Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

Default Re: Be a Modder: Doctoring of Medieval 2 units.

oh sorry i was not specific enough, yes i did indeed mean a dismounted version of a mounted unit, and of course not while in-game, that would be silly . what are the steps i need to take in order to unmount this unit? i am beginner so please be detailed, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    oh sorry i was not specific enough, yes i did indeed mean a dismounted version of a mounted unit, and of course not while in-game, that would be silly . what are the steps i need to take in order to unmount this unit? i am beginner so please be detailed, thank you.
    Read this tutorial if you can't grasp anything then let me know in this thread i'll explain here.

hey Ishan, i hope you can answer these questions.
    ok first Veltro tells me to:
    Now select "sword secondary" lines, the first one:
    ....and rename them as "primary"....:

so this means he says that i must delete completely delete "sword secondary" and replace it with "Primary" which means if i had "Sword Secondary_5" will become "Primary_5" is this right?

now my second question, Veltro then tells me to:
    Now in "Comment" (!!!) change "secondary" in "primary"......:

but this is what i see when i check the comments:
    secondaryactive1
    sword secondary_4

this all i see, so what do i change exactly?

and nother thing some of the mounted units i want to change only have 1 mesh file or several named like this:
    blazingsun_lod0.mesh
    blazingsun_ug1_lod0.mesh
    blazingsun_ug2_lod0.mesh

and one unit only has this:
    goldenlion_ug2_lod0.mesh

what does this mean exacly? does it matter how many there are and how they are set up?

what am i suppose to do exactly? how do i unmount these new units? how do i add them to the campaign or barracks? how do i add them to certain factions? how do i add them in custom battles? how do i make a picture for the unit cards? how do i set up the new units stats? all these questions have been left unanswered

thank you Ishan for answering my questions.
    Last edited by Toho; April 08, 2011 at 01:21 AM.

hey Ishan, i hope you can answer these questions.
    ok first Veltro tells me to:
    Now select "sword secondary" lines, the first one:
    ....and rename them as "primary"....:

so this means he says that i must delete completely delete "sword secondary" and replace it with "Primary" which means if i had "Sword Secondary_5" will become "Primary_5" is this right?

now my second question, Veltro then tells me to:
    Now in "Comment" (!!!) change "secondary" in "primary"......:

but this is what i see when i check the comments:
    secondaryactive1
    sword secondary_4

this all i see, so what do i change exactly?
    You guys don't read the tutorial thoroughly.
    First you gotta know what is you want to do in practical terms don't get all technical all of a sudden the thing is you got a mounted unit and that unit has a lance\spear as its primary weapon and a sword\mace\axe as its secondary weapon.
    So to make a dismounted version all one needs to do is delete the lance and put it's comments that is primary weapon in place of secondary weapon that is now the primary weapon just like other dismounted versions.

So the above thing becomes:-
    Code:
    primaryactive1
    sword primary_4
    Where first line is the actual comment that game recognizes and takes as a primary weapon while the second line represents the name of the group that can be anything but has to be exact same as the actual group you have in the model. Zero tells that this object will be present of every unit.

and nother thing some of the mounted units i want to change only have 1 mesh file or several named like this:
    blazingsun_lod0.mesh
    blazingsun_ug1_lod0.mesh
    blazingsun_ug2_lod0.mesh

and one unit only has this:
    goldenlion_ug2_lod0.mesh

what does this mean exacly? does it matter how many there are and how they are set up?
    Read the BMDB explanation in the first post of this thread if you can't understand and don't get your answers then tell me again i will answer them but it's all there.

what am i suppose to do exactly? how do i unmount these new units? how do i add them to the campaign or barracks? how do i add them to certain factions? how do i add them in custom battles? how do i make a picture for the unit cards? how do i set up the new units stats? all these questions have been left unanswered
    Lol bro this is not the place for this, there are tutorials on everything you just asked check the index here. If you can't find them or can't understand anything then post here and ask me.

my god...this is much more complicated then i anticipated...alright so here is where i am so far, it seems to me that EDU and EDB should be much more simpler then battle_models.modeldb. so lets do this one first...
    this is the only example of mounted and unmounted knights i have in this game and this one looks a little different then the other mounted knights so I'll post it here anyway and hear your opinion
    Mounted Reiksguard:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    10 reiksguard
    1 1
    76 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/reiksguard_lod0.mesh 6400
    12 papal_states
    86 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/textures/Order_knights.texture
    93 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/textures/Order_knights_normal.texture
    47 unit_sprites/papal_states_reiksguard_sprite.spr
    3 hre
    86 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/textures/Order_knights.texture
    93 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/textures/Order_knights_normal.texture
    38 unit_sprites/hre_reiksguard_sprite.spr
    6 france
    41 unit_sprites/france_reiksguard_sprite.spr
    12 papal_states
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_PAPA_infantry1_diff.texture
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_PAPA_infantry1_norm.texture 0
    3 hre
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_REIK_infantry1_diff.texture
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_REIK_infantry1_norm.texture 0
    6 france
    87 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/attachmentsets/Att_Orden_knights_diff.texture
    87 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/attachmentsets/Att_Orden_knights_norm.texture 0
    5 Horse
    13 MTW2_HR_Lance
    13 MTW2_HR_Sword 2
    21 MTW2_HR_Lance_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 2
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    14 reiksguard_ug1
    1 1
    80 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/reiksguard_ug1_lod0.mesh 6400
    12 papal_states
    51 unit_sprites/papal_states_reiksguard_ug1_sprite.spr
    3 hre
    42 unit_sprites/hre_reiksguard_ug1_sprite.spr
    6 france
    45 unit_sprites/france_reiksguard_ug1_sprite.spr
    12 papal_states
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_PAPA_infantry1_diff.texture
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_PAPA_infantry1_norm.texture 0
    3 hre
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_REIK_infantry1_diff.texture
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_REIK_infantry1_norm.texture 0
    6 france
    87 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/attachmentsets/Att_Orden_knights_diff.texture
    87 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/attachmentsets/Att_Orden_knights_norm.texture 0
    5 Horse
    13 MTW2_HR_Lance
    13 MTW2_HR_Sword 2
    21 MTW2_HR_Lance_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 2
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield
    14 reiksguard_ug2
    1 1
    80 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/reiksguard_ug2_lod0.mesh 6400
    12 papal_states
    51 unit_sprites/papal_states_reiksguard_ug2_sprite.spr
    3 hre
    42 unit_sprites/hre_reiksguard_ug2_sprite.spr
    6 france
    45 unit_sprites/france_reiksguard_ug2_sprite.spr
    12 papal_states
    3 hre
    6 france
    5 Horse
    13 MTW2_HR_Lance
    13 MTW2_HR_Sword 2
    21 MTW2_HR_Lance_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 2
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield

Dismounted Reiksguard:

21 dismounted_Reiksguard
    1 3
    84 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/Reiskguard/dismounted_Reiksguard_lod0.mesh 121
    84 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/Reiskguard/dismounted_Reiksguard_lod0.mesh 1225
    84 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/Reiskguard/dismounted_Reiksguard_lod0.mesh 6400
    3 hre
    49 unit_sprites/hre_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    8 portugal
    54 unit_sprites/portugal_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    5 spain
    51 unit_sprites/spain_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    8 scotland
    54 unit_sprites/scotland_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    6 sicily
    52 unit_sprites/sicily_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    5 milan
    51 unit_sprites/milan_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    6 venice
    52 unit_sprites/venice_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    6 saxons
    52 unit_sprites/saxons_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    9 byzantium
    55 unit_sprites/byzantium_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    6 france
    52 unit_sprites/france_dismounted_Reiksguard_sprite.spr
    3 hre
    8 portugal
    5 spain
    8 scotland
    6 sicily
    5 milan
    6 venice
    6 saxons
    9 byzantium
    6 france
    4 None
    19 MTW2_Slow_Swordsman 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

here is a mounted unit i want to change:
    16 Black_guard_morr
    1 3
    82 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/Black_guard_morr_lod0.mesh 121
    82 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/Black_guard_morr_lod0.mesh 900
    82 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/Black_guard_morr_lod0.mesh 6400
    6 saxons
    97 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/textures/Morr_knights&Blazing_sun.texture
    104 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/textures/Morr_knights&Blazing_sun_normal.texture
    47 unit_sprites/saxons_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    3 hre
    97 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/textures/Morr_knights&Blazing_sun.texture
    104 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/Order_knights/textures/Morr_knights&Blazing_sun_normal.texture
    44 unit_sprites/hre_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    5 spain
    46 unit_sprites/spain_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    8 scotland
    49 unit_sprites/scotland_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    6 sicily
    47 unit_sprites/sicily_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    5 milan
    46 unit_sprites/milan_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    9 byzantium
    50 unit_sprites/byzantium_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    6 venice
    47 unit_sprites/venice_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    8 portugal
    49 unit_sprites/portugal_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    6 france
    47 unit_sprites/france_Black_guard_morr_sprite.spr
    6 saxons
    3 hre
    5 spain
    8 scotland
    6 sicily
    5 milan
    9 byzantium
    6 venice
    8 portugal
    6 france
    5 Horse
    12 MTW2_HR_Mace 0
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

here are the tutorials i tried to use but instead confused me even further
    1) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77323 this confused me because he says he made it readable but i found no steps telling me how to make that mess readable

2) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106265 this one was very useful because it gave me the name of a free program that helps me read the mess easily but the rest of his post was pure chinese to me

3) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78236

Now this guy's tutorial about how to edit the files for a dismounted unit was very helpful however i kind of need a clarification on what this .spr file is, in the third tutorial he sais to take Mounted_knight.spr and make a dismounted version of it like this: dismounted_Mounted_knight.spr
    now what does this .spr do? i didnt change anything of it except its name. will this be alright? should i just do what he says no questions asked?
    Last edited by Toho; April 08, 2011 at 09:23 PM.

hi I need a bit of help here. like in Milkshape, when im adding my texture of my claymore weapon. like it has multi colors in it. how do i like remove the blue, white colors and just leave gray/sword lookign type color. thank you for your time

@Toho
    Tell you what lets start from scatach lol you read the wrong tutorial you need milkshape to achieve this thing with pure coding it's not possible you have to do some 3D-Manipulation. First thing is you download retrofit mod or baregeomod these are simple stripped down vanilla mods that so that will be you learning base. You put the vanilla files there and mod on them to check it in-game.
    After installing either of them you first do what's told in the tutorial with the unit example i have provided first achieve this and then you can move on with other units but first do what i've shown in the OP that is convert a Highlander 2Handed swordsman into Swordsman with shield.
    When you do that you will get the idea and there will be no need to learn any other tutorial. About modeldb lol i have told in the OP that by default it's messed up use the formatted version seems you didn't read that part. Don't do a quick read have some patience and follow it step by step.

Now either do what i told you and try modifying the highlander unit or tell me i will give another example say of Knights Templar unit to it's dismounted version which is what you are looking for.
    And btw this is the proper tutorial you are looking for.
    And .spr is a 2D sprite i told of all this in the OP read it (BMDB explanation) before i loose my patience.

Quote Originally Posted by xcdrone17 View Post
    hi I need a bit of help here. like in Milkshape, when im adding my texture of my claymore weapon. like it has multi colors in it. how do i like remove the blue, white colors and just leave gray/sword lookign type color. thank you for your time
    Can you provide a screenshot of the problem? seems as if you are using a normal map instead of the right texture.

is the pic, like on attachments I have like black,gray colors on my "Claymore" + "Spear thing for horse" and I added a texture from scotland. and yah few are from normal map, I just read to fast xD but yah ill re do from 0, I undertsand what I gotta do/change, thank you for your time, I really really apprichiate it/Bad English but Yah can't help it lol. i'll copy every step what you did, with your unit, but yah I know what I gotta do, thank you only part that is messing meh up is the random colors thta pop on my weapons like its supposed ot be gray/silver not black or any other color. ill follow your turtorial,others, try to fix it myself. thank you again lool

nvm.

@xcdrone17
    hey dude while i was searching about my own problem i think i found what you are looking for, it looks awfully similar to your problem.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...26#post5251826
    Last edited by Ishan; April 13, 2011 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Double Post

in what file are textures located?

@xcdrone17
    You have loaded 2 models load only the soldier and then provide the right texture file.
    @A Goon of Sparta
    All the textures are located in the unit_models's sub directories in a categorized way they are in folders called textures with the format of .texture type.

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro
    City of Lightning, Equator Emerald, 1st Level of Heaven

Wow, Thank You!
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

"He who has not seen it does not know the power of Islam." -Ibn Khaldun

fox991's Avatar Civis

Hi there
    CAN YOU MAKE A VIDEO , I THINK IT WILL BE BETTER
    BUT GREAT WORK

Code:
    15 highland_nobles 
    1 4 
    58 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/highland_nobles_lod0.mesh 121 
    58 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/highland_nobles_lod1.mesh 900 
    58 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/highland_nobles_lod2.mesh 2500 
    58 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/highland_nobles_lod3.mesh 6400 
    8 scotland 
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/textures/en_highlander_scotland.texture 
    70 unit_models/_Units/EN_Highlander/textures/en_highlander_normal.texture 
    48 unit_sprites/scotland_Highland_Nobles_sprite.spr 
    8 scotland 
    70 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_scotland_diff.texture 
    70 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_scotland_norm.texture 0  
    4 None 
    16 MTW2_2HSwordsman 0  
    24 MTW2_2HSwordsman_Primary 0 
    The lines in red are the location for the mesh files so copy the 4 mesh files and put them in some folder.

where can i get that
    Last edited by Ishan; June 04, 2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Double Post

I could but unfortunately my net not that fast to upload a 720p video on web\you tube.
    And those red lines show the path where you could find the files in your medieval copy, you have to unpack the game before hand though.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Hello ishan, first off thanks for making this tutorial, but im a little stumped so you'll have to forgive me. I'm modding Call of Warhammer and I'm trying to give a pikemen model a sword and shield, i can follow the tutorial fine but where i get thrown off is the particular warhammer mod files, as i cant find which specific things i need to swap/combine. I can convert the pikeman model into milkshape but thats when i get stopped.

Perhaps you can help me? i will upload the battle_models.modeldb, and im sorry if i bothered you.
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

fox991's Avatar Civis

i did not understand step VI can you be clearer

jerguc's Avatar Foederatus

Can you change generals animations and weapons to 2handed ???

Quote Originally Posted by jerguc View Post
    Can you change generals animations and weapons to 2handed ???
    Yes, if you study the battlemodels file, a formated one for preference, you'll see which section to swap for another. You will only be changing the animation though, not the weapon itself. To change the weapon you must edit the model as described in the tutorial.

I just want to use the 2h weapon animation.
    an thx

btw is for TATW on heroes animation the same thing than here in M2TW ??

Ok now Im realy confused :S
    I tryed several times edititng battle_models but nothing the result was just in CTD and nothing else. and here it says 2h sword but in battle aragorn uses his sword with just 1 hand.(even more confused) :S
    please help

7 aragorn
    1 1
    43 unit_models/_Units/Heroes/aragorn_lod0.mesh 64000
    8 timurids
    50 unit_models/_Units/Heroes/textures/aragorn.texture
    57 unit_models/_Units/Heroes/textures/aragorn_normal.texture 0
    5 turks
    57 unit_models/_Units/Heroes/textures/aragorn_normal.texture 0
    5 slave