Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

I cannot extract this, maybe it is corrupt.
    Try making a rar file.

New folder.zipUgh I compressed it with 7zip, il compress it using normal windows zip, Il download winrar in case that doesnt work?

The sword in the newest version of your model was not vertex-weighted.
    Make sure you weight that group of vertices to the right hand.

O_O I understand now, I never saw anything about vertex-weighing while i was searching around, damn... thanks all the fun I can have now.

You are welcome, like the great G likes to say: "one is glad to be of service".

I have one final question as im having issues merging with Mesh_2(It continuously just makes a larger file until shut down with tast manager), am I ok to use milkshapes merger or?

I recommend against the milkshape merger function because it will create dual sceletons and two sets of texture requirements.
    It seems to me that one of the files you are trying to merge were converted to ms format with a tool other that the one you are trying to use now.
    I don't know if there is an easy way to fix this and it's been a couple of years since the last time I had this problem.

Idk what the problem was but after looking through some threads I found some saying it has something to do with kingdoms? Im using zarathos's toolbox now and its working fine.

But seriously thanks man (Pauldrons and upper arm plates, weighting those pauldrons was the most frustrating thing iv done in my life)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0003.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	959.8 KB 
ID:	344660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	959.5 KB 
ID:	344661

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    I recommend against the milkshape merger function because it will create dual sceletons and two sets of texture requirements.
    It seems to me that one of the files you are trying to merge were converted to ms format with a tool other that the one you are trying to use now.
    I don't know if there is an easy way to fix this and it's been a couple of years since the last time I had this problem.
    I agree 100% .
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hello, the pictures in the first post has disappeared which makes it impossible to understand what is shown in the pictures.

Is there any other tutorials with pictures?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Thanks, now i am able to merge units and change attachmentsets.

Do you know of a good tutorial for riging models from one game to another?

The textures and models are easily imported by Milkshape3d which has a special importer for Warcraft 3. And i want to test my luck att riging such a unit (fan-made) for Med2.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Rigging is the part of modelling that has to do with the creation of a skeleton for the model and the assignment of the vertex weights to the the skeleton bones.
    I suppose you mean "porting" of a model from one game to M2TW.
    Putting aside copyright issues, if you can open and manipulate a model with milkshape then it is perfectly possible to port it to M2TW, provided it can be assigned to a suitable available skeleton.
    I mean you would be able to see an eight legged bigass spider in M2TW but it's legs wouldn't move convincingly.

Rigging is the part of modelling that has to do with the creation of a skeleton for the model and the assignment of the vertex weights to the the skeleton bones.
    I suppose you mean "porting" of a model from one game to M2TW.
    Putting aside copyright issues, if you can open and manipulate a model with milkshape then it is perfectly possible to port it to M2TW, provided it can be assigned to a suitable available skeleton.
    I mean you would be able to see an eight legged bigass spider in M2TW but it's legs wouldn't move convincingly.
    I see, i've got a weird problem when trying to give Labrynna Gunners from Hyrule 3.6 cannons used by their counterpart in 4.5. They turn out weird and the weapons aren't held properly by the units - usually this should have to do with animations?

But the thing is the animations are the very same. I tried it in both mods and it had the same bug/issue.

In Milkshape3d it looked fine though.

Pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bandicam 2017-05-01 15-22-27-283.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-01 15-23-28-784.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-01 15-23-31-045.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-01 15-23-33-345.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-01 15-23-36-226.jpg  

- The Havamal

This is not an animation problem, it seems to me like an incorrect vertex weight assignment.
    Go through this post you may find your answers in there, if not, post your question in this part of the forums.
    It may not look as the same problem but I think it is.

This is not an animation problem, it seems to me like an incorrect vertex weight assignment.
    Go through this post you may find your answers in there, if not, post your question in this part of the forums.
    Okay thanks, i will do that.

- The Havamal

There is also one other thing. The models in Hyrule all uses the same textures for both attachmentsets and figure - how do one merge a unit when this is the case?

Usually one would have one texture for attachments and one for figure - but this isn't the case with these models which causes problems with one of the textures.

- The Havamal

"Attachments" and "figure" are not parts of the mesh, they are just names of the texturing materials.
    You are not going to have a problem merging models.

"Attachments" and "figure" are not parts of the mesh, they are just names of the texturing materials.
    You are not going to have a problem merging models.
    No, i meant the texture for the weapon gets messed up because the weapon-texture is part of the figure-texture?

- The Havamal