Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

Default Re: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

armour_ug_models aum_arnor_blake_knight, aum_arnor_blake_knight
    Use this instead in EDU line:-
    Code:
    armour_ug_models aum_arnor_heavy_maa, aum_arnor_heavy_maa

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by A Goon of Sparta View Post
    that didnt work either so i guess i have to buy it or something
    Are you opening a ms3d file then trying to save it? If you are then that is why. It happened to me too. What you need to is to open milkshape than through that open the ms3d file.

thats what ive been doing.

Good deal, it worked. Thank you Ishan for this tutorial, I have been wanting to do this for years.

Good to know you might want to read the BMDB explanation once again and for the numbers that are on the front of every line use the BMDB checker(it's inside the attachment) it shows the at which line the count is wrong and any other general error, It will ease up your task.

hey thanks for having such a nice tutorial! i have sooo many ideas now...

Yeah it opens a can of worms alright lol.
    Good luck with your modding ventures mate.

how can i convert those things to tga type?

i have that but idk how to use it

There is nothing technical about it. Open the program, go in file>open, select your .texture and then save as .tga type and vice versa when done.

nice turtural, but like when i go into my data, unit and so on, the files are in one and there not .mesh files. and it's really confusing cause when i change them to .mesh like in GOM its just green and says proceed or cancel. plz help meh out lol tyvm

Have you unpacked the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Have you unpacked the game?
    yes I did unpack the game in tools. like, i followed everything you said, downloaded everything. but like still, when i get into unit_models liek its in a note file right, so like i can read everythign it says perfecly, and at the end of everything it says .mesh *#* but like u say, open GOM and put it in there...like...idk how exacly. cause its in a notepad thing. its not a file that i can just copy/paste . plz help lol. ive been fighting this for like 2 hours so far and im going insane lol xD. tyvm for your time. trying to enjoy the game even more

And btw, like lets say i wanna do Polish_Knights. i copy
    59 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/polish_knights_lod0.mesh 121
    only or the hole thing

59 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/polish_knights_lod0.mesh 121
    59 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/polish_knights_lod1.mesh 1225
    59 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/polish_knights_lod2.mesh 6400
    Last edited by Ishan; April 05, 2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Double Post

Modeldb file is just a text file that requires coding to add, replace, remove a unit in textual terms. In GOM you have to supply a .mesh file that are found in the directory as per modeldb entry.

oh and i get the error "User Lib Not Found"
    when I change some file with 59 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/polish_knights_lod0.mesh 121 .mesh at the end, since you said copy the 4 files to come random folder, which i did, but in a notepad thing. >.< but hey, we all were noobs at the begining no? xD lol, tyvm again for your help guys.
    Last edited by Ishan; April 06, 2011 at 06:05 AM. Reason: no need to quote your own posts

I'm sorry but i can't really understand you, read the tutorial again every answer is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I'm sorry but i can't really understand you, read the tutorial again every answer is there.
    ok, like i mean, when i go into unit_models, right, lets say for example, i'll be doign it on highland_nobles just like you did alright.

58 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/highland_nobles_lod0.mesh 121
    58 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/highland_nobles_lod1.mesh 900
    58 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/highland_nobles_lod2.mesh 2500
    58 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/highland_nobles_lod3.mesh 6400

like you said: "The lines in red are the location for the mesh files so copy the 4 mesh files and put them in some folder."

like, okay I copied all 4, but you said "in some folder" like in a .txt folder?
    and also.
    "Now open your first mesh file that is highland_nobles_lod0.mesh with GOM and it should be something like this and convert them into .ms3d so that we can edit it in milkshape."

like I have it in a notepad file, its called 58 unit_models_UnitsEN_Highlanderhighland_nobles_lod0.mesh
    and in side of it, do i put 58 unit_models_UnitsEN_Highlanderhighland_nobles_lod0.mesh in it? liek im really confused, followed everystep, I only get lost in these. the rest i can do it myself, but yah, if you dont understand tell me, ill just use "Fraps" and show you how i do it, then you can tell me what part im doing wrong. thank you for your time I really apprichiate it

never mind i foudn it wooooooohooooooooo!!!!! thank you very much!!!
    Last edited by Ishan; April 06, 2011 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Double Post

hey Ishan is there any way to make a mounted knight get off his horse and fight on the ground with his "melee" weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    hey Ishan is there any way to make a mounted knight get off his horse and fight on the ground with his "melee" weapons?
    If you are saying a dismounted version from a mounted one then yes it's possible.
    If you are asking to do this in mid game that is a knight dismounts etc during battle deployment then it's not possible was in M1TW though but not in M2TW.