Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

Default Re: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

Hello people ! I've tried to change the weapon of the dismounted heavy lancer to an axe, everything seems to work but the axe seems to disappear and reappear, any help ?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Chagatai View Post
    Hello people ! I've tried to change the weapon of the dismounted heavy lancer to an axe, everything seems to work but the axe seems to disappear and reappear, any help ?
    Check ALL axes in your groups section.
    They all must have the same kind of comments like the following example:
    Code:
    primaryactive0
    axe_01
    Code:
    primaryactive0
    axe_02
    ...etc.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Check ALL axes in your groups section.
    They all must have the same kind of comments like the following example:
    Code:
    primaryactive0
    axe_01
    Code:
    primaryactive0
    axe_02
    ...etc.
    Checked, the third one was "primaryactive1" but i changed it to primaryactive0, nothing changed. I tried with the axe of the Varangian Guard and the texture file "final greek_byzantium_diff" is it the wrong file ?

delete
    Last edited by CrayonVonCaesar; June 05, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

I absolutely love the highland swordsmen unit! Is there a chance I could get a download link?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Hi all, I've followed the steps as per the 1st post, using the same programs, but for an unknown reason, when I tried to see the textures, they never appeared on my model in Milkshape 3D 1.8.4.
    Even if I take the same units, the textures are invisible. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 26, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

I think I'm having the same problem with Lifthrasir, I took the dismounted_feudal_knights_lod0 and put them in a different folder and tried to view them with Mesh_2_Ms3d_beta_1_8.

Nothing appeared on the green screen.

Kaelin-Ring's Avatar Laetus

Hi Lifthrasir and aquila_mars !

I've juste been trought the tutorial as you surely did (a BIG thanks to Ishan for is work), and tried my own higland swordsmen.
    Your problem (and i first had the same) is that on your 3d window the "wireframe" mod is selected, you've got to select "textured" and hop! It works! It ook me 30 minutes to find it ^^.

However for me the modeling part went good, but the coding part no! I think i don't really understand well what to do with the export unit file and the the BMDB file. So if someone could explain me that it would be great!
    I create a new folder for higland swordsmen, a new code line in BMDB file and export unit, but it stille doesn't appear in game! Thanks in advance !

As for the line in the middle of the face, I'm getting the same result whether I do the entire process with autosmooth either on or off ... with mixed results, anyways, in doctoring vanilla units. Is there any other setting I could have set wrong? Some units, even if I convert to ms3d and directly back to .mesh without even opening them in milkshape, I get this.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Ok I could use some help. I am trying to view unit textures in milkshape 1.8.4. Specifically trying to view horse textures right now. But when I try and load the textures that are listed in the BMDB (which work in game) it says "error downloading textures!" and no textures show up on the bottom right screen of milkshape. Its really making me angry because it completely stops my progress. I dont have a whole bunch of time to mod right now and this throws a wrench right in the gears of the process! Any help with this would really be appreciated with + reps.

Edit: Nevermind I was an idiot. Didnt have them converted....
    Last edited by Andytheplatypus; September 27, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Hi, me again... How do I add a marka horse texture to another horse? The texture is not part of a horse now though so I cant merge them with GOM because one is ms3d and the other is .texture

To go into a little more detail. I have 1 horse that has nothing but the horse itself. The .texture I am trying to add to the horse is separate and not attached to a horse as far as a .mesh format.

It seems like all I have to do is add the .texture to the ms3d in milkshape through the 'groups' tab. But I dont see an add button. Only delete..
    Last edited by Andytheplatypus; September 27, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you wish to see the texture in milkshape then you first need to convert it to a common format like TGA or DDS.
    Then go to the materials tab and allocate the picture via the first (or second?) button that says <none>

So i changed the texture to .tga and it ended up with that abomination. Supposed to be a hospitaller texture.... I dont get why its different then other unit types. I can do those no problem. Or even existing horse models. But I cant figure out how to get these new textures to the marka horses without them looking like frankenstein

Blog Entries

Select the whole model and then check in window\Texture Coordinate Editor if the groups\vertices are properly aligned with the model. It could also be that a group is assigned to the wrong material (attachment) - but not very likely with mounts.

ugh these damn servers....

What do you mean select the whole model? As in highlight everything in under the group tab? I checked in the texture coordinate editor. Dont really know what I am looking for.

Really all I am trying to do is add 2 new 'figures' under the groups tab. Again I have no idea how to do that. I know they are part of the .texture file but how do I get them on the image without attaching the whole thing?

Blog Entries

The way I understand it: The texture in Materials\Figure is the first entry in modeldb, Attachments is the second. Sample from one of my modeldb files:

Code:
    18 kwarizmian_cavalry 
    1 4 
    72 unit_models/_Units/ME_Mail_Plate_Hvy_Mplate/kwarizmian_cavalry_lod0.mesh 121 
    72 unit_models/_Units/ME_Mail_Plate_Hvy_Mplate/kwarizmian_cavalry_lod1.mesh 900 
    72 unit_models/_Units/ME_Mail_Plate_Hvy_Mplate/kwarizmian_cavalry_lod2.mesh 2500 
    72 unit_models/_Units/ME_Mail_Plate_Hvy_Mplate/kwarizmian_cavalry_lod3.mesh 6400 
    4 merc 
    91 unit_models/_Units/ME_Mail_Plate_Hvy_Mplate/textures/ME_Mail_Plate_Hvy_Mplate_mercs.texture 
    92 unit_models/_Units/ME_Mail_Plate_Hvy_Mplate/textures/ME_Mail_Plate_Hvy_Mplate_normal.texture 
    47 unit_sprites/merc_Kwarizmian_Cavalry_sprite.spr 
    4 merc 
    65 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Middle Eastern_merc_diff.texture 
    65 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Middle Eastern_merc_norm.texture 0  
    5 Horse 
    13 MTW2_HR_Lance 
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 1 
    21 MTW2_HR_Lance_Primary 1 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    The texture doesn't get 'attached' in modeldb - it's more a matter of 'trying on' - and for that you cannot use the original texture format.

Select: yes --> highlight\double click in list
    In the editor is a drop down list with all the model groups. Choose one and have a look if it is placed correctly on the texture. Manipulate the group until it fits correctly. It takes some practice, so have a back up at hand as there is no 'undo' button in the editor.

Last edited by Gigantus; September 28, 2013 at 09:47 AM.

Yes but horses only have the 1 texture option. Nothing for attachments

68 unit_models/Mounts/heavy_horse_marka/XII_order_horse_marka_lod0.mesh 10000
    7 england
    77 unit_models/Mounts/heavy_horse_marka/textures/XII_order_horse_templar.texture
    76 unit_models/Mounts/heavy_horse_marka/textures/XII_order_horse_normal.texture
    25 unit_sprites/x_sprite.spr

Thats it

Also this is what I am getting when trying to edit coordinates. Looks a lot different then yours.

Blog Entries

A - you didn't select\highlight any groups of your model
    B - you have to drag the window larger, it only shows a bit more then a quarter of the texture. The alternative would be to click "Fit Selection" after highlighting the model and re-starting the editor.

Ok so I got to showing that they arent lined up right. But that makes no sense. In game they look perfect. When I try to look at the exact same model and texture in milkshape it looks like frankenstein. Why is it only screwing up in milkshape?

I am an idiot. My original question was how to I change textures on horses. All you have to do is change line in BMDB.... wow didnt think it would be that easy. Still dont know why its not working correctly in milkshape, but if its working in game I dont really care that much. THanks for the info buddy. + rep