Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1530313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

Quote Originally Posted by Latetotheparty View Post
    Okay now the swords are in their hands but the hilts are floating in the air now.
    Swords and hilts should be parts of the same group.
    Make certain the vertices of the hilts are assigned to the right hand like the rest of the sword.

How? I tried doing it like one of the members in the comments said to but it was after that I started having the problem.

Upload the files of that unit.

This is the milkshape.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you need more?

imazighen_swords.rar

Try them and let me know, this is the best I could do.

The swords are in their hands and the scabbards are at their sides but now they have arms growing out of their right arms that stick up straight in the air.
    Last edited by Latetotheparty; October 15, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

imazighen_swordsmen_V3_lod0.rar

Look man, the model you gave me was in a greater mess than I though and I did not bother checking everything.
    Now try this one.
    Last edited by paleologos; October 13, 2014 at 09:12 AM.

Well jeez, never mind then. I managed to fix it myself.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by Latetotheparty View Post
    Well jeez, never mind then. I managed to fix it myself.
    Would you mind sharing how for the next one with this issue?

Yeah some of these tutorial threads are in serious need of updating. Especially the one that teaches you how to make unit cards. Anyway, with the ms3d model open;

1) Select 'select all'.

2 Select 'hide selection'.

3) Double click on all weapon entries one at a time in the groups tab pressing hide will unhide them.

4) This step I had to deselect them afterwards.

5) Press F1 then 2 on the model tab (this activates face selection)

6) Hold shift and left mouse button to drag a box over the scabbard.

7) With scabbards only selected go to the joints tab, click on pelvis and assign.

They said you can assign 25-50% of the weight to LThigh but I thought it worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Would you mind sharing how for the next one with this issue?
    It was not a "systemic" issue that could be dealt with systemically but one he caused by not selecting carefully the vertices that ought to be re-weighted.
    I realised that when he posted post#787.
    In that "complaint" the right hands were weighted in the "weapon_03" bone, something I had not realised because I only checked the weapons, (also weighted in the "weapon_03" bone originally).

(By the way Latetotheparty, what you reffer as "hilts" in that post you really meant "scabbards", right?)

In any case the "next one with this issue" is unlikely to have an identical problem but a similar one if they don't know where each vertex ought to be weighted.

It was a good thing that he was able to staighten his model out eventually because that's how people learn.
    I was having issues like that all the time when I was learning how to handle meshes.
    Last edited by paleologos; October 14, 2014 at 09:53 PM.

>By the way Latetotheparty, what you reffer as "hilts" in that post you really meant "scabbards", right?

Yeah :/

i have a feeling im doing something wrong. how are you able to get an actual view of your unit so you don't have to keep opening m2tw? Also, i edited everything in milkshape, and using the ug1 file of the unit i want mine to look like, but when i try and use it ingame the changes don't seem to be there after i reconverted it into a mesh file and put it in the proper folder. my super unit just looks dumb instead of awesome

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

The lines in red are the location for the mesh files so copy the 4 mesh files and put them in some folder.

Now open your first mesh file that is highland_nobles_lod0.mesh with GOM and it should be something like this and convert them into .ms3d so that we can edit it in milkshape.

this is the bit that i'm confused about... put the files in some folder? but now my mesh converter can't find the folder?

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

to be honest i wish there was a tutorial of how to edit third age total war units

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I need a bit of help. I'm trying to create a new spearman unit for the SSHIP mod, using Caudillo's units. I've merged the models, added them to the model db, and created a unit in the EDU, but the lod seems to be bugging out. In game they look like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=438236459
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...5411D4451968E/

Any help would be appreciated...

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

I say, can someone explain what the solution comment for case two is? As the image does not load. x
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Ishan, can you update your pictures? Some are missing and I'm sure that's why I'm failing at this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ajpav View Post
    Ishan, can you update your pictures? Some are missing and I'm sure that's why I'm failing at this lol
    +1