, Giuseppe Finci, Enrico Tazzoli
    Classe R class: 2 vessels
    Ettore Fieramosca
    Flutto - 16 vessels
    Foca class: Foca, Zoea, Atropo
    Glauco class: Glauco and Otaria
    Liuzzi class: Reginaldo Guilliani, Console Generale Liuzzi, Bagnolini, Tarantini
    Mameli class: Goffredo Mameli, Pier Capponi, Giovanni da Procida, Tito Speri
    Marcello class: Mocenigo, Dandolo, Veniero, Provana, Marcello, Nani, Barbarigo, Emo, Morosini, Cappellini, Faà di Bruno
    Marconi class: Magiore Baracca, Michele Bianchi, Alessandro Malaspina, Guglielmo Marconi, Leonardo da Vinci and Luigi Torelli
    Pietro Micca
    Pisani class: 4 vessels among which Vettor Pisani
    Settembrini class: Luigi Settembrini, Ruggiero Settimo
    Squalo class: 4 vessels

The following survived the war.

The pair of incomplete and damaged aircraft carriers, 5 battleships, 9 cruisers, 11 destroyers, 41 frigates and corvettes, 44 fast coastal patrol units, 50 minesweepers, 16 amphibious operations vessels and a handful of submarines.

ghhg44's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by U-Boat View Post
    @Vs 002:
    Good idea, we'll see about it when we get to the Europe campaign(s) development.

@le vengur:
    Good polish navy idea added to the research compilation.

@ghhg44:
    Have you TGW, our submod and nothing else activated?
    i only have TGW and your submod activated and im sure of that becuase i dont use other mods

Quote Originally Posted by ghhg44 View Post
    i only have TGW and your submod activated and im sure of that becuase i dont use other mods
    Try this: NTW Data Checker
    It will tell you if there are any problems.

If they are not I would like to know:
    1)Did the installer work or did you do manual?
    2)Are you using mod manager to activate the script? Is the ww2 pack above TGW?
    3)Is it only those two factions and those units or is it all of them?
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Added all the new researches to the Sandstorm Campaign Preview post.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Try this: NTW Data Checker
    It will tell you if there are any problems.

If they are not I would like to know:
    1)Did the installer work or did you do manual?
    2)Are you using mod manager to activate the script? Is the ww2 pack above TGW?
    3)Is it only those two factions and those units or is it all of them?
    1) it didnt work
    2)yes i use modmanager and ww2 pack is above TGW
    3)its all factions

1) it didnt work
    2)yes i use modmanager and ww2 pack is above TGW
    3)its all factions
    Does the game work only with TGW?

yes

yes
    Hmm, this is odd. You are using the new ww2 text and replaced the old TGW one?

Also, when it loads, do you see the ww2 logo at the title menu? And different music from TGW?

How about to add some generals for costum battle, in the orginal NTW you have to(Not really have to) choose a general before selecting units. As exempel:
    (Sweden)General staff===>Duke of västergötland===> Karl XIV Johan
    You could add known generals from WWII there, as exempel:
    (The third reich)General staff-Herman Fegelein===>Otto Günshe===>Adolf Hitler
    Maybe you would like some other generals, I only know their names.

Here's a swedish general

Stig Norén
    http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stig_Nor%C3%A9n

Hmm, this is odd. You are using the new ww2 text and replaced the old TGW one?

Also, when it loads, do you see the ww2 logo at the title menu? And different music from TGW?
    i see the logo and i dont know exactly anymore....

Whas my idea good?

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

I don't think Norén was in service during the time of the Great War, he was known as the head of the Royal Swedish Air Force from 1968 to 1973, which isn't really the time period we're looking at. Furthermore, he was born in 1908, and would probably not have fought in World War I, let alone command troops in battle.

PS. Oh. Wait. Silly mistake. This is a World War II submod.
    Last edited by Aanker; January 10, 2011 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I don't think Norén was in service during the time of the Great War, he was known as the head of the Royal Swedish Air Force from 1968 to 1973, which isn't really the time period we're looking at. Furthermore, he was born in 1908, and would probably not have fought in World War I, let alone command troops in battle.
    *hum* WW 2 *hum*
    Patronized by Hader.

Quote Originally Posted by Vs 002 View Post
    Whas my idea good?
    Yes sorry, we will be implementing something like that eventually

i see the logo and i dont know exactly anymore....
    Place the ww2 pack and TGW text pack in your data folder. Then using the NTW data checker to which i directed you earlier, open your userscript from there, and enter exactly whats supposed to be in the userscript (you can find this in the readme). Save that, make sure there are no folders or files that are not supposed to be there (besides TGW.pack of course), and run the game. This should work, if not, then there is something conflicting with the mod

Yes sorry, we will be implementing something like that eventually

Place the ww2 pack and TGW text pack in your data folder. Then using the NTW data checker to which i directed you earlier, open your userscript from there, and enter exactly whats supposed to be in the userscript (you can find this in the readme). Save that, make sure there are no folders or files that are not supposed to be there (besides TGW.pack of course), and run the game. This should work, if not, then there is something conflicting with the mod
    ok i will try

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    lots of research
    i have been trying to find information about the royal navy, so far i got:
    4 QE class battleships
    2 carriers
    possibly one revenge class battleship, one nelson class battleship and 2 more carriers (depend on date).

1 secure, 5 possible town class cruisers
    2 secure, 3 possible dido class cruiser
    and lots of destroyers
    Last edited by The Vengur; January 17, 2011 at 06:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Haven't had the chance to look into it yet (US Army faction for AtC). Barham and Ark Royal were there because they were sunk, some QE's were there as they were attacked in Alexandria buy human torpedo's and there was at least 1 Dido at Crete, which I believe were AA destroyers/light cruisers.