View Poll Results: Which sort of music theme would you prefer for Sandstorm?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Historical (aka army marches, north african /near eastern music, etc)

175 63.18%
  • General (any music that sounds good or fits, a bit like now)

96 34.66%
  • Other (please specify)

6 2.17%
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: World War II: Sandstorm - 0.5 RELEASED!

Default Re: World War II - Submod: *New Update: 0.3*

Quote Originally Posted by davsim View Post
    What information do you guys need? I'd like to help if possible, be the most specific possible with what you need.
    Pick a minor nation of your choice and give us some information. Leaders, characters and units would be the most useful for now.

Also, if you guys want more pictures go to my profile and see a album called WW2 Submod where I am uploading the rest of the screenshots. I am only doing this because you can only have 10 files attached to each post and I've taken about 50 screenshots...

I'm going to add a research section to my Sandstorm campaign preview post.

Btw, 100th post!

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

Quote Originally Posted by U-Boat View Post
    Understood le vengur.

The swedish ship will be a recruitable unit for Sweden and the Norwegian one will be used as a recruitable unit for GB (representing the Norwegian resistance) during the occupation of the country by the Germans. . But it will also be recruitable for Norway.

That is during the European Campaigns.
    just have to point out that all Norwegian pansarskepp were sunk during the war, the destroyer HNoMS_Svenner_(G03)would be a better choice
    Last edited by The Vengur; January 04, 2011 at 01:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Quote Originally Posted by le vengur View Post
    just have to point out that all Norwegian pansarskepp were sunk during the war, the destroyer HNoMS_Svenner_(G03)would be a better choice
    Ok, you're right. If navies are your field of expertise, feel free to focus on them.

Ok, you're right. If navies are your field of expertise, feel free to focus on them.
    if using the svenner i would recommend a Norwegian destroyer class, cap 7 as Norway received 2 S-class and 5-Town class destroyers from the royal navy during the war, these units should have higher morale and maybe better accuracy.
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Thanks for all the interest! While we do have an excellent researcher (thats an understatement actually), if you would like to work with him I'm sure he would be willing to accomodate. As U-boat has said, there are many minor nations in need of research Pm me or darkhorse if you are interested in becoming a researcher on the team, with access to our dev group. If you just want to help out a bit, feel free to post here

Also, I will add the screens to the OP asap, thanks dogderna.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

so when do you think sandstorm will be released it looks really good.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else. - Winston Churchill

LordBiggums's Avatar Tiro

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Ok, the screenshots are here. It's my first attempt on doing it, so don't be to harsh.

Enjoy!

First, you have the Sandstorm Campaign Faction Selection until now. (I know, the names are the old ones, I will do the right ones ASAP. And the Syrian flag is still the old Ottoman one, also being worked on). The map is also to be replaced.

The others were taken during a Soviet Union vs. Germany battle on the Dresden map.

Wow this looks really good. I like how you implemented a little role-playing into your battles, by choosing to fight in houses and behind buildings, building not just a line of earthworks, but earthworks at strategic points in the battlefield. It really adds to the WWII-esque of the game.

After seeing these screenies, it appears as though WWII really CAN be represented by a total War game, though before i thought it was nearly impossible. Now all we need are those helmets

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    After seeing these screenies, it appears as though WWII really CAN be represented by a total War game, though before i thought it was nearly impossible. Now all we need are those helmets
    Thank you, and I agree, it can be done Its especially good with multiple armies or MP, because then you get the sense of a real large-scale battle with many skirmishes within, as well as larger actions. Depending on my luck there may be some basic helmets soon, though specific helmets like the stahlheim are nearly impossible atm.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1993uk View Post
    so when do you think sandstorm will be released it looks really good.
    Soon. I'd say around 3 weeks from now (by the time everything is done for it), but keep in mind happens
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Three free Polish navy destroyers should be available to the royal navy, representing
    Błyskawica
    Grom
    Burza
    these ships should have very high morale

the polish also received 2 cruisers and 7 destroyers from the royal navy
    Last edited by The Vengur; January 05, 2011 at 02:32 AM.

You've got to try to get tanks into the game
    That'd be pretty cool
    Just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer1009 View Post
    You've got to try to get tanks into the game
    That'd be pretty cool
    Just a suggestion
    Welcome to TWC and yes, that's one of the aims of the mod.

Also, thanks for all the feedback people!

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Thanks for all the interest! While we do have an excellent researcher (thats an understatement actually), if you would like to work with him I'm sure he would be willing to accomodate. As U-boat has said, there are many minor nations in need of research Pm me or darkhorse if you are interested in becoming a researcher on the team, with access to our dev group. If you just want to help out a bit, feel free to post here

Also, I will add the screens to the OP asap, thanks dogderna.
    Defo, I'll be more than happy to work with someone on navies and/or minor factions.

I think I know how to solve the govument problem. Change empire to dictatorship republic!

Consentsual monarchy:
    Sweden
    Norway
    Denmark
    Iceland(Personal union wiith Denmark)
    Great brittain
    Belgia
    Netherlands

Republic
    Finland
    Ireland
    France
    Switserland
    Tjeckoslavia

Absolute monacrhy
    Italy
    Luxemburg
    Jugoslavia
    Hungray
    Albania
    Greece
    Rumania

Dictatorship republic
    The third reich(Nazi-Germany)
    Austria
    Estland
    Lettland
    Litauia
    Poland
    The Soviet union(Russia)
    Turkey
    Spain
    Portugal

Is that a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Vs 002 View Post
    I think I know how to solve the govument problem. Change empire to dictatorship republic!

Consentsual monarchy:
    Sweden
    Norway
    Denmark
    Iceland(Personal union wiith Denmark)not possible
    Great brittain
    Belgia
    Netherlands

Republic
    Finland
    Ireland
    France
    Switserland
    Tjeckoslavia

Absolute monacrhy
    Italy
    Luxemburg not possible
    Jugoslavia
    Hungray
    Albania not possible
    Greece
    Rumania

Dictatorship republic
    The third reich(Nazi-Germany)
    Austria
    Estland not possible
    Lettland
    Litauia
    Poland
    The Soviet union(Russia)
    Turkey
    Spain
    Portugal
    except the impossible ones, a good idea

ghhg44's Avatar Foederatus

my game crashes when i want to play a quick battle (or whatever its called) i select the UK (ww2) and germany (ww2) buy some units and want to start then it starts to load and when its almost done the game crashes

greets

@Vs 002:
    Good idea, we'll see about it when we get to the Europe campaign(s) development.

@le vengur:
    Good polish navy idea added to the research compilation.

@ghhg44:
    Have you TGW, our submod and nothing else activated?

If you still want to help with research, please could you tell me what naval forces Italy, Germany and UK had on the Mediterranean circa summer 1941?

Thanks for all the help you gave us until now.