View Poll Results: Which sort of music theme would you prefer for Sandstorm?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Historical (aka army marches, north african /near eastern music, etc)

175 63.18%
  • General (any music that sounds good or fits, a bit like now)

96 34.66%
  • Other (please specify)

6 2.17%
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: World War II: Sandstorm - 0.5 RELEASED!

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: World War II - Submod: *Version 0.2 Released*

Great mod....

Quote Originally Posted by wessel View Post
    Great mod....
    Glad you like it, remember any suggestions are appreciated.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

If anyone has any unit/tech suggestions for any faction, please may they get them to me somehow.

Gevärs män-Sweden http://www.grantsmilitaria.com/militariaphotos/militaria_images.asp?key=104

New Update 0.3:

It is a rather small update, due to different modding involvements I did not have that much time to add everything I had planned, but I decided I may as well release what I have. If there are any problems, I will keep the old download up

Changelog:
    -some basic animation changes
    -loading screens
    -new flak gun unit
    -new flamethrower unit (based on TGW)
    -new music added
    -some other general changes
    -a new "installer"

As always, any comments and suggestions are appreciated, and I hope you enjoy. Work on the next update will begin shortly, and more info on its contents in the near future.

Download

Note: There are installation instructions included in the readme in case the installer doesn't work
    Last edited by King Sama; January 02, 2011 at 07:17 PM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

Default Re: World War II - Submod: *New Update: 0.3*

can i help this wonderful mod as a researcher ?
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Quote Originally Posted by le vengur View Post
    can i help this wonderful mod as a researcher ?
    Well, suggestions for units and such are always welcome.

Tomorrow, I'll upload a few screenshots for those who want to see how this is before the download.

LeoZ's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by U-Boat View Post
    Well, suggestions for units and such are always welcome.

Tomorrow, I'll upload a few screenshots for those who want to see how this is before the download.
    Ahhh! You're reading my mind! This is gladly appreciated, thank you very much! =)

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

Nice progress. +rep for the team.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Just would like to thank everyone for the rep they have given. Leave your names and I'll rep you back.

I'm working on an Italian roster while I do the British, any Italian unit and tech ideas would be great.

more semi-elite units would be a good idea, Fallschirmjägers and airbornes as anti infantry with better accuracy and higher rate of fire, rangers and panzergrenadiers as assault infantry armed with grenades and smg's might also work.
    Last edited by The Vengur; January 04, 2011 at 08:14 AM.
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

What do you think of my unit idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Vs 002 View Post
    What do you think of my unit idea?
    It'll probably be implemented when we work on Sweden, but that will be done only for our European Campaigns. So, if you could provide us with more Swedish info after the release of Sandstorm, it'd be awesome. (I'd rep you but I already did and they don't let me, so after I spread some, i'll give you).

@le vengur:

Those are good ideas, but for main factions we already have a resident researcher that has the thing covered. If you could help us with research on a minor of your choice, it'd be more useful. Nevertheless, +rep.

Those screenies are coming people...

Ok, the screenshots are here. It's my first attempt on doing it, so don't be to harsh.

Enjoy!

First, you have the Sandstorm Campaign Faction Selection until now. (I know, the names are the old ones, I will do the right ones ASAP. And the Syrian flag is still the old Ottoman one, also being worked on). The map is also to be replaced.

The others were taken during a Soviet Union vs. Germany battle on the Dresden map.

I don't know taht much about Sweden during WWII but I can tell what I knows. Sweden gave the germans acces to travel trough swedish territory to get from Denmark to Norway. Sweden had the same govument as it has today(Consentsual monarchy) and the king whas Gustav V(1907-1950). My grandma has also teld a bit about her childhood but I forgot what she said. Atleast she said that it even if it whas bad whas it worse in the countires wich whas at war.

the nordic countries should have pansarskepp/armored ship with the armour of a dreadnought and the armament of a pre dreanought

stats for the swedish pansarskepp sverige:
    armament:
    4 ×Bofors 283 mm gun M/1912 (2×2)
    6 × 152 mm/50cal. Bofors QF M/1912 (1×2, 4×1)
    4 × 75 mm/60cal. Bofors AA M/1928 (2×2)
    6 × 40 mm/56cal. Bofors AA M/1936 (3×2)
    4 × 25 mm/58cal. Bofors AA M/1932 (2×2)
    3 × 20 mm/66cal. Bofors AA M/1940 (3×1)

Armour:
    Belt 200 mm
    Artillery 200 mm
    Citadel 100 mm
    Deck 18-28 mm

stats for the Norwegian pansarskepp Eidsvold:
    Armament:
    2 x 21 cm (8.26 inch) guns
    6 x 15 cm (5.90 inch) guns
    8 x 7.6 cm (3 inch) guns
    4 x BR 4.7cm/50cal (3pdr)
    2 x 45 cm (18 inch) submerged torpedo tubes
    Armour:
    Belt:6 inches (17.78 cm)
    Turrets:9 inch (20.32 cm)

both ships served during the war, the eidsvold was sunk by the german destroyer wilhelm heidkamp
    Last edited by The Vengur; January 04, 2011 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by le vengur View Post
    the nordic countries should have pansarskepp/armored ship with the armour of a dreadnought and the armament of a pre dreanought

stats for the swedish pansarskepp sverige:
    armament:
    4 ×Bofors 283 mm gun M/1912 (2×2)
    6 × 152 mm/50cal. Bofors QF M/1912 (1×2, 4×1)
    4 × 75 mm/60cal. Bofors AA M/1928 (2×2)
    6 × 40 mm/56cal. Bofors AA M/1936 (3×2)
    4 × 25 mm/58cal. Bofors AA M/1932 (2×2)
    3 × 20 mm/66cal. Bofors AA M/1940 (3×1)

Armour:
    Belt 200 mm
    Artillery 200 mm
    Citadel 100 mm
    Deck 18-28 mm

stats for the Norwegian pansarskepp Eidsvold:
    Armament:
    2 x 21 cm (8.26 inch) guns
    6 x 15 cm (5.90 inch) guns
    8 x 7.6 cm (3 inch) guns
    4 x BR 4.7cm/50cal (3pdr)
    2 x 45 cm (18 inch) submerged torpedo tubes
    Armour:
    Belt:6 inches (17.78 cm)
    Turrets:9 inch (20.32 cm)

both ships served during the war, the eidsvold was sunk by the german destroyer wilhelm heidkamp
    Good info, keep it coming, we may create research section on the OP. This would also be valuable for TGW, though, as if I understood it correctly, the ship was also available for WW1. Or am I wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Boat View Post
    Good info, keep it coming, we may create research section on the OP. This would also be valuable for TGW, though, as if I understood it correctly, the ship was also available for WW1. Or am I wrong.
    both ships also served during ww1 but the sverige had a different armament during that war

Understood le vengur.

The swedish ship will be a recruitable unit for Sweden and the Norwegian one will be used as a recruitable unit for GB (representing the Norwegian resistance) during the occupation of the country by the Germans. . But it will also be recruitable for Norway.

That is during the European Campaigns.

What information do you guys need? I'd like to help if possible, be the most specific possible with what you need.