Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

Default Re: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    this is very nice, simple and easy to understand tutorial Ishan, truly great work!
    +rep
    Thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian Hussar View Post
    Ishan, i just can't get those textures right

I've used mtw2_en_pplate_magyars.texture for figure and final italian_venice_diff.texture for attachments. The warhammer looks good i gues, and i'm not sure about the body, but the shield is mesed up. It's trying to put venice shield on, but i want hungarian model to stay.

Here is what i get:
    Hm i see it's coz of the UV mapping you have to fix and put the textures on the right place, read the misc case in the tutorial i mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ragnar View Post
    Update. Ishan, got my mongols unit to work. How do I get the mass of drawing lines of the units in milkshape, as seen in your intro. Currently it looks like my fellow pupil serbian hussar's attachment.
    Yeah Click on the Joints tab over on the right control panel. Look in the middle of the options, right under "Vertex Weights" for the "Show Skeleton" option. This will be checked by default.

Uncheck the Show Skeleton box. We will not be editing or using the skeleton, so it's not necessary that it be shown for this tutorial. If you see a bunch of crazy blue lines and circles after you've imported, you forgot to uncheck this option.

Quote Originally Posted by DioD2 View Post
    I have a problem and don't know what am doing wrong but when trying to convert the mesh files into MS3D I get at the end before saving a "memory access violation" notice and the window pops out. My process is copying the 4 mesh files as mentioned above, putting them on a new folder and then using the converter to convert them one by one. What am I doing wrong (please help I'm on the brink of success and fear that I won't be able to make new units )?
    This indicates you have some .dll file required by the converter is missing or can't be accessed by the program. Do you have Windows 7 or Vista by any chance?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Line through the face: check the attachment for wisdom from Allentun

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Thanks bro.

Hm i see it's coz of the UV mapping you have to fix and put the textures on the right place, read the misc case in the tutorial i mentioned.

Yeah Click on the Joints tab over on the right control panel. Look in the middle of the options, right under "Vertex Weights" for the "Show Skeleton" option. This will be checked by default.

Uncheck the Show Skeleton box. We will not be editing or using the skeleton, so it's not necessary that it be shown for this tutorial. If you see a bunch of crazy blue lines and circles after you've imported, you forgot to uncheck this option.

This indicates you have some .dll file required by the converter is missing or can't be accessed by the program. Do you have Windows 7 or Vista by any chance?
    I have window XP, do I need to unblock some type of computer security?
    Last edited by DioD2; February 11, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Hello Ishan, back again. Please confirm. At part 5 on entering the materials tab there are 2 panels as per instructions. I placed "as_lamellar_mongols.texture" in the first one allocated to figure,left second panel with none still in it. Switched to attatchments tab and placed "final heater_slave_diff.texture" in the first panel on that one, and again left the second panel with none in it. My unit still has not any clothes on so to speak. Am i to place "as_lamellar_mongols.texture" in first panel for both figure and attachments. And only "final heater_slave_diff.texture" in the 2 panel in the attachments tab. Also if its a case of me getting this bit wrong,can i still convert to mesh files and place the texts into the game and unit cards etc to at least run in custom mode. Or is this a vital part to make sure the skins is right.

@DioD2
    Try to launch it as administrator then it should work imo.

@Lord Ragnar
    Try this:-
    Right click at the 3d window and select "textured" option may be you have smooth shaped etc option enabled in it.

Ishan THANK YOU! IT DID SAVE REP +

Glad to help bro.

hi Ishan, And that is why you are a god. thanks. for some strange reason my laptops windows7 milkshape works just fine on my unit 3d project. And your right it has only texture and back faces ticked. On my home ps 64bit XP the same unit wouldnt work. So I'm transfering this copy to my xp to see if it was a bad download or something. Any hooooo all is well and thanks again.

Quick Q. my units dont have or seem to not have any faces? depending on the angle the 3d unit is put, the face is almost inside out!!! However its hands are ok. Its bound tobe another preference i will have checked on the milkshape thing. I await your instructions.
    Last edited by Ishan; February 11, 2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: double post

You mean kinda like hollow face? Yeah that happens when the texture contains an alpha channel. In the materials tab where you place the figure texture at the bottom there is a option which will be 'default' select the 'ignore alpha' option and it will be alright then it's just something we see not an error or bug or anything.

Your right yet again Ishan. thanks. Just a quick question if i give a unit a 2h axe will i still need to remove the shield.

Yes you will have to remove the shield as well as the 2-handed animations don't use a shield.

Hey again Ishan, I have a question: The Milkshape3D files I could save without no problem yesterday when using MS3D right but now today when I try to save them I get a message that says "The copy isn't registered. If you want to use MS3D buy a registered code at blablabla. I got the beta and even pressed trial version for both 1.8.4 and 1.8.5 beta so what do I do now?

The trial period lasts for 30 days so if that's over then you have to purchase it and no reinstall etc won't help you have to buy it.

I still have 13 days left, says here when I open.

Ok but you can't save it now after making any changes?
    Try to press Ctrl+S and then close the program when done if you are not prompted then it has saved the model that is.

This was most strange... I closed the MS3D window and opened again and this time it saved.... Well thank you very much anyways for your help Ishan

Softwares are like women always unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Softwares are like women always unpredictable.
    You couldn't be more right than that mate

I am trying to make a musketeer with a pike as a secondary weapon using the above method. I am merging a musketeer (eliminating the sword) with a highland pikeman (eliminating everything but the pike) and I have changed the comment for the pike to secondary weapon, but it CTDs on loading the battle. Am I doing anything wrong?
    That's you, drops of water and you're on top of the mountain of success. But one day you start sliding down the mountain and you think wait a minute; I'm a mountain top water drop. I don't belong in this valley, this river, this low dark ocean with all these drops of water. Then one day it gets hot and you slowly evaporate into air, way up, higher than any mountain top, all the way to the heavens.

How do I quickly localize the units in the BMDB quickly if I don't know where they are? For example, I just can't seem to find the 15 highland_nobles, so where are they? Am using the organized folder (yes I downloaded it from Gigantus but still can't find unit) please help.