Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

In Notepad, use Cntrl-F, type it in and let it find it.

Great thanks lol this had me going crazy. Also how do I convert the en_highlander_scotland from texture to tga with Dxtbmp? WHat I mean is how do I get this file once I am in the BMDBP and have found the highland nobles section?
    Last edited by DioD2; February 23, 2011 at 06:23 PM.
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Quote Originally Posted by squatlover View Post
    I am trying to make a musketeer with a pike as a secondary weapon using the above method. I am merging a musketeer (eliminating the sword) with a highland pikeman (eliminating everything but the pike) and I have changed the comment for the pike to secondary weapon, but it CTDs on loading the battle. Am I doing anything wrong?
    No you are doing it right, tell you what replace the mesh file that you created with a vanilla model then try to load the game. If it loads then the problem resides in the model itself that you made and if doesn't then the problem resides in the code probably in EDU or BMDB file.

Quote Originally Posted by DioD2 View Post
    Also how do I convert the en_highlander_scotland from texture to tga with Dxtbmp? WHat I mean is how do I get this file once I am in the BMDBP and have found the highland nobles section?
    Sorry i don't understand. By BMDBP you mean DxtBmp? If so then simply open the .texture wherever it's located and then use the save as option and select "targa with alpha" to save it in .tga format.

[LIST][*]en_highlander_scotland.texture to en_highlander_scotland.tga[*]Final Heater_scotland_diff.texture to Final Heater_scotland_diff.tga

Sorry, what I meant is how do I get these? The textures above me (which you mention in your tutorial).

They are in the unit_models\units folder under some textures folder search them in the unit_models folder.
    You need to unpack the game before that to view that folder btw.

Ok thanks again Ishan, love your work and effort
    Something else, I only have one remaining day of the MS3D trial and so what can I do when it runs out? I can't pay for license right now nor sometime soon...
    Last edited by DioD2; February 24, 2011 at 02:00 PM.

On milkshape I get 4 windows but I do not get the wondow with the smooth polygon at the bottom right - I just get a bunch of lines - is there a particular function I need to select to get the milkshape you are showing (btw I am very computer illiterate) -never mind got it - check show skeleton
    Last edited by squatlover; February 24, 2011 at 04:54 PM.
    That's you, drops of water and you're on top of the mountain of success. But one day you start sliding down the mountain and you think wait a minute; I'm a mountain top water drop. I don't belong in this valley, this river, this low dark ocean with all these drops of water. Then one day it gets hot and you slowly evaporate into air, way up, higher than any mountain top, all the way to the heavens.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

How do I quickly localize the units in the BMDB quickly if I don't know where they are? For example, I just can't seem to find the 15 highland_nobles, so where are they? Am using the organized folder (yes I downloaded it from Gigantus but still can't find unit) please help.
    I might be late (and Irish said it already):
    Use notepad and the search function (Ctrl+F)
    Search for the soldier entry in the EDU of your unit:
    soldier Peasant_Crossbowmen, 48, 0, 0.8
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 24, 2011 at 07:56 PM.

Ok thanks again Ishan, love your work and effort
    Something else, I only have one remaining day of the MS3D trial and so what can I do when it runs out? I can't pay for license right now nor sometime soon...
    No problem.
    And there is nothing you can do about it but to purchase it other workaround is reinstall windows and install the trial again on the fresh copy but it's hectic to go through all that trouble.

Actually I don't think its possible to do what I wanted to do with this method - which is to keep the musket as a primary weapon, and add a pike as a secondary weapon. Do you have any simple ideas how I could go about this?
    That's you, drops of water and you're on top of the mountain of success. But one day you start sliding down the mountain and you think wait a minute; I'm a mountain top water drop. I don't belong in this valley, this river, this low dark ocean with all these drops of water. Then one day it gets hot and you slowly evaporate into air, way up, higher than any mountain top, all the way to the heavens.

You can you have to just replace the secondary weapon sword with pike.
    Not sure you can use the pike spear wall ability when it's secondary though.

Thats what I've done: I've included a pic of what it looks like on milkshape - on loading the battle it runs, but at closer textures, they are carrying huge triangles and there are massive rectangular sheets in between each unit.

Can you show a pic from the battle map. we may have to assign it to the right bone or UVmap the pike on the right texture.

Thanks for your help:

Here is my awesome unit: btw, I don't know how to assign a texture to the pike - which attachmentset do I use - the pike or the gun

ie:
    5 spain
    69 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Light_scotland_diff.texture
    69 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Light_scotland_norm.texture 0

5 spain
    67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_spain_diff.texture
    67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_spain_norm.texture 0

Hm i see seems you did something wrong. Can you provide me the working unedited model the one with musket only and the other model from where you want the pike.

You mean upload them?

ok I put them in rar format:

I think thats what you mean isn't it?

Yeah that's what i meant i will post something tomorrow if you don't mind i'm a bit busy right now.
    I'll post a VM on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Yeah that's what i meant i will post something tomorrow if you don't mind i'm a bit busy right now.
    I'll post a VM on your profile.
    thanks

Hello
    When i delete one of the 2 models comment, the 2 merged models "move" independantly, but when i forget to delete it, all was ok.? any explanation.?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias the great View Post
    Hello
    When i delete one of the 2 models comment, the 2 merged models "move" independantly, but when i forget to delete it, all was ok.? any explanation.?
    Did you merged them with GOM or via milkshape?
    That is a "left over" syndrom when two models have merged with milkshape and there for they still use their own original skeletons.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.