Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I want Empire 2 Total War

Default Re: I want Empire 2 Total War

i would like to be able to customize uniforms int he game itself, not by modding. so we could customize regiments, equipment, etc.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

That would also be totally cool. Also customize that regiment's flag and emblem.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sounds like you want Victoria TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Sounds like you want Victoria TW.
    Who doesn't? They can call it Empire 2 but I want it set in the Victorian Era.

Patrician

^ yes

I want trains, I love the Victorian Era mostly because of what could have been. We have Russia almost in India and Britain and France almost going to war several times but always coming together to gang rape Russia or Germany. We also have the emergence of several powers and tonnes of interesting foreign policies and internal politics. Like imagine WW1 during the Victorian Era or if Russia became that super state and managed to conquer India and China or if Napoleon III declared war on Victoria or maybe even if Albert's British-Italian-German proposed alliance would have come through and wreaked havoc on Russia and France.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Why not?

EnsignElliott's Avatar Libertus

I'd love to have an Empire Total War 2. I play with Darthmod Platinum plus various flag, unit and ship mods and find its still lacking. Its also far to slow and the lag time get unbearable by about 1760.

I'd like ETW2 to be the same time period as the original, just a more polished version with better graphics, more varied units, more diplomacy options and less lag (similar to NTW).

Patrician

I am not really interested in the 1700s other than in East Asia (China, Siam, Vietnam and Burma), the Middle East (things associated with Nader Shah), the United States (American Revolution) and Europe (various wars). Everywhere else the 1700s was pretty bland, Nader Shah in the Middle East and European wars were the only real large scale wars where things were happening.
    The 1800s on the other hand were great with all the technology, the social issues and revolution and of course the opening of the world and all sorts of wars.

All the features you guys discussed above are fine, but how about just releasing a game that's polished, runs wells, properly utilizes modern computer infrastructure and has a decent AI? These things should have been the basis, none of the fancy features is going to matter if CA can't even get the basis down. I won't ever pay for another CA game if they are incapable of or don't care to do this right. Now that they have released Rome 2 in a shameful state, perhaps they should focus on fixing that instead of trying to make even more money by release even more broken games.
    Last edited by yiplong; December 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Patrician

Sad but true

I want Empire 2 too and I buy Empire 2 if they do make it in the future
    as long as
    -they allow modding ---i like it when i make a simple mod allowing Maratha to recruit republican guards and other elite units ...also line infantry size war elephant with 30 defense XD ---
    -they make the entire world accessible
    -let the starting era be 1500 and option to choose era so you can play emergent factions of those era.
    -technology research rate are slow yet realistic and each major faction should have their own unique research tree
    -the end of technology research are technology from early 1900 (from bows and arrows and brutal brawls to muskets and lining up to get shot to bolt action rifles and trench warfare )

Quote Originally Posted by jucheckexe View Post
    I want Empire 2 too and I buy Empire 2 if they do make it in the future
    as long as
    -they allow modding ---i like it when i make a simple mod allowing Maratha to recruit republican guards and other elite units ...also line infantry size war elephant with 30 defense XD ---
    -they make the entire world accessible
    -let the starting era be 1500 and option to choose era so you can play emergent factions of those era.
    -technology research rate are slow yet realistic and each major faction should have their own unique research tree
    -the end of technology research are technology from early 1900 (from bows and arrows and brutal brawls to muskets and lining up to get shot to bolt action rifles and trench warfare )
    oh i forgot

Campaign AI should be smarter and logical not just declaring war on after your 1st turn.
    Battle AI should be more tricky smart maybe player like

Empire 2 : 1850-1900 with world map if it's possible, or at least Europe (and N.Africa), America and Colonies.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I played Empire TW again, for quite some time lately...

...and I definitely want an Empire 2 TW.

The sheer scope of the game is phenomenal, and it allows so many strategic and tactical options, with all sorts of different nations/cultures, you don't get that in any other Total War game. And that's to be expected, clearly, because this is the "largest" of them all. But it's still splendid in many ways, and if the game would have had more units, particularly some more unique ones, then it would have made it a really excellent game.

And keep in mind, it's almost 7 years old!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

I reckon we're getting Victoria so board the hype train!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Most likely a Victorian TW is on the cards now, indeed.

Or perhaps a early gunpowder age.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Would like to see it a bit earlier then most of you people. I would like it around the discovery of America or maybe even a bit earlier with the Portugees going around Africa.
    Maybe to do this with other countries also in some kind of mission format.
    I would like a realistic map of all theatres including rivers and trade that comes with it. Even the option to dig channels or build new roads.
    I would like the provinces to be much smaller. For example, France not just one, but make every church, factory or whatever a small province.

I want Kaisar Invades America Triggers WWI In 1900 TW. (based on a great alt-hist book called 1900)

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I believe they skipped the most important era of history. From 1453 to 1700, many super important things happened yet not single TW game adressed it. Sadly, EU4 just a strategy game, TW game is that what we need.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Yes I agree with all who say the next TW is going to be a Vicky scenario on a global map. The only question is...when?