Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Icon5 Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Secession Civil War ?
    A complete modification for Medieval II total War - Kindgoms extansion, reenacted the American Civil War (1861-1865), better known in Europa as Secession War. Secession (derived from the Latin term secessio) is the act of withdrawing from an organization, union, or especially a political entity. Threats of secession also can be a strategy for achieving more limited goals.

Is there a campaign ?
    The goal of this Mod is to try and recreate the massive and epic battles of the American Civil War 1861-1865; the Union troops (the North) versus the Confederate troops (the South). Expect you to play single player custom and historic battles, and of course, the more important goal of the 1.0 version, multiplayer battles.
    So the first version of this Mod will not have a Campaign added, but one has already been foreseen and will be further developed when this Mod turns out to be a success.
    As we all say;''No Mod is really complete without an included Campaign''!

Who are you, kind and thoughtful modders ?
    Oh, thanks. We are Les Zouaves, a little team of french modders. Raph_VR is the leader of SCW, seconded by Nirnaeth Arnoediad. We have also enslaved many minor assistants of the french community, but their names are worthless.
    We have many friends on TWC and so many submods have been implemented in SCW. For more infos, see our credits.
    Our project of mod is based on the idea of commun development ; it means, as we are not elite modders, that we want to work for and with the community, and so all the advices and work that players or modders would bring to us would be welcome.

When will release the 1.0 version ?
    It's already released... Are you silly or just tired ?

What will occur after the 1.0 release ?
    We have already listed the errors or defaults we will correct in the 1.1 patch. Many details, as sounds, musics, texts and of course new factions and more units will be added patch after patch.
    We can already announce our next version will be a Special Units patch.

Only two factions ?
    For now, yes, but the future versions, even before the campaign release, will add Mexico, France, Great-Britain and Indian Nations. So the campaign map will be full of people.

Bugs
    We know our actual version os full of unknown bugs. Players have to know bugs depends on many different factors, so the same mod can work on a computer and not on another. We try to identifye the reasons of bugs, but only the future versions will be debugged. So we are afraid to let without help players suffering bugs and we apologize for this.

* * * POST YOUR QUESTIONS BELOW * * *
    * * * POST YOUR QUESTIONS BELOW * * *
    Last edited by Nirnaeth Arnoediad; June 02, 2011 at 08:03 AM.

Ryou's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

wow, this mod seems awesome,can't wait for it to be released...........cheers!
    There may be a mod for empire about the civil war but it isn't really that well made, and temper with the game it self, and plus, everyone knows M2TW have better graphics than empire!
    Last edited by Ryou; December 21, 2010 at 04:12 PM.

Please leave your name when you rep me!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=554497
    My little English Civil War Novel;
    For King and Country

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Any news on the 1.1 patch yet

Sorry, I'm full busy...
    I don't have any time to work on this mod.
    In Secession CivilWar we trust

I have one question about your mod please... (I don't know if it is the good place for that... but why not ?)
    I downloaded your mod last week-end and wanted to install it, after modifying my version of Kingdoms to 1.05
    No problem for installing, but when I launch the game ad when I click on "single player".... I don't see anything !!!
    That's not really true.... I don't see the button to start a campaign (I see the others)
    I don't know if someone had this problem before.... I have W7 and I really want to try to your mod which seems very interesting !!
    Thanks for answers ! Bye !

There is NO campaign yet only custom battles

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Does the AI know to just stand in a line and shoot/get shot without using any tactics whatsoever? You know, like the real American civil war.
    I like pie.

It's that I want, but AI is very stupid... And hard to code.

From wich movie the background menu video is?

It's from "Glory". It presents a battle when the principal character was lieutnant.

how i can playt this great mod online

Is it me or does this not have gun fire and battle sounds

Is there any work being done on the mod at this time ?

why after I end game and go to play again it wont work

SCW1.0 contains a lot of bugs. We need a programmer team to search the system conflicts.

If I can, I work again on it in july, but I've no time now.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

how is siege warfare going to work? from what i've read, walls were pointless and the defenses were nothing more than stakes and trenches since artillery was an important weapon in 19th century warfare.